PDA

View Full Version : here is -your- electricity bill

Benedikt
09-07-2014, 07:23
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/auditors-unveil-yachts-planes-and-fiddled-accounts-at-power-grid-firm/503175.html

To bad one can nod the scoundrels to Siberia anymore. And it shows if you steal and embezzle you do it big. One steals a loaf of bread because they are hungry, the sentence is 3 years. I want to see or read about a conviction in THIS case. Hardly ever, they will get promoted to a higher up position somewhere else. And new scum will step into their footsteps and do the same.

JanC
09-07-2014, 13:06
We used to work together with a large Russian bank, the **** that goes on in there you would not believe. Well you probably would considering it's a Russian bank, but still. Reality approaches the movie "Wolf of Wall Street" pretty well. They don't travel anywhere without half a dozen prostitutes in tow (each booked into a 5-star room of course)

The amount of money that "vanishes" in these places is spectacular. Ironically, it's the small amounts for simple things that are a nightmare of documents, stamps, and signatures. Getting an actual contract takes ages and everyone's pretty nervous about getting found out with irregularities in the bidding process. Even though the internal anti-fraud people are in being paid off constantly. But once you get to the people who run the place, they could not care less. Money is like water to them, and there is no paperwork for any of it. But it doesn't seem to matter. As far as I can tell the only thing they have to do every now and then is provide sponsorship to events or organisations when the powers that be tell them to. Aside from that, they are free to do whatever, it's all run by friends of friends anyway.

Benedikt
10-07-2014, 08:01
As far as I can tell the only thing they have to do every now and then is provide sponsorship to events or organisations when the powers that be tell them to. Aside from that, they are free to do whatever, it's all run by friends of friends anyway.[/QUOTE]

when VV ask for sponsorship and they have to fork over a few millions...
they for sure will not lose anything!