PDA

View Full Version : Old new American guy in Moscow

Skyview
18-07-2014, 20:01
Hi! I'm from US and looking for new friends-expats, male or female. I'm single, working in aviation business. Feel free to contact me. Curious where you spend your time after work. And I speak Russian fluently as well.

Boris

Skyview
02-08-2014, 15:38
Now looking for a job and place to stay. Any leads? Funny, but I was born here in Moscow and got US citizenship, so I'm with two passports now. Single, no kids. 12 years in airline business - commercial and later VIP Jets. Any help will be appreciated. I'll do my best in return. Boris.

Hi! I'm from US and looking for new friends-expats, male or female. I'm single, working in aviation business. Feel free to contact me. Curious where you spend your time after work. And I speak Russian fluently as well.

Boris

Judge
02-08-2014, 16:01
Hi Boris, welcome to the site.... for work you could try hh.ru

for flats, keep an eye on the flat section on this forum or try cian.ru

Periwinkle
02-08-2014, 16:18
Welcome :)

UPSisu
02-08-2014, 16:47
I also agree with Judge's recommendation for cian.ru, I've used it for 3 different apartments and good, fair experience with each time

Welcome to the community!

gopacapulco
05-08-2014, 13:46
Hello, I'm new to the forum as well. I'm from Australia and will be moving over to Moscow shortly. I look forward to making new friends, finding a place to stay, learning the language, along with other fun things that come with relocation!

Skyview
11-08-2014, 22:41
Thank you Judge! Sorry for late reply. I used hh.ru, Superjob.ru, LinkedIn (yesterday sent 95 emails to my contacts), nothing, just being denied every time. May be people don't like my dual citizenship from Russia and USA. To get a good job you need connections in company and local registration. I didn't came by working visa with US passport, so it's a problem. And room... we still need money to pay, I'm empty already. 4 moths of continuous endless process to get a job.

Skyview
11-08-2014, 22:46
Oh... almost forgot. I did apply for positions in other countries as well. I'm single and free to go anywhere. And of course indeed.com on the list.

Skyview
11-08-2014, 22:52
Or, sorry UPSisu, I thought QR goes only for one person, not for public... Thank you for advice! But... Thanks to Russia, my bank card is temporary blocked, it's from US.

Uncle Wally
12-08-2014, 01:50
Or, sorry UPSisu, I thought QR goes only for one person, not for public... Thank you for advice! But... Thanks to Russia, my bank card is temporary blocked, it's from US.

Like any 10 year old Russian couldn't help you with that. Old people jez!

Skyview
12-08-2014, 12:53
Sorry Uncle Wally, I'm not follow you. If it's about now I'm on my own and it's only my problem, yes you're right. Assistance is not listed here. Even friends said that. So, no more friends though... So, I'm filming "Terminal" Part 2" right now in SVO. Jeezz...

Uncle Wally
12-08-2014, 13:51
Sorry Uncle Wally, I'm not follow you. If it's about now I'm on my own and it's only my problem, yes you're right. Assistance is not listed here. Even friends said that. So, no more friends though... So, I'm filming "Terminal" Part 2" right now in SVO. Jeezz...

I mean any 10 year old Russian kid could just hack your bank and get you money. It was a joke. You're from the US? Go to the US embassy and they will help you. If you can't leave the airport look up their site find the phone number and call and they will tell you what to do.