PDA

View Full Version : EXXON and the sanctions...

Benedikt
10-08-2014, 19:42
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/exxon-starts-drilling-for-oil-in-russian-arctic/504847.html

ah, I forgot, oil and gas are excluded form the sanctions.
and so are imports from Belarus
from New Zealand
from Switzerland
from Norway,Island..
from Israel,
from Turkey,

and,and,and...

Carl
10-08-2014, 23:15

Russian Lad
10-08-2014, 23:54
EXXON and the sanctions...

The initial contract was concluded before the sanctions, the explorations will take 1-2 years, maybe nothing is even found there - in the Karskoye Sea. If they decide to organize the industrial drilling later on, the sanctions may kick in at this stage. The first oil and gas to come out of it, if ever - in 4-5 years.
So, right now they have brought in an old Norway rig built in the eighties to just explore - drilling for oil is not like cooking a dinner, Ben, it doesn't happen quick, and quite often the exploration of new places never blossoms into the industrial drilling.
Maybe you should be starting threads on the subjects you know something about, I am really interested in learning about the cuisine around the world, especially in Europe, - since the European food will be gone from Russia soon, I would like to at least be able to read about good food, that's where you can help.

Benedikt
11-08-2014, 01:32
I don't smoke, but I also know what cigarettes are or do....
I don't drink french champagne and know how it tastes or how it is made...
and why should European food disappear from Russian tables and restaurants? I posted from how many countries Russia can and will get food. and if it means Belarus Oysters and Brie and Camembert, so it will be.
In my opinion it is guys like you who see everything only bad about Russia, have nothing good to say and have a negative attitude all the time.

Russian Lad
11-08-2014, 06:41
In my opinion it is guys like you who see everything only bad about Russia, have nothing good to say and have a negative attitude all the time.

Not just me who is unhappy, there is a very long list of countries... In fact, only 12 countries fully support the Russian foreign policy, as the voting on the Crimea revealed - Nicaragua, Zimbabwe, the North Korea and the like.
Why should I be happy seeing my country being pushed to the imminent catastrophe? I am not an idiot.

Rammstein - Mein Herz Brennt - YouTube

Benedikt
11-08-2014, 09:06
[QUOTE=Russian Lad;1336557]Not just me who is unhappy, there is a very long list of countries... In fact, only 12 countries fully support the Russian foreign policy, as the voting on the Crimea revealed - Nicaragua, Zimbabwe, the North Korea and the like.
Why should I be happy seeing my country being pushed to the imminent catastrophe? I am not an idiot.

and Rammstein for sure don't have the answer either.
the post is not meant particular at you but in general....
start something!PROUD to be Russian! Support the local community!Buy local products!And not around every corner I hear -we have all imported-.
-Don't worry, all our equipment is fully imported-.
A little example from my kitchens. if / when everything is ok it is -us- we done it. Something goes wrong or not according to plan, well -you are the Chef, you are responsible, you fix it-. For me it is tha easy. I am a Chef since many years and ALWAYS have a plan.OK, we do it THAT way, because I am the Chef and because I say so. YOU (my cooks) only want authority but no responsibility. Does not work that way. And this is the same in -Russia-.-You- only want authority but no responsibility. But something goes wrong you moan and complain. So, get the authority and DO something.
Russia still has the mentality, well the- TSAR- in the Kremlin will take care of it and us and all will be ok.Well he does fix things, but from the looks of it, his way. Good or bad? I have my own opinion about it.For me it would be easy to say, well, stuff it, I go back to Austria, or South Africa or even Indonesia ( I still have aquaintences there and would be welcome) and thank god since a long time I have not heard that -go back where you come from- because my views are known what I think about Austria.I like it here, but I am also slowly tired how people only run down their country. And I am not talking about the Kremlin. Very few people i have seen or spoken to have told me they are PROUD to be Russian ( I am not talking about the clowns who get drunk on -dissannik day- in Gorky Park and beat up the melon sellers).The cccp is gone well over 20 years. but every time something NEEDS to be done it needs the -kulak- from the Kremlin. You want it that way? well live with it or do something about it. does not mean to go out into the streets and burn and loot and shoot and smash windows. rabble rousers Russia don't need. but people who know and care about something and are prepared to do something about it. it must start at grass roots. and that includes politicians. not everyone is corrupt...
and I am sick of hearing all the time, =why me=? =I am one only,what can I do=? excuses only, that's what I hear.
So, let the Tsar rule you as it was in Russia for hundreds of years, keep quiet, and be happy....

Russian Lad
11-08-2014, 09:22
You want it that way? well live with it or do something about it. does not mean to go out into the streets and burn and loot and shoot and smash windows. rabble rousers Russia don't need. but people who know and care about something and are prepared to do something about it. it must start at grass roots. and that includes politicians. not everyone is corrupt...
and I am sick of hearing all the time, =why me=? =I am one only,what can I do=? excuses only, that's what I hear.
So, let the Tsar rule you as it was in Russia for hundreds of years, keep quiet, and be happy....

Who told you I am not doing something?:) You don't really know what I might be doing or not doing, so your assumption that I am not doing anything is offensive. Even my posting my opinions here is actually "doing something" - first was the word.
Rabble and burning - it is temporary - Kiev downtown has been mostly freed from the garbage and barricades, traffic has been restored.
As to the Russians proud to be Russian - most of them are immensely proud at the moment, not sure what you mean. My point is they are proud for a wrong reason though.

Benedikt
11-08-2014, 09:29
Who told you I am not doing something?:) You don't really know what I might be doing or not doing, so your assumption that I am not doing anything is offensive. Even my posting my opinions here is actually "doing something" - first was the word.
Rabble and burning - it is temporary - Kiev downtown has been mostly freed from the garbage and barricades, traffic has been restored.
As to the Russians proud to be Russian - most of them are immensely proud at the moment, not sure what you mean. My point is they are proud for a wrong reason though.

my post was not about you in particular. indeed I don't know who you are or what you do. on the net one can be anything if one wants to.
And -rubble and burning- it was also not about Kiev in particular. they cleaning on one end, at the other they put up barricades again.
Russians are -proud- when it suits them, and for the rest, you read it here more often than not, the grass is always greener on the other side.