22-06-2014, 20:20
Overnight, there seems to be change in the Russo-phobic Western media:

From Yahoo, which entertains low-information people, a pro-Putin headline:

"Russia's Putin calls for compromise in Ukraine"

and

"Report: Polish minister says US ties worthless"

Reuters:

"Fighting strains Ukraine ceasefire, Putin urges dialogue"

More importantly, a few in the media have finally given credibility to the importance of dialogue with the people who actually reside, live and work in East Ukraine:

"Vladimir Putin Calls for 'Substantial Dialogue' Between Ukraine's Warring Sides"

Do I detect the beginnings of a seismic shift? The media are a herd of cattle. First they are all stampeding in one direction, then, one steer will turn around, the rest of the herd follows, and they stampede in the other direction.

Benedikt
22-06-2014, 20:43
[QUOTE=Fantastika;1320606]Overnight, there seems to be change in the Russo-phobic Western media:

and the media will fall over each other to write -positive- headlines.
Russia's Gazprom and Austria's OMV will sign a billion Euro deal and the Austrians will build/finish building/taking over construction on the South Stream pipeline that is now on halt...
The Americans are worried now that ISIS will be taking over Irak, they captured 2 more strategic towns. They can not afford now to affront VV even more.
Summer will be over soon and it will be cold again. The EU wants to be assured that the gas will be flowing.
http://orf.at/stories/2235015/2235014/
Poroshenko also has done a turnaround, there will be talks now.
And the 2 most influential EU leaders, Frau Merkel and Monsieur Hollande also had phonecalls with VV.
They have seen one can not pi**8 against the wind, gets only the pants wet. and the Americans are empty talk and promises that they can not or have no intentions to keep.
Obanas ratings are at an all time low, can't get much lower. In Europe/Russian politics he is irrelevant, and so are a few others.

TolkoRaz
22-06-2014, 20:56

and

Reuters:

More importantly, a few in the media have finally given credibility to the importance of dialogue with the people who actually reside, live and work in East Ukraine:

"Vladimir Putin Calls for 'Substantial Dialogue' Between Ukraine's Warring Sides"

Do I detect the beginnings of a seismic shift? The media are a herd of cattle. First they are all stampeding in one direction, then, one steer will turn around, the rest of the herd follows, and they stampede in the other direction.

Will Biden or Kerry visit the East instead of only wining & dining in Kyiv? ;)

TolkoRaz
22-06-2014, 20:57
[QUOTE=Fantastika;1320606]Overnight, there seems to be change in the Russo-phobic Western media:

Obanas ratings are at an all time low, can't get much lower..

:D

Benedikt
22-06-2014, 21:05
Will Biden or Kerry visit the East instead of only wining & dining in Kyiv? ;)

the young Biden that is...

Fantastika
22-06-2014, 21:10
Media stampedes through the neighborhood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bVQ51fkJXc

Delivering the "news"? (dropping Cow-pies).

On their way to the Federation of News-Cows convention. Moo! Moo!

Russian Lad
22-06-2014, 21:36
Do I detect the beginnings of a seismic shift?

You are beginning to see only what you want to see. There will be no dialogue with the terrorists themselves, it is clear to anyone who understand even a tiny bit about the Ukrainian crisis (you don't seem to be such a person, you would fit more on some American forum with your axe to grind against Obama and zero understanding of the situation in Ukraine), with the local elites - maybe, I would even say for sure. Other than that, the border is almost sealed and the ring tightens relentlessly - in fact, two rings around two different major areas. It will be over within a couple of months, maybe sooner, if there is no invasion.

rusmeister
22-06-2014, 21:38
I noticed it, too, F, and thought it odd myself.

The whole point of the media is the plutocracy that owns it supplies us with the info that is not so important, so that we are eternally distracted from what IS important.

