PDA

View Full Version : Room Renting Legalities

FruityPebbles
20-06-2014, 23:15
Is it legal in Russia to rent a room from an apartment owner (referred by a real estate agency) and NOT sign a contract? To just pay the agency, pay the landlord and do month to month?

Also for a foreigner, if I switch apartments yet are in the same city, do I need to re-register with the authorities?

Thanks in advance.

:eh:

Benedikt
21-06-2014, 05:28
Is it legal in Russia to rent a room from an apartment owner (referred by a real estate agency) and NOT sign a contract? To just pay the agency, pay the landlord and do month to month?

Also for a foreigner, if I switch apartments yet are in the same city, do I need to re-register with the authorities?

Thanks in advance.

that stipulates at least the rent than you have to pay and what else is included. also, take pictures of the whole place, furniture, carpets and the like. are there any holes in the wall or any other damages? so will not be hit with a bill that the landlord has to -re decorate the whole place- when you leave.

you move, you have to re register again, can be done via the post office with your new landlord.

jasone65
24-06-2014, 17:09
you move, you have to re register again, can be done via the post office with your new landlord.[/QUOTE]

Although in my experience, Its very rare to find a landlord willing to register you in the first place.

penka
24-06-2014, 18:00

Thanks in advance.

Don't be silly. Is it totally binding to strike the deal and NOT to draw a WRITTEN agreement? Legal - maybe and yes. Binding? Do that and you are looking for trouble. Especially, as you are a foreigner.

People do change their minds. A document remains.

FruityPebbles
24-06-2014, 19:25
Although I wasn't able to sign the contract on move-in (it was a weekend), sure enough, the real estate agency brought a contract for us to sign Monday afternoon. So I am pleased that I have everything in writing.

However, I went by the post office today and inquired about registration. They didn't know what I was talking about. How do I re-register?

Thanks.

:mml:

FatAndy
24-06-2014, 19:42
http://www.fms.gov.ru/foreign_national/pocket_guide/
http://www.fms.gov.ru/government_services/migrate/

Alex84
05-07-2014, 21:02
why not? you can always say that you are a friend of the owner