PDA

View Full Version : New visa regulations coming in February???

flowergrl07
28-01-2008, 21:47
Has anyone heard about new regulations that are about to be revealed in February of '08? My work permit renewal is on hold because my employers are anxiously awaiting the release of these new regulations.

Just curious. Any information would be great to help us prepare for this upcoming transition.

Flowergirl in Yaroslavl

Bels
28-01-2008, 21:52
Has anyone heard about new regulations that are about to be revealed in February of '08? My work permit renewal is on hold because my employers are anxiously awaiting the release of these new regulations.

Just curious. Any information would be great to help us prepare for this upcoming transition.

Flowergirl in Yaroslavl

Oh! Not again please! Haven't we had enough already. If I hadn't just got my residency I'd have had enough of it and I would be joining the British Council as in going back to :uk:

thewanderer
31-01-2008, 19:15
Sorry to not be able to really add anything new on this one, but I have also heard rumors of some changes coming "soon." It had something to do with one year humanitarian/religious worker visas being removed from the 90/180 part of the law, and maybe a change in work visas as well.

All very vague, and came through "a friend of a friend of a friend," that sort of thing. Would be interested to know more if anyone hears anything.

ezik
31-01-2008, 19:40
Interesting to keep this in focus.

Bels
31-01-2008, 20:02
Sorry to not be able to really add anything new on this one, but I have also heard rumors of some changes coming "soon." It had something to do with one year humanitarian/religious worker visas being removed from the 90/180 part of the law, and maybe a change in work visas as well.

All very vague, and came through "a friend of a friend of a friend," that sort of thing. Would be interested to know more if anyone hears anything.

The only new thing that you have added is confirmation that something is going on, now we need something concrete, Has guest seen anything written about this for example?

31-01-2008, 20:09
Has guest seen anything written about this?

Yes.

Bels
31-01-2008, 20:20
Then go ahead Guest, tell us what you know.

vs51
31-01-2008, 21:07
www.bbj.hu :: Welcome to Russia? New visa regulations (http://www.bbj.hu/news/news_35375.html)

ezik
31-01-2008, 21:24
www.bbj.hu :: Welcome to Russia? New visa regulations (http://www.bbj.hu/news/news_35375.html)

Good one, but it reflects no positive changes.

Bels
31-01-2008, 21:31
It had the feeling of positive chanes, but nothing different from what I experienced in London. But for those who had to wait longer such as three days etc in other countries such as Finland. tI appears to be a start. Apart from that what has been written I can't see any changes.. Very vague!!

But thankyou for the most useful post so far, is there anything more.

flowergrl07
04-02-2008, 00:40
The people looking into my work permit still haven't heard anything about the new changes so I'm getting a tad bit anxious. For some reason in my 3rd year here I'm still not clear as to what the difference is between "visa" and "work permit" and the fact that since I have been under a work permit the new 180/90 laws didn't effect me.

So if I'm here on a work permit, does that stand valid in place of a visa? Is it either/or? I am the only foreigner where I work and nothing...literally nothing is explained to me about my situation.

I am confident though that the lady in the business that will be soon inviting me has strong connections and good advice from people. So them telling her to wait on it all was solid advice. So we'll wait. And I'll learn to be more patient in the process.

Maxim
04-02-2008, 22:52
So if I'm here on a work permit, does that stand valid in place of a visa? Is it either/or? I am the only foreigner where I work and nothing...literally nothing is explained to me about my situation.
There are different issues.
1st there is a document for boundary intersection. It can be a visa or Вид на жительство ONLY (as far as I know).
2nd is migration control and other regulations INSIDE Russia. Work permit, Уведомление о временном пребывании, РВП and other things.

They are connected with each other but serve different purposes.

hamski
15-02-2008, 13:23
Just bumping the thread to see if there's any news? I work for a charity, so this could be great news for us!

Somehow doubt that anything'll be done before the exchange of pow... whoops, I mean elections.

:rolleyes: