PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about the latest tendencies in the world politics!

Punch
07-08-2003, 15:09
What do you think about the latest blast in Bagdad? Will it affect the mass pro-Saddam sentiments among the population of Jordan? :cool:

Ladies and Gentlemen, I think this topic it sufficiently polite for this folder of high moral standards? ;)

polly
07-08-2003, 16:10
sorry
off topic
trends, not tendencies

thanks, i'll shut up now

moscowmail
07-08-2003, 17:17
I am shocked Punchy old chap, very civil of you, I wished I had an opinion to support your topic...but I ain't sorry :cool:

neilmcg
07-08-2003, 17:18
I think this is a topic which may have polite beginnings, but is liable to end impolitely? :) But well, let's give it a go...

Punch
07-08-2003, 17:34
The attitude of the Jordan's ruling elite is opposite to that of the Jordan people which is extremely anti-American. So I think no blasts can change that. :) Simple.

moscowmail
07-08-2003, 18:43
Good point.... I think....

I am but a mere simpleton, all I know is behind most acts of terrorism the cause is lost and used for PR gains, lets take Belfast as an example:

I once asked the Minister for defense at the time, Michael Heseltine, why not sort N.I. out, the 'players' are all known, it wouldn’t be difficult to sort out. His answer:

"Don't be so naive, where else can we send our troops for active service, great training under pressure and lose less than we do on training exercises in Germany?" "It is a cheap and acceptable loss in statistics (hmm, he meant human lives) for our country"

Hmm, who are the terrorists? I vote they are the governments of all our countries

Cretin Crusher
07-08-2003, 19:28
The problem is overpopulation. There are more and more people at the bottom, competing for what they just cannot get by work, so they turn to terrorism (and crime) out of frustration. The answer is - people should be forced to get reproduction licences before having children. These licences should be granted only for a certain number of children, and only to parents who are genetically fit. Any children conceived by unlicenced parents - boom - abortion or jail for the mother, and jail for the father. Do it more than once - neuter the father and spay the mother. No excuses based on some religion that preaches uncontrolled reproduction, or love, or anything else. Doesn't matter if the parents have millions - no one can bring up 10 children (or father 50, like bin Laden's dad did). Also, abortions should be legal up to the first year after birth - we put down unwanted kittens and puppies - should be the same for our own species.

Move this one to Bardak as you see fit, but at least we'll get some discussion here (or there) ;).

geneven
08-08-2003, 00:53
So, we get to vote on who terrorists are? People carrying bombs into crowds aren't terrorists, governments are?

Anouk
08-08-2003, 14:36
I think there was maybe more than simple Islamic extremism - granted Jordan has close links with the west, and an uneasy peace with Isreal, but there has been talk of the blast being carried out by former members of the Iraqi regime. Jordan was a big trading partner with Saddam's Iraq, and it is now thought that the Jordanians are not letting the old regime access to their money. Plus there may also be resentment, because Saddam's daughters have been given asylum by Jordan.