Fantastika
22-06-2014, 21:53
You are beginning to see only what you want to see. There will be no dialogue with the terrorists themselves, it is clear to anyone who understand even a tiny bit about the Ukrainian crisis (you don't seem to be such a person, you would fit more on some American forum with your axe to grind against Obama and zero understanding of the situation in Ukraine), with the local elites - maybe, I would even say for sure. Other than that, the border is almost sealed and the ring tightens relentlessly - in fact, two rings around two different major areas. It will be over within a couple of months, maybe sooner, if there is no invasion.

This happened during the US-Vietnam War - one month the news-cattle were mooing, "We support our glorious US troops in the Worldwide struggle against Godless Communism" then the next month they were squalling "US out of Vietnam" and "Give Peace a Chance!" (The news-cattle being startled into a stampede by 400,000 hippies marching through Washington).

Russian Lad
22-06-2014, 21:58
This happened during the US-Vietnam War - one month the news-cattle were mooing, "We support our glorious US troops in the Worldwide struggle against Godless Communism" then the next month they were squalling "US out of Vietnam" and "Give Peace a Chance!" (The news-cattle being startled into a stampede by 400,000 hippies marching through Washington).

Good. I hope against all hope it will happen to the Russian so-called media (though in fact they are nothing but the propaganda megaphone) soon and the madness will be stopped.

TolkoRaz
22-06-2014, 22:13
Good. I hope against all hope it will happen to the Russian so-called media (though in fact they are nothing but the propaganda megaphone) soon and the madness will be stopped.

RusskiLad, Perhaps you would like to lead the charge! ;)

Russian Lad
22-06-2014, 22:15
RusskiLad, Perhaps you would like to lead the charge!

What charge will it be?:) I guess it suffices that I monitor this miserable sh;t and comment on it.:) What is the pay, anyway, if you want me to assume my ultimate form? And where is Okiey with my 5K rubles? Hope he didn't join the opolchentsi and didn't die with my money.

Fantastika
22-06-2014, 22:23
I noticed it, too, F, and thought it odd myself.

The whole point of the media is the plutocracy that owns it supplies us with the info that is not so important, so that we are eternally distracted from what IS important.

It may be similar to what happened in Vietnam - majority sentiment was behind the US government's action in 'Nam, but the universities and colleges were centers of opposition. Then, on May 4, 1970, four student-demonstrators were killed by US army troops at Kent State university in Ohio, and the next day, 2-3 more at Jackson State in Mississippi. The remainder of the semester at most US universities and colleges was canceled, students returned home to their families, and sentiment shifted against continuing the Vietnam War among most Americans.

It was because the US Government had done something very immoral - shoot its own people - shoot other Americans - that Americans concluded "our side" was wrong. We had been a moral people, fighting against Godless communism, but even in the pursuit of the lofty goal of "stopping communism" it still was not moral to kill your own people.

When/If the Western media reveals the carnage in Lugansk and Sloviansk, instead of censoring such news, majority opinion will likewise flip to the more "moral" side; Kiev-Ukrainians bombing Eastern-Ukrainians is very immoral.

Russian Lad
22-06-2014, 22:28
The current anti-terrorist operation chart, the red line on the border is the part of the border that is not sealed yet and not cleaned from the terrorists.

Fantastika
22-06-2014, 22:47
The current anti-terrorist operation chart, the red line on the border is the part of the border that is not sealed yet and not cleaned from the terrorists.

Did somebody shoot your dog? Your girlfriend walked out the door? Your bicycle got stolen? What?

Russian Lad
22-06-2014, 22:50
Did somebody shoot your dog? Your girlfriend walked out the door? Your bicycle got stolen? What?

??? I doubt any of those three possible events in my private life produced this chart, let alone the situation that this chart reflects. Complain to the Defence Ministry of Ukraine if you don't like the colors or the fonts are too small.

Fantastika
22-06-2014, 22:57
??? I doubt any of those three possible events in my private life produced this chart, let alone the situation that this chart reflects. Complain to the Defence Ministry of Ukraine if you don't like the colors or the fonts are too small.

I didn't look at it, well, I did look at the small print, it says "Produced by the Ukrainian Ministry of Propaganda."

Looks like one of those German army charts that shows the Christian Nazi's marching with their crosses to Stalingrad.

Russian Lad
22-06-2014, 22:59
Looks like one of those German army charts that shows the Nazi's marching to Stalingrad.

Why is that? They are marching on their own territory. Strelkov's revelations confirm this chart, so I believe it to be rather accurate.

Fantastika
22-06-2014, 23:01
Why is that? They are marching on their own territory.

I'm having a hilarious time, and you're serious.

I asked if someone shot your dog, because you seemed depressed.

I'm gonna go shopping...ciao!

Russian Lad
22-06-2014, 23:03
I'm having a hilarious time, and you're serious.

I asked if someone shot your dog, because you seemed depressed.

I'm gonna go shopping...ciao!

Well, I am only half-serious. Don't make me assume my ultimate form.

TolkoRaz
22-06-2014, 23:29

Do you think they can defeat the separatists by firing by BIG RED arrows at them? ;)

Russian Lad
22-06-2014, 23:42
Do you think they can defeat the separatists by firing by BIG RED arrows at them?

We will see. Their field commanders don't seem to share your optimism and seem to be afraid of these BIG RED arrows pointing at them.

Fantastika
23-06-2014, 04:59
...it suffices that I monitor this miserable sh;t
if you want me to assume my ultimate form? And where is Okiey with my 5K rubles? Hope he didn't join the opolchentsi and didn't die with my money.
Well, I am only half-serious. Don't make me assume my ultimate form.

Your "ultimate form"? What is that?

And why are you monitoring this "miserable sh;t" forum?

Russian Lad
23-06-2014, 07:24
And why are you monitoring this "miserable sh;t" forum?

I didn't mean the forum.

Your "ultimate form"? What is that?

You are better off not knowing it. Меньше знаешь, крепче спишь.:)

bydand
23-06-2014, 08:51
The remainder of the semester at most US universities and colleges was canceled, students returned home to their families,...

Another Fantastik prevarication.:Loco:

Fantastika
23-06-2014, 09:40
Another Fantastik prevarication.

Wow, I didn't know Democrats could use 5-syllable words.

Fantastika
23-06-2014, 09:55
I didn't mean the forum.

You are better off not knowing it. Меньше знаешь, крепче спишь.:)

I'll repeat the questions:

1. Your "ultimate form"? What is that?
2. And why are you monitoring this "miserable sh;t"? (Not this forum? Well, what "sh;t" are you monitoring?)

Меньше знаешь, крепче спишь? "Curiosity killed the cat?" You are dangerous guy?

Russian Lad
23-06-2014, 10:49

2. And why are you monitoring this "miserable sh;t"? (Not this forum? Well, what "sh;t" are you monitoring?)

Меньше знаешь, крепче спишь? "Curiosity killed the cat?" You are dangerous guy?

Sorry, my daily time limit for talking with American juveniles is up.:) Gotta go make some money.

Fantastika
23-06-2014, 10:53
Sorry, my daily time limit for talking with American juveniles is up.:) Gotta go make some money.

FatAndy
23-06-2014, 12:57
:emote_popcorn:

rumple_stilskin
23-06-2014, 13:12
No, it's not that at all.

They try to maximise their brainwashing. If they think they can sway public opinion to their evil goals, they will push for it.

When they start telling the truth it just means they have given up as the required goal is now futile and hopeless. If they keep pushing when 90% of people are already sure they know the truth then they lose credibility.(that they never deserved in the frst place)

Its interesting the articles on CNN, one recently had a headline commenting "we are running out of places to screw up" referencing Libya, Iraq, afghanistan etc etc not to mention the Ukraine. CNN would still be running pro-bring democracy to the middle east articles if they thought the public would be influenced.

ISIS did a nice bank heist, they got $465 Million from a bank in Mosul, can you believe it? A world record?

and

Reuters:

bydand
23-06-2014, 14:07
Wow, I didn't know Democrats could use 5-syllable words.:12115:

Wrong again.

I'm neither Democrat or Republican.
I was in Uni when Kent State happened, I remember.

Were you even alive?

bydand
23-06-2014, 21:41
Fantastika,
Either you are ignorant, or a liar, or both, like the media you so wantonly chastise.
Quit being a hypocrite. Your credulity might improve; though I doubt it.

Fantastika
24-06-2014, 03:00
Fantastika,
Either you are ignorant, or a liar, or both, like the media you so wantonly chastise.
Quit being a hypocrite. Your credulity might improve; though I doubt it.

You went to the university? or to the универмарк? Did you skip Logic 101?

Just wondering where you got the idea that name-calling is a surefire method to win a discussion.

Hey, you could start a new forum - "Expat-name-calling.ru"

"Wantonly"? (Lewd? Luxuriantly rank?)

Fantastika
24-06-2014, 03:09
:12115:

Wrong again.

I'm neither Democrat or Republican.
I was in Uni when Kent State happened, I remember.

Were you even alive?

I was simply giving an historical account of the 1970 event at Kent State, and how that single event precipitated a seismic shift in the American public's perception of the Vietnam War. It was a turning point, a linchpin.

And you said my comment was a "prevarication" (a lie?) What was I wrong about in my re-telling of Kent State? I don't understand your point.

Fantastika
24-06-2014, 07:00
No, it's not that at all.

ISIS did a nice bank heist, they got $465 Million from a bank in Mosul, can you believe it? A world record?

Mosul is big city, 2 million? They have many banks, so the cretins probably got a few million at each bank as they swept through the city. Baghdad can declare those banknotes, that series, non-negotiable, and then print a new series, that's what I would do...

Guinness world record...

bydand
24-06-2014, 07:20
I was simply giving an historical account of the 1970 event at Kent State, and how that single event precipitated a seismic shift in the American public's perception of the Vietnam War. It was a turning point, a linchpin.

And you said my comment was a "prevarication" (a lie?) What was I wrong about in my re-telling of Kent State? I don't understand your point.

Originally Posted by Fantastika View Post
The remainder of the semester at most US universities and colleges was canceled, students returned home to their families,...

Russian Lad
24-06-2014, 07:43
Bydand, don't forget, it is the payday at our NGO today. My Bentley is on an upgrade maintenance today (I have decided to decorate the interior with diamonds for a fresher look and feel), will you give me a ride in your new Mercedes S65 AMG? How is that new cheap version running for you, all ok?

Fantastika
24-06-2014, 08:25
Bydand, don't forget, it is the payday at our NGO today?

Bydand isn't there. His keyboard got up and ran away, halfway through his latest insult.

bydand
25-06-2014, 02:25
Bydand isn't there. His keyboard got up and ran away, halfway through his latest insult.

No, I'm not there, I'm here, no matter where I go; I'll always be here. Sorry if I insulted you Fantastika, but really, you are ubelievable. You spout too many unrtuths, not unlike the media you (I assume) despise.

My keyboard didn't go anywhere I didn't put it.

RL! What new cheap version? You have a Bentley?

Russian Lad
25-06-2014, 02:35

Yeah, according to Fantastika, you and I, we are working for an enemy NGO and post here for money. Sorry, bro, she cornered me with facts and I had to admit it. How is your new Mercedes? We probably need to ask for a raise, 500 measly dollars for a post here, whom do they think we are, some beggars?
I sort of like your new car, it is cheap and reliable. I could not resist it and filmed you yesterday when you were driving to the American embassy for further instructions regarding posting here, I was in my Bentley as usual:
– 2014 Mercedes S 65 AMG - First Driving - YouTube

Fantastika
25-06-2014, 07:36
No, I'm not there, I'm here, no matter where I go; I'll always be here. Sorry if I insulted you Fantastika, but really, you are ubelievable. You spout too many unrtuths, not unlike the media you (I assume) despise.

My keyboard didn't go anywhere I didn't put it.

Well, wherever you are, I can't get there from here. But at least I can continue to "spout" "ubelievable" "unrtuths" which is a double negative? Which, in English, not Pig Latin, implies you do believe in my "ultimate form".

Are you attending Summer School? Looks like someone is repeating Spellchecker 101.

RL has a Land Cruiser Toyota Caballito, not a Rolls. If he runs out of oats, there's a back-up Puch mini-scooter, which he rides wearing his pointy pair of cowboy boots, and hair hanging down to his ankles.

Lemme hear a big Amen!

Amen!

Lemme hear a big Hosanna!

Hosanna!

(SORRY, I know in your church you're supposed to be quite quiet.)

(SHHH!)

FatAndy
25-06-2014, 11:19

Russian Lad
25-06-2014, 11:42
But at least I can continue to "spout" "ubelievable" "unrtuths" which is a double negative? Which, in English, not Pig Latin, implies you do believe in my "ultimate form".

It looks like I need to teach you some basic English. No, it is not a double negative. A double negative would be, for instance, "He is not incompetent", i.e. it is a case where two negatives resolve to a positive. If you have a higher education (which I seriously doubt), what sh'thole did you graduate from? :ninja:

FatAndy
25-06-2014, 11:53
It looks like I need to teach you some basic English. No, it is not a double negative. A double negative would be, for instance, "He is not incompetent", i.e. it is a case where two negatives resolve to a positive. If you have a higher education (which I seriously doubt), what sh'thole did you graduate from? :ninja:
Easier, comrade...:soccer:

Russian Lad
25-06-2014, 11:59
Easier, comrade...

Well, she was wondering about my ultimate form, I need to warm up a bit before assuming it. ;):goldy:

Woman going INSANE over McNugget Rampage Security Cam - YouTube

bydand
26-06-2014, 09:31
Well, wherever you are, I can't get there from here. But at least I can continue to "spout" "ubelievable" "unrtuths" which is a double negative? Which, in English, not Pig Latin, implies you do believe in my "ultimate form".

Are you attending Summer School? Looks like someone is repeating Spellchecker 101.

Are you English challenged? The "ubelievable" and "unrtuths" were in two different sentences. Punctuation should not be ignored (unless of course it suits Fantastika's purpose).

JanC
27-06-2014, 11:27
As far as my English goes an unbelievable untruth would not really be an "illegal" double negative anyway. Not in the way that it resolves to a positive which is generally frowned upon (with a few exceptions like litotes).
It makes sense that something not true is not believable, no logical content is getting scrambled along the way. Unbelievable falsehood works fine and is essentially just a synonym for untruth. It can also be argued that stylistically it would work well to amplify the negativity in this case.

Anyway.

FatAndy
27-06-2014, 12:10

Russian Lad
27-06-2014, 12:10
Double negative inevitably resolves to a positive, unless it is a colloquial I aint' got no money, etc. In this case one of the words is an amplifier indeed.

Ghostly Presence
27-06-2014, 13:28
Well, she was wondering about my ultimate form, I need to warm up a bit before assuming it. ;):goldy:

Woman going INSANE over McNugget Rampage Security Cam - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lkIVHASh_k)

God damn it! Why don't they serve McNuggets before 10:30 a.m.!?!? I am losing it! Aaaahhhhh! Aaaahhhhhh! :)

FatAndy
27-06-2014, 13:33
Why don't they serve McNuggets before 10:30 a.m.!?!?
Once upon a time (~ 08:50 AM) I've felt a strong wish to eat a cheeseburger near Manezhka. There was "free toilet" there. But they had "breakfast menu" till 11:00 :jawdrop:.

Visit another burger venue, like BK, KFC etc. :whisper: