PDA

View Full Version : Humanitarian mission approved to Lugansk ... ???

okiey
11-08-2014, 23:09
It has me puzzled slightly. Why would Ukraine allow Russia to establish a humanitarian corridor to supply aid to Lugansk?

Once Russia is in, it will be hard to get it out.

What if Russian humanitarian workers get shelled or shot at? Will Russia reserve the right to protect them?

Why doesn't the Red Cross go in itself?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-28743478

TolkoRaz
11-08-2014, 23:46
The UKR was pressured into it by the US of A because they believed that the RF were about to enter the UKR militarily using the Humanitarian pretext.

If this had happened, Obuma etc would have been in a very difficult position! This way, he hopes that he has averted a military intervention by the RF! ;)

Russian Lad
11-08-2014, 23:47
It has me puzzled slightly. Why would Ukraine allow Russia to establish a humanitarian corridor to supply aid to Lugansk?

The Ukrainian commentators on their channels claim this announcement was made by the Russians for the internal consumption, to show to the brainwashed rabble here in Russia how much they care. That in reality no one in Ukraine gave a go ahead to any such mission. They were actually laughing about it on air just an hour ago, having a few chuckles over how stupid and gullible the Russian hoi polloi are, ready to believe any BS.
Well, that's their take on the matter, I personally don't know. Let's see tomorrow.:)))) I guess we need to hear the officials from the Red Cross, to me the point is moot too. I am observing a lot of irrationality in the actions that are being taken though, soon it will explode into the smug faces of quite many Russians I think. Looking at their surprised and even scared faces will make me experience erection I think.:)

Alan65
12-08-2014, 04:27
The UKR was pressured into it by the US of A because they believed that the RF were about to enter the UKR militarily using the Humanitarian pretext.

If this had happened, Obuma etc would have been in a very difficult position! This way, he hopes that he has averted a military intervention by the RF! ;)

How are your boys doing

bydand
12-08-2014, 11:18
To my understanding (from France 24), it is a multinational aid effort, including Russia, overseen by the Red Cross.

okiey
12-08-2014, 11:48
"Russian authorities have stressed that the aid delivery is being coordinated with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), with Kiev’s consent."

The wording implies this is a Russian-led initiative, maybe under the auspices of the Red Cross, although the latter have not confirmed anything.

Maybe the Red Cross will take control of the operation when the convoy reaches the border, although I suspect otherwise.

A Russian convoy of 280 trucks carrying humanitarian aid for Ukraine departed from Moscow on Tuesday despite Western warnings against using help as a pretext for an invasion.

French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius said Tuesday that the aid convoy may be a “cover” for Moscow to install a permanent presence in rebel-held territories in eastern Ukraine.

Kiev and its Western allies have long been worried that Moscow could launch a cross-border invasion to head off a rebel defeat in the eastern Ukrainian city of Donetsk. US intelligence reports said that Russia has been steadily building up its military forces in the area, which include several armored vehicles bearing the Cyrillic insignia for "peacekeeping”.

Russian authorities have stressed that the aid delivery is being coordinated with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), with Kiev’s consent.

"It has all been agreed with Ukraine," Business FM radio quoted President Vladimir Putin’s spokesman, Dmitry Peskov, as saying.

To my understanding (from France 24), it is a multinational aid effort, including Russia, overseen by the Red Cross.

Remington
12-08-2014, 11:54
Russian military will be excluded from this multinational aid effort. This should speed up the capture of the rebels once civvies are evacuated from their homes to safe zone established by Red Cross assuming if the rebels allow them. I have serious doubt this humanitarian effort will succeed as the rebels cannot be trusted. Red Cross workers will more likely will be taken as a hostage or used as a human shield against advancing Ukrainian army.

Russian Lad
12-08-2014, 14:25
Espreso is reporting that the plan is to deliver the convoy to the Kharkov region controlled by Ukraine, to unload it and then to deliver in the Red Cross trucks.

okiey
12-08-2014, 14:27
Apparently now, Ukraine wants delivery delayed for a week also.

Uncle Wally
12-08-2014, 14:59
I just read they won't let the trucks in at all.

AstarD
12-08-2014, 15:04
So they should not. It's as if they think Poroshenko has never heard of the Trojan Horse.

okiey
12-08-2014, 15:08
Tomorrow could be an interesting day.

FatAndy
12-08-2014, 15:24
Espreso is reporting that the plan is to deliver the convoy to the Kharkov region controlled by Ukraine, to unload it and then to deliver in the Red Cross trucks.
The question is if they have enough "Red Cross trucks". 6 tons*280 trucks = 1680 tons.

englishcouple
12-08-2014, 15:45
Well, as I'm sure that everyone is aware, the humanitarian mission has been blocked.

(I wanted to post a URL, but I cannot just yet - it's all over RT)

Terrible news for Ukraine's International Human Rights image, and for the citizens in the East.

AstarD
12-08-2014, 15:51
Blocked because Russia was lying about Kyiv having authorized it, you mean? Why would Ukraine let in a Trojan Horse full of soldiers and likely weaponry?

FatAndy
12-08-2014, 16:09
Why would Ukraine let in a Trojan Horse full of soldiers and likely weaponry?
Yep, indeed, why these nasty Russians should organise that noise with humanitarian aid at all, if they may just invade directly via open border of 165 km length? :D

AstarD
12-08-2014, 16:12
Whether Russia's intentions are actually good does not make any difference. It has proven itself an unreliable and hostile neighbor. Ukraine would be foolish to trust it.

FatAndy
12-08-2014, 16:18
It has proven itself an unreliable and hostile neighbor.
When you was Russian's neighbour, dear? :)

okiey
12-08-2014, 16:29
Blocked because Russia was lying about Kyiv having authorized it, you mean? Why would Ukraine let in a Trojan Horse full of soldiers and likely weaponry?

Trojan Horse, I don't think so. Mercenaries and weapons have been flowing across the border for months, Russia doesn't need the pretense of a humanitarian convoy for that.

What puzzled me last night is did Ukraine really authorize it ... Poroshenko reportedly did agree to it under Red Cross supervision. Russia's move seems to have caught everyone a bit off guard, for not the first time.

I think Russia knows quite well Kiev will try to prevent the aid entering Ukraine, but did Russia mobilize this huge effort just to leave it sitting idly on the border and to ultimately hand it over to the Red Cross and Ukrainian authorities, and leave it to them to distribute it?

Judge
12-08-2014, 16:33
Could be wrong but, It looks like Russia is getting ready to open the land corridor to Crimea.
This is the time to do it, wait any longer and the weather will turn.

Uncle Wally
12-08-2014, 17:14
Trojan Horse?

Lame excuse, I guess they never thought of opening up the trucks and looking inside. Much better to have starving babes dying of thrist.

FatAndy
12-08-2014, 17:29
Much better to have starving babes dying of thrist.
But, comrade! They'll die in free democratic Ukraine, not live under the hard iron press of corrupted pro-Moscow regime!:mooooh:

Russian Lad
12-08-2014, 17:46
Could be wrong but, It looks like Russia is getting ready to open the land corridor to Crimea.
This is the time to do it, wait any longer and the weather will turn.

What weather??? You want the North Korea real bad in Russia, don't you, suggesting an invasion into a sovereign state? It would be even worse than the North Korea, even the North Korea respects borders of other states.

Uncle Wally
12-08-2014, 21:54
But, comrade! They'll die in free democratic Ukraine, not live under the hard iron press of corrupted pro-Moscow regime!:mooooh:

They must learn to live by the rules! First rule the only thing that is free is starvation everything else will cost you.

Uncle Wally
12-08-2014, 22:25
Whether Russia's intentions are actually good does not make any difference. It has proven itself an unreliable and hostile neighbor. Ukraine would be foolish to trust it.

You know guys she may be on to something. I went to my friend's dad's birthday and they brought in this huge cake and to my surprize a naked girl jumped out just after he blew out the candles. Those sneaky Russian! Who'd a thought of that?

Uncle Wally
12-08-2014, 22:37
This just in, Russian soldiers invade Ukraine dress as bananas! Also reports of very large apples moving south along the Ukrainian border.

Alan65
12-08-2014, 22:55
This just in, Russian soldiers invade Ukraine dress as bananas! Also reports of very large apples moving south along the Ukrainian border.

Well...the last time they were dressed as little green men.

Russian Lad
12-08-2014, 23:14
Also reports of very large apples moving south along the Ukrainian border.

Green apples?:)

Uncle Wally
12-08-2014, 23:18
Well...the last time they were dressed as little green men.

And you think Alex Jones is bad? Give me a break! Little green men they used to lock you up if you started talking like that. Now the US state department talks about zombies and little green men but if we say anything like buildings just don't fall down like that we're nuts in tin foil hats. Wait, wait, something's coming in, The US embassy in Keiv warns Americans not to talk to any strange vegtables, if you see any little green men that resemble cucumbers please report it to the embassy or for faster service call your sister in Kansas and tell her then the NSA will forward the info to us.

Uncle Wally
12-08-2014, 23:43
Green apples?:)

No stop please I'm going to pee my pants!

Judge
13-08-2014, 13:01
What weather??? You want the North Korea real bad in Russia, don't you, suggesting an invasion into a sovereign state? It would be even worse than the North Korea, even the North Korea respects borders of other states.

What's the matter? only western governments and media can speculate?

Russian Lad
13-08-2014, 13:07
So, you reckon this convoy is about Putinus Prime on his way to destroy the Ukrapticons?:confused1:

Alan65
13-08-2014, 13:13
So, you reckon this convoy is about Putinus Prime on his way to destroy the Ukrapticons?:confused1:

Being a seasoned trucker, surely these trucks could have been loaded in a Southern city, distribution area etc without the need to drive 3 days from Moscow.

But then again it would not be in the news for 3 - 4 days, perhaps Putin missed a real trick here, the trucks should have been loaded in Vladivostok and then driven the length of the country for about 30 days, or they could have even followed the Olympic torch route. ...a bag or two of grain into space to help the residents of Luhansk.

Judge
13-08-2014, 13:16

Who knows what it might lead to,will the trucks be let in,will the Ukraine army meet them at the border? we will see..
Some believe this is a reason for Russia to officially
'humanitarian mission' move into east Ukraine..where will the trucks stop, could go all the way down to Crimea..
It sure beats building a bridge to Crimea, save a few billion...Don't you think?

Russian Lad
13-08-2014, 13:25
It sure beats building a bridge to Crimea, save a few billion...Don't you think?

Sure. It is about time the whole world is made Russia, so many inconveniences and unnecessary expenditures otherwise.

Judge
13-08-2014, 13:32
Sure. It is about time the whole world is made Russia, so many inconveniences and unnecessary expenditures otherwise.
I wouldn't go that far,it's not good for eveyone if one country controls all...

FatAndy
13-08-2014, 13:38
Being a seasoned trucker, surely these trucks could have been loaded in a Southern city, distribution area etc without the need to drive 3 days from Moscow.
Moscow is just biggest logistic and warehousing centre. :verycool:

Alan65
13-08-2014, 13:41
Moscow is just biggest logistic and warehousing centre. :verycool:

The grain probably came from Ukraine initially :D

FatAndy
13-08-2014, 13:50
The grain probably came from Ukraine initially :D
Everything may happen. Anyway we've paid for it. We always pay, in contrary with...

Alan65
13-08-2014, 13:51
Everything may happen. Anyway we've paid for it. We always pay, in contrary with...

Have you paid for Crimea yet?

Uncle Wally
13-08-2014, 13:55

Russia paid for Crimea a long time ago with the blood of her sons.

okiey
13-08-2014, 13:59
They are paying for it through humanitarian aid.

FatAndy
13-08-2014, 14:02
Yes, dear friend. And some time UK and France will pay for Sevastopol bombings. Because we also always raise debts. ;)

Meanwhile Ukrojunta minister Avakov has claimed that he won't allow the convoy to cross the border at Har'kov region of Ukraine.
http://top.rbc.ru/politics/13/08/2014/942623.shtml

It seems to me the convoy will cross the border at DNR/LNR responsibility zone.

