PDA

View Full Version : Extending Registration

tobias
25-01-2008, 15:32
I'm happy to say I've succussfully handed in my application and all documents after a bit of back and forth with the folks at the OVIR. They told me I can pick up a Spravka next week, and start the six month wait.

This information might be useful for someone, though keep in mind I live in Krasnodar. When I first presented them with all the documents and medical tests, they wanted us to change my wife's maiden name on the ownership certificate for her flat. Which I'm told is difficult and takes time. After confirming it wasn't necessary with a couple of lawyer friends, we argued our way out of it. The other 'officials' in the office even agreed with us and helped us argue the point. Our 'case officer' made a phone call and confirmed it wasn't necessary.

Secondly when we were doing the applications they asked for legalized copies of my Degree, education records and a few other things I don't remember. We refused saying it wasn't necessary. There was a bit of colourful banter, they then asked if I was going to apply for citizenship, I said no, they said don't worry about the extra documents.

Hope that helps someone.

Is it possible, after successfully submitting documents and application for consideration, to extend registration on a 12 month business Visa. My registration ends next week but my Visa is good for another 6+ months. I would like to avoid leaving the country if possible.

This is a quote from another thread;
Registration: I was told that having the spravka would allow me to extend my registration until the expiration date of my visa - no leaving and returning to re-register is necessary, regardless of the (previously) 180 day or (new) 90/180 day limits. Please note: THIS IS UNCONFIRMED! We are planning on visiting the registration officials next week to confirm this information, just to be sure.

25-01-2008, 22:02
I think it is not possible. Having submitted your application (I assume it is for a residence permit) does not give any additional right to stay after the 90/180 days limit.

I send you a PM anyway right now.

I'm happy to say I've succussfully handed in my application and all documents after a bit of back and forth with the folks at the OVIR. They told me I can pick up a Spravka next week, and start the six month wait.

This information might be useful for someone, though keep in mind I live in Krasnodar. When I first presented them with all the documents and medical tests, they wanted us to change my wife's maiden name on the ownership certificate for her flat. Which I'm told is difficult and takes time. After confirming it wasn't necessary with a couple of lawyer friends, we argued our way out of it. The other 'officials' in the office even agreed with us and helped us argue the point. Our 'case officer' made a phone call and confirmed it wasn't necessary.

Secondly when we were doing the applications they asked for legalized copies of my Degree, education records and a few other things I don't remember. We refused saying it wasn't necessary. There was a bit of colourful banter, they then asked if I was going to apply for citizenship, I said no, they said don't worry about the extra documents.

Hope that helps someone.

Is it possible, after successfully submitting documents and application for consideration, to extend registration on a 12 month business Visa. My registration ends next week but my Visa is good for another 6+ months. I would like to avoid leaving the country if possible.

This is a quote from another thread;
Registration: I was told that having the spravka would allow me to extend my registration until the expiration date of my visa - no leaving and returning to re-register is necessary, regardless of the (previously) 180 day or (new) 90/180 day limits. Please note: THIS IS UNCONFIRMED! We are planning on visiting the registration officials next week to confirm this information, just to be sure.

raydg
29-01-2008, 04:44
From what I was told by the Consulate in Seattle, there is no extension and that I should apply for a 90 day visa as I can get a visa from a country close to Moscow.

tobias
04-02-2008, 15:46
Keep in mind there's a six month wait for TRV's.

Maxim
04-02-2008, 17:46
Registration: I was told that having the spravka would allow me to extend my registration until the expiration date of my visa - no leaving and returning to re-register is necessary, regardless of the (previously) 180 day or (new) 90/180 day limits. [/B]
It is true for non-visa countries such as Ukraine, Moldova etc.