PDA

View Full Version : France vs The UK 'Sanctions'

Judge
23-07-2014, 13:34
No love lost between these two countries..

'Hypocrites!': Hollande hits back at Cameron attacking France selling warships to Russia while oligarchs seek refuge in London.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2701158/Cameron-tells-EU-countries-needs-hit-sanctions-against-Russia-banking-energy-defence.html

okiey
23-07-2014, 14:22
Money talks :)

Judge
23-07-2014, 14:30
Money talks :)

You could be right...

More than 200 licences to sell British weapons to Russia, including missile-launching equipment, are still in place despite David Cameron's claim in the Commons on Monday that the government had imposed an absolute arms embargo against the country, according to a report by a cross-party group of MPs released on Wednesday.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/23/arms-export-licences-russia-pm-embargo-report

FatAndy
23-07-2014, 14:43
Money are the most sacred objects of British gentlemen! :)

Judge
23-07-2014, 14:55
Money are the most sacred objects of British gentlemen! :)

Sure, but now it's the Russians buying the football teams...:10220:

''Money, it's a gas
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
New car, caviar, four star daydream
Think I'll buy me a football team''

Pink Floyd - Money (Music Video).avi - YouTube

FatAndy
23-07-2014, 15:07
Sure, but now it's the Russians buying the football teams...:10220:
...from British gentlemen. Correct. Russians get funny toys, British gentlemen - sacred objects. :idea:

TolkoRaz
23-07-2014, 15:33
Whilst the US of A, supported by the UK, push for further sanctions, both France & Germany do not want to see any more sanctions or an unsettled Russia. It is their backyard and they know that Russia will fight back - they do not want further issues or more instability.

It is fine for the US of A to push and prod at VVP etc as they know that they live on the other side of the Word (Thank God!) and would not be affected by any consequent turmoil in Western / Eastern Europe.

Nobbynumbnuts
23-07-2014, 16:04
Whilst the US of A, supported by the UK, push for further sanctions, both France & Germany do not want to see any more sanctions or an unsettled Russia. It is their backyard and they know that Russia will fight back - they do not want further issues or more instability........

France and Germany get a large percentage of their gas from Russia. Germany is Russia's largest trading partner, that's why. :rolleyes:

Judge
23-07-2014, 16:07
Anybody for a game of tennis....

Boris Johnson may pull out of tennis match with Russian ex-minister's wife
Lubov Chernukhin made winning bid of 160,000 at Tory fundraising auction for match with mayor and David Cameron

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/jul/23/boris-johnson-tennis-match-russian-chernukhin

TolkoRaz
23-07-2014, 16:19
France and Germany get a large percentage of their gas from Russia. Germany is Russia's largest trading partner, that's why. :rolleyes:

Merkel is East German
VVP served in East Germany
Merkel speaks good Russian
VVP speaks good German

etc................. there is a definite connection, closeness, rapport and understanding between the 2 of them.

Merkel will not be bullied by the US of A, especially after all of the recent Espionage incidents perpetrated by the US of A against her personally and against Germany.

BTW, it was the Russians who warned the German BND about the US of A espionage activity! ;)

Nobbynumbnuts
23-07-2014, 16:38
Merkel is East German
VVP speaks good German

etc................. there is a definite connection, closeness, rapport and understanding between the 2 of them........

Right, their practically lovers but it comes down to energy and jobs. Germany and France have more to loose than UK ;)

Alan65
23-07-2014, 16:39
Right, their practically lovers but it comes down to energy and jobs. Germany and France have more to loose than UK ;)

France have something to lose

rubyrussia
23-07-2014, 17:08
Merkel is East German
VVP speaks good German

etc................. there is a definite connection, closeness, rapport and understanding between the 2 of them.

Merkel will not be bullied by the US of A, especially after all of the recent Espionage incidents perpetrated by the US of A against her personally and against Germany.

BTW, it was the Russians who warned the German BND about the US of A espionage activity! ;)

I don't think Germany wants to be buddy buddy with Russia. They need your gas. The governments are oceans apart as far as their approach to politics and international affairs.

Merkel criticized the delivery of the Mistrel ships too by the way. That's something RT forgot to mention in their headline when they said UK and US criticized.

Amazing to think that just 80 years ago Germany was Nazi. I think Russia and America could learn a few things about how to have a peaceful country, productive government and economy without all the arming of and sticking noses into everyone's business at the expense of the common person.

It's funny. I love America and Americans. The same goes for Russia and Russians. I really enjoy what I do in Russia and how I lead my life.

What I can't stand is the politics... that goes for both sides.

Everytime I hear words like fascism, nationalists, neo-nazis, nazis, terrorists, freedom fighters, I want to vomit. :shame:

Stop watching the news... there is nothing objective or fair about it anyway. All you are choosing is someone's indoctrinated, slanted viewpoint.

Nobbynumbnuts
23-07-2014, 18:10
Merkel is East German
VVP speaks good German

This says it all...

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/one-in-4-german-companies-with-foreign-business-hit-by-russia-sanctions/503839.html

One in 4 German Companies With Foreign Business Hit by Russia Sanctions
The Moscow TimesJul. 21 2014 20:57
One in four German companies with business abroad has been affected by international sanctions against Russia, an official from the the German Chamber of Industry and Commerce said Monday.

Those feeling the worst fallout are companies who do business both with Russia and the U.S., the chamber's head on foreign trade, Volker Treier, told German daily Rheinische Post. The differences between U.S. and EU sanctions add to the headache for businesses, he said.

The U.S. significantly upped the stakes last Wednesday with sanctions against two major Russian banks, two energy companies, including state-owned energy giant Rosneft, and eight defense companies.

The European Union last week agreed to institute further sanctions and expanded its list of criteria for entities it can impose sanctions on. The 28-state bloc was to wait until the end of July to name the specific persons and companies on its list.

The international outrage following the crash of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 in eastern Ukraine, however, has led to calls from some EU member states to take action sooner.

Some 6,200 German firms are active in Russia with 20 billion euros ($27 billion) of investments in the country, while about 300,000 German jobs are dependent on trade with Russia, according to estimates by Germany's Committee on Eastern European Economic Relations.

German exports to Russia dropped by 14 percent to about 10 billion euros ($13.5 billion) in the first four months of the year, according to the latest data from the Statistics Office.