PDA

View Full Version : New and looking for things to do and bagpipes

crachan
27-01-2008, 20:18
Hi, Im living in moscow and working here - where on earth do i go to meet people - i'm single so meeting a woman would be good. Also does anyone play bagpipes / drums and want to get together

myself
01-02-2008, 13:10
For a start go to Tverskaya, there're lots of bars along the street

Isokl
01-02-2008, 17:16
Tverskaya is really full of bars, cafes, restaurants...and hookers :)
Go to Scandinavia.... lots of foreign people there... nice place, friendly atmosphere....

Penelope
01-02-2008, 17:24
Welcome, Crachan!

On Fridays (and sometimes other days of the week), there are usually a couple of informal gatherings of expats (usually advertised on "The site that shall not be named"). One tonight will be happening at a location I'd be willing to disclose to you in exchange for letting me see you in your kilt :devilish:

Also, there are the Wednesday night business mixers (usually advertised here).

And then there are the paintball meetings, if you're feeling a little more militant :ninja:

crachan
02-02-2008, 12:30
im not really interested in hookers though so wil steer clear of bars in tverskaya.

idont knowwhat thesite shall not be named is - so wont be looking at that mysteriousplace either....

....however thanks for the input so far! lets see what else i get :)

SalTheReturn
02-02-2008, 13:47
Welcome, Crachan!

On Fridays (and sometimes other days of the week), there are usually a couple of informal gatherings of expats (usually advertised on "The site that shall not be named"). One tonight will be happening at a location I'd be willing to disclose to you in exchange for letting me see you in your kilt :devilish:

Also, there are the Wednesday night business mixers (usually advertised here).

And then there are the paintball meetings, if you're feeling a little more militant :ninja:

i would be so curious to attend one of those meeting and it will be the first thing i will do when in moscow, in plain clothes of course

Penelope, great that you feel like suggesting those meetings...

SalTheReturn
02-02-2008, 13:49
Hi, Im living in moscow and working here - where on earth do i go to meet people - i'm single so meeting a woman would be good. Also does anyone play bagpipes / drums and want to get together

Hi, go to the english club in Tverskaya (dont remember the website), quite a few girl willing to get acquainted with native english speakers for the sake of practicing the language
and also a great place to pull