To assure right/proper addressing, I'd say. ;)

Uncle Wally
13-08-2014, 14:16

But then again it would not be in the news for 3 - 4 days, perhaps Putin missed a real trick here, the trucks should have been loaded in Vladivostok and then driven the length of the country for about 30 days, or they could have even followed the Olympic torch route. ...a bag or two of grain into space to help the residents of Luhansk.

Who is putting it in the news? The west with all their bull. Look if we are to believe the older reports of Moscow sending in tanks and rockets, men without anyone seeing why would they need to disguise any invasion.

http://news.yahoo.com/russias-border-ukraine-fighters-military-gear-move-freely-052550936--sector.html

This too is a joke, the US blames Russia for setting up a training camp? Yeah they wouldn't want any of their nazi friends to get hurt.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/ukraine-s-right-sector-pledges-revenge-after-12-die-in-ambush/505045.html

Oh those poor little "nationalist" got killed I bet Biden will be on TV mourning their loss. Your supporting nazi Alan65.

Russian Lad
13-08-2014, 14:42
It seems to me the convoy will cross the border at DNR/LNR responsibility zone.

To assure right/proper addressing, I'd say.

NATO stated two days ago that any access of the convoy unauthorized by the Ukrainians will be regarded as invasion. I cannot imagine them authorizing access via the route you have mentioned.
In fact, I will be happy if they do this though, for my own reasons, because it will mean even broader sectoral sanctions, this time Level Four. Wonder how many children of the Russian elite will be sent home from the West, how many more personal fortunes will be frozen in Western banks, how much more expensive and scarce Western products will become here in Russia. So, I share your enthusiasm fully.

FatAndy
13-08-2014, 14:52
NATO stated two days ago that any access of the convoy unauthorized by the Ukrainians will be regarded as invasion.
It is their own internal issues. :)

http://www.ukrinform.ua/rus/news/sovbez_ne_znaet_gde_seychas_gumanitarniy_konvoy_putina_1657358 - Ukrojunta doesn't know where is the convoy...

...but some of them guess... Har'kov region administration says, the route has been changed and will go via Rostov region of RF ;) http://www.ukrinform.ua/rus/news/rossiya_vnezapno_izmenila_kurs_konvoya_v_ukrainu_1657366

Judge
15-08-2014, 12:54
Looks like the convoy will soon be let in ....

Ukraine says its border guards are inspecting a controversial Russian aid convoy parked at the frontier.

Ukrainian officials quoted by the Interfax agency said the cargo, bound for cities in eastern Ukraine held by pro-Russian rebels, was being checked.

Ukraine fears the convoy may carry military supplies for the rebels, an accusation Russia has rejected.

On Thursday, two reporters said they saw Russian army vehicles heading into Ukraine, into rebel-held territory.

Russia's government has consistently denied directly arming or training the rebels, who sparked the conflict in April when they took control of several cities in eastern Ukraine.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-28802849

The conflict, which has claimed more than 2,000 lives, has intensified in recent weeks.

On Thursday, there was heavy shelling in the rebel stronghold cities of Donetsk and Luhansk.

FatAndy
15-08-2014, 13:28
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/15/us-ukraine-crisis-convoy-idUSKBN0GF0D020140815

http://top.rbc.ru/politics/15/08/2014/943097.shtml
41 Ukrainian border guards and 18 customs officers at the job - started around 11:00

Judge
15-08-2014, 13:41
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/15/us-ukraine-crisis-convoy-idUSKBN0GF0D020140815

http://top.rbc.ru/politics/15/08/2014/943097.shtml
41 Ukrainian border guards and 18 customs officers at the job - started around 11:00
Hopefully the much needed aid(from both sides) will reach the citizens of Luhansk and Donetsk.

robertmf
15-08-2014, 15:20
Hopefully the much needed aid(from both sides) will reach the citizens of Luhansk and Donetsk.

The convoy carries salt and water :ninja:

:tgif: