PDA

View Full Version : Which personages agree with this?

PeteD
17-06-2014, 03:57
:)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27874539

Russian Lad
17-06-2014, 04:06
How can it be otherwise, I cannot even imagine. Not sure why many of you are fond of immigrants from Islamist and African countries anyway. They don't look natural on the streets of London.:) On the other hand, of course, if you let too many Russians in you will risk a referendum and becoming a part of Russia, English language or no English language, so I would not recommend us either.:)

annasophia
17-06-2014, 10:37
I never have a problem with any nationality of people or their language from any country.

I sometimes have a problem with the bad attitude that they have carried along with them. In any language.

natlee
17-06-2014, 10:49
I never have a problem with any nationality of people or their language from any country.

I sometimes have a problem with the bad attitude that they have carried along with them. In any language. :thumbsup:

tonytony
17-06-2014, 12:32
How can it be otherwise, I cannot even imagine. Not sure why many of you are fond of immigrants from Islamist and African countries anyway. They don't look natural on the streets of London.:) On the other hand, of course, if you let too many Russians in you will risk a referendum and becoming a part of Russia, English language or no English language, so I would not recommend us either.:)

This article actually refers to those people coming from other EU countries which the UK cannot stop entering as there is free movement of workers within the EU. People are thinking most notably Romania, Bulgaria etc. at the moment

For example, a sizeable number of Polish immigrants - and other nationalities as well, but they are the largest number - receive British benefits for children that are still living in Poland and, of course, send this money back to Poland for the benefit of their children.

This is not unlawful in the UK so they are not doing anything wrong but, as the article suggests, a lot of people are not happy about this sort of thing.

rusmeister
17-06-2014, 13:39
"We might expect people to become more relaxed..."
What a wholly unphilosophical statement!

It never occurs to such thinkers, who do not think with much clarity, that in encountering what a person is NOT and DOESN'T believe, one's certainty about what one DOES believe and see themself to be might crystallize.

When so many completely un-English elements try to impose themselves on English society, Englishmen might begin to realize that they really ARE English, and that there are some things they cannot and should not tolerate.

Naturally, they don't speak of the English, though; only of British.

Jas
17-06-2014, 15:10
Well I think there's two many of these kind of personages from the eu going to Britain and this is what's making all the issues and now u got these UKIP losers and nutcases crying this and that.
So of course it's not a bad idea really to reduce anyone from Polska and all these places trying to get into the UK for a free ride. I think they shud wait 5 years until they get benefits.

British people dont like all the bulgarirans, rumanians and all that side. Now about Pakistanis and stuff, we're British and there is no issue. What everyone is winging about all just the zillions from europe.

TolkoRaz
17-06-2014, 15:19
This article actually refers to those people coming from other EU countries which the UK cannot stop entering as there is free movement of workers within the EU. .

Workers? I thought that even unemployed people could move freely between EU member states?

natlee
17-06-2014, 15:54
British people dont like all the bulgarirans, rumanians and all that side.Really? All British people and all of them? I assume "all that side" includes us, as well? ;)

Now about Pakistanis and stuff, we're British and there is no issue. Never!

rusmeister
17-06-2014, 16:20
Well I think there's two many of these kind of personages from the eu going to Britain and this is what's making all the issues and now u got these UKIP losers and nutcases crying this and that.
So of course it's not a bad idea really to reduce anyone from Polska and all these places trying to get into the UK for a free ride. I think they shud wait 5 years until they get benefits.

Only two? Are you one of them?
And did you mean Poland? Or Pakistan?

There just seems to be a certain irony in any non-native UK passport holder calling to prevent others from getting benefits.

Glenn Frye had a great song on the topic: "I Got Mine", I think it was called.

Gervais
17-06-2014, 17:08

Can you enlighten me what the difference is between
a) the UKIP opinion to reduce immigration and
b) your opinion to reduce immigration from Polska "and all these places" ?

There was heavy immigration from Poland to the UK in the 1990's but this stream is diminishing if not going the opposite direction.

What do you consider a "free ride" ? I'm afraid also in the UK you basically have to WORK for your money. Unless you're british and called "Jas" ;)

Jas
18-06-2014, 10:04
Can you enlighten me what the difference is between
a) the UKIP opinion to reduce immigration and
b) your opinion to reduce immigration from Polska "and all these places" ?

There was heavy immigration from Poland to the UK in the 1990's but this stream is diminishing if not going the opposite direction.

What do you consider a "free ride" ? I'm afraid also in the UK you basically have to WORK for your money. Unless you're british and called "Jas" ;)

There's no difference cos UKIP agree with me. However, I don't think Britain shud leave the EU. There's got to be a balance between staying in the EU and getting just overrun with Polska girls and thieves from Rumaniya. EU immigration is making the situation for real British personages (like me) a lot worse cos of housing, jobs, all that kind of stuff.
Listen, do u think when I was in Prague I was getting stuff for free? They was the most stingy people btw.

TolkoRaz
18-06-2014, 10:32
Listen, do u think when I was in Prague I was getting stuff for free? They was the most stingy people btw.

But Beer is only 1 Euro a half litre! :)

Gervais
18-06-2014, 10:35
There's no difference cos UKIP agree with me. However, I don't think Britain shud leave the EU. There's got to be a balance between staying in the EU and getting just overrun with Polska girls and thieves from Rumaniya. EU immigration is making the situation for real British personages (like me) a lot worse cos of housing, jobs, all that kind of stuff.

... "long live prejudices and generalizing" ! :(
I always thought you were fighting "Nazi thugs" !?
You statements fiercly resemble the dumb statements of right wing parties all over the world supporting the dull fear of the "masses" against immigration.

EU immigration is making things worse for you ? Immigration from other partws of the world into the UK is not ? What's the difference ? Care to elaborate ?

Do you have a real life example from your own experience, where a Polish girl, Romanian thief, German Nazi or Italian Mafiosi took away housing, jobs and stuff from you ?

British like you !? Born in the UK ? Raised in the UK ? British decend since one or two generations ? British passport ?

penka
18-06-2014, 11:21
I honestly fail to comprehend the sentiment about you being British, Jas.

You seem to be blissfully unaware of the basic British English.
Your points of reference are those of a Pakistani. Self-awareness as expressed in many statements ditto. Mind you, regular Brits are known for their tolerance and acceptance of people of very diversified backgrounds, yet your hatred towards a specific group of migrants, those from the Eastern Europe is baffling. And how dare you calling all Romanians for thieves after ranting about your own shoplifting experiences? Poles are coming and stealing jobs or live on the welfare? Many of them work as builders and are hard-working too, mind you. You seem fail to embrace the British culture and the way of living.

May I remind you, there are plenty of people, born outside of the UK who became and are proud being British without denying or disrespecting their background, something you seem to have an issue with.

As I've said, I can feel sympathy towards somebody, who tried and failed but hardly towards a person who lives off the welfare, which I among many others pay for, steals from the relatives, refuses to get a job, accuses everyone of being a nazi, a thief or a lazy @ss and displays plain racism while ranting about Slavs, invading Europe.

Jas
18-06-2014, 11:49
... "long live prejudices and generalizing" ! :(
I always thought you were fighting "Nazi thugs" !?
You statements fiercly resemble the dumb statements of right wing parties all over the world supporting the dull fear of the "masses" against immigration.

EU immigration is making things worse for you ? Immigration from other partws of the world into the UK is not ? What's the difference ? Care to elaborate ?

Do you have a real life example from your own experience, where a Polish girl, Romanian thief, German Nazi or Italian Mafiosi took away housing, jobs and stuff from you ?

British like you !? Born in the UK ? Raised in the UK ? British decend since one or two generations ? British passport ?

Yes, it's euro immigration what's the problem. Real life examples? Er, I wrote continuoysly about the Polska girls, just type in Polska girls and u will find threads were I was telling about them and how racist they was. Here is a example were I am telling about it in detail, and there's much more also- direct from PERSONAL experience.

http://www.expat.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=454905&highlight=polska

Personages from wherever are not likely to be racist to us cos they are brown or black even.

So u asked for ME OWN EXPERIENCE, go and check what i told cos I was consistent in me great dislike of eu types coming to the UK and making issues.

Hey Gavroche, just some of the stuff I told about the Polska girls and me own terrible experience with eu immigrants.
Just do a search. This is pasted from one of me threads years back, but I wrote tons more, thanks. Not just today I decided I don't like that lot barging into the UK.

The Polska girls was just terrible by the way. Our shop was cool until they came. Once they was in the store- they wrecked everything for us. First they was telling stories saying the white customers didn't like us. Next? They started to date the managers to get over us and to control us. Next? They got the jobs on the checkout. Next? They was always insulting our culture and saying the customers was complaing about us and our cooking in the lunch break- which was all lies of course.
Next? They wud jabber in Polska whenever one of us walked past and just titter and mock. Next? There was Aisha who had a limp cos of her foot and the Polska girls always used to laugh at her.

Now who was the Polska Girls exactly? They came out of nowhere- just like a flock of ostriches. Polska is Poland. It was like a invasion army off Independence Day- one day it was normal- next day ure fighting for ure life!
Another thing... they used to smoke cigarettes and blow the smoke right into ure face. So after a month, the whole store was just divided u can say- cos of what they done.
This is when Farida arrived and from the very first day.... she wasn't taking any of their bad stuff. One day, just as all the Polska Girls was sniggering at us, Farida told like this in a loud voice: "Let's pray. Time for Namaz."
We was just astounded.
So Farida calls like this, "Allah U' Akhbar." This is the first time prayers was in public and she led us also. Me? I joined and prayed also. Why? Cos it was the ONLY way to fight back against the downclass Polska Girls and put them in their place.
Next? It's a long tale actually, but in the end, the Polska Girls got put in their place. They left cos they told the area managers they can't work with us and they got to other branches. So we won and our shop got back to normal. Then came the time I was in the stockroom and Farida walked in and softly closed the door.

I honestly fail to comprehend the sentiment about you being British, Jas.

You seem to be blissfully unaware of the basic British English.
Your points of reference are those of a Pakistani. Self-awareness as expressed in many statements ditto. Mind you, regular Brits are known for their tolerance and acceptance of people of very diversified backgrounds, yet your hatred towards a specific group of migrants, those from the Eastern Europe is baffling. And how dare you calling all Romanians for thieves after ranting about your own shoplifting experiences? Poles are coming and stealing jobs or live on the welfare? Many of them work as builders and are hard-working too, mind you. You seem fail to embrace the British culture and the way of living.

May I remind you, there are plenty of people, born outside of the UK who became and are proud being British without denying or disrespecting their background, something you seem to have an issue with.

As I've said, I can feel sympathy towards somebody, who tried and failed but hardly towards a person who lives off the welfare, which I among many others pay for, steals from the relatives, refuses to get a job, accuses everyone of being a nazi, a thief or a lazy @ss and displays plain racism while ranting about Slavs, invading Europe.

This is just rubbish cos I am totally British and totally embrace British culture, thanks.
Then next line ure telling I deny and insult me background!!
So which is it, Penka?

Welfare? I don't live off welfare cos I will go to become a addictions and substance abuse counsellor, thanks. It's eu free riders, what are the ones looking for welfare. U can't except it though cos ure white, lol.

Russian Lad
18-06-2014, 11:58
Mind you, regular Brits are known for their tolerance and acceptance of people of very diversified backgrounds

Ha. Ha. Ha. And one more Ha.

natlee
18-06-2014, 13:06
Ha. Ha. Ha. And one more Ha. Once again, all I can say on the subject is that London in my experience has been the only place where people would give me a surprised look whenever I mentioned I was only visiting - the question always was, You aren't from here? Let's just say I don't speak English with an accent remotely resembling British ;)

Then they would ask where I was from and get all excited and tell me how they would love to visit if only it wasn't so expensive and such a hassle with the visa ;)

And again, Jas's is the only bad experience with Polish girls (or boys) I've ever heard of! Romanians do have a reputation (not that I think it's right to generalize regardless) but Poles! Sounds to me like those girls could've been of any nationality and then Jas would be telling us they are all bad.

Russian Lad
18-06-2014, 13:14
and get all excited

I am sure this is true, I think it may have been not related to your accent though... Most Brits I have known don't even know this word - tolerance.

natlee
18-06-2014, 13:26
I am sure this is true, I think it may have been not related to your accent though... :D

They were mostly women!

That said, what do I know? Jas never thought Farida was "that way inclined"! :bowdown:

PeteD
18-06-2014, 14:33
Most Brits I have known don't even know this word - tolerance.

What, the F**k are you talking about?????

:boxing::voodoo::bash::grind::ninja:

Russian Lad
18-06-2014, 16:35
Jas never thought Farida was "that way inclined"!

:Loco:

What, the F**k are you talking about?????

Ouch! That hurt! Ouch!:)

Gervais
18-06-2014, 19:25
(...)
So u asked for ME OWN EXPERIENCE, go and check what i told cos I was consistent in me great dislike of eu types coming to the UK and making issues.

(...)
The Polska girls was just terrible by the way. Our shop was cool until they came. Once they was in the store- they wrecked everything for us. First they was telling stories saying the white customers didn't like us. Next? They started to date the managers to get over us and to control us. Next? They got the jobs on the checkout. Next? (...)

This is just rubbish cos I am totally British and totally embrace British culture, thanks.

:gay: Sounds more like a bitching hen-fight of teenage girls rather than an immigration issue :D :D :D I worked for 1,5 years in Poland and have to say I prefer to deal with "bitching Polska-girls" rather than a spoiled, racist culturally lost girl from pakistani descend... :tongue:

Think about this: Pretending to be British out of low self-esteem doesn't make you "upper class" as you are continuously stating - it makes you "smaller" and "lower" than you actually are.

Just my two-cents-worth

rusmeister
18-06-2014, 20:03
Honestly, Jas, if you want to be taken more seriously, learn normative English and use it. Stop with the "u"s instead of "you" and "me's" instead of "my".

So u asked for ME OWN EXPERIENCE, go and check what i told cos I was consistent in me great dislike of eu types coming to the UK and making issues. should be expressed as:

"So you asked for MY OWN EXPERIENCE; go and check what I said because I was consistent in my great dislike of EU types coming to the UK and making issues."

It would be a good start towards encouraging me, for one, and others, I think, to begin considering your ideas more seriously. Hitherto, you have shown that you are obviously capable of doing so, but just don't want to.

fenrir
18-06-2014, 21:02
Yes, it's euro immigration what's the problem. Real life examples? Er, I wrote continuoysly about the Polska girls, just type in Polska girls and u will find threads were I was telling about them and how racist they was. Here is a example were I am telling about it in detail, and there's much more also- direct from PERSONAL experience.

http://www.expat.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=454905&highlight=polska

Personages from wherever are not likely to be racist to us cos they are brown or black even.

Hey Gavroche, just some of the stuff I told about the Polska girls and me own terrible experience with eu immigrants.
Just do a search. This is pasted from one of me threads years back, but I wrote tons more, thanks. Not just today I decided I don't like that lot barging into the UK.

The Polska girls was just terrible by the way. Our shop was cool until they came. Once they was in the store- they wrecked everything for us. First they was telling stories saying the white customers didn't like us. Next? They started to date the managers to get over us and to control us. Next? They got the jobs on the checkout. Next? They was always insulting our culture and saying the customers was complaing about us and our cooking in the lunch break- which was all lies of course.
Next? They wud jabber in Polska whenever one of us walked past and just titter and mock. Next? There was Aisha who had a limp cos of her foot and the Polska girls always used to laugh at her.

Now who was the Polska Girls exactly? They came out of nowhere- just like a flock of ostriches. Polska is Poland. It was like a invasion army off Independence Day- one day it was normal- next day ure fighting for ure life!
Another thing... they used to smoke cigarettes and blow the smoke right into ure face. So after a month, the whole store was just divided u can say- cos of what they done.
This is when Farida arrived and from the very first day.... she wasn't taking any of their bad stuff. One day, just as all the Polska Girls was sniggering at us, Farida told like this in a loud voice: "Let's pray. Time for Namaz."
We was just astounded.
So Farida calls like this, "Allah U' Akhbar." This is the first time prayers was in public and she led us also. Me? I joined and prayed also. Why? Cos it was the ONLY way to fight back against the downclass Polska Girls and put them in their place.
Next? It's a long tale actually, but in the end, the Polska Girls got put in their place. They left cos they told the area managers they can't work with us and they got to other branches. So we won and our shop got back to normal. Then came the time I was in the stockroom and Farida walked in and softly closed the door.

Then next line ure telling I deny and insult me background!!
So which is it, Penka?

Welfare? I don't live off welfare cos I will go to become a addictions and substance abuse counsellor, thanks. It's eu free riders, what are the ones looking for welfare. U can't except it though cos ure white, lol.

Whinging, whinging, whinging. Your own example of Polish girls shows them to be WORKING, not living off benefits, unlike so many Pakistanis I have read about in the British press, along with their sex-grooming gangs, benefits cheats, drug addicts/dealers, etc. Maybe we should judge ALL Pakistanis in the UK based on the sad examples we see in the press. That would be your way of doing things.

TolkoRaz
18-06-2014, 22:12
I think Polish Girls are lovely:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syMhJMmGEIc

MickeyTong
18-06-2014, 22:50
I think Polish Girls are lovely:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syMhJMmGEIc

Cheap slappers, churning milk with their cleavage on display, showing off their two-handed technique....

quincy
18-06-2014, 23:16
Honestly, Jas, if you want to be taken more seriously, learn normative English and use it. Stop with the "u"s instead of "you" and "me's" instead of "my".

should be expressed as:

"So you asked for MY OWN EXPERIENCE; go and check what I said because I was consistent in my great dislike of EU types coming to the UK and making issues."

It would be a good start towards encouraging me, for one, and others, I think, to begin considering your ideas more seriously. Hitherto, you have shown that you are obviously capable of doing so, but just don't want to.

Jas writes in a form of UK slang that is used daily by millions of people. As long as people understand what is being said the exact form of the language should not be important for this thread - which is not about language!

quincy
18-06-2014, 23:26

The problem might be that they are new to multicultural environments!

breezy
18-06-2014, 23:34

Another thing... they used to smoke cigarettes and blow the smoke right into ure face. So after a month, the whole store was just divided u can say- cos of what they done..

>>> I don't know why, but this just gave me a flashback of high school. Not that I was involved in this kinda stuff, as I didn't have that many girlfriends at my high school, but it just reminded me of the catfights i'd witness. I don't think this is a race or immigration issue, but just a stupid bitc* problem. you might havehad that problem with someone if they were Russian, Italian, American, or Australian. Okay, maybe not Australian because so far, every aussie girl I've met has been cool as $h*t. anyways, with my experience with Polish people, I haven't had any negative experiences with em... you should embrace the polish invasion (if that's what urconsidering it to be), because polish guys are hot to trot :) the girls are too. so...win-win :)

Capman
18-06-2014, 23:53
Ummm ... ...

MickeyTong
19-06-2014, 00:57
If there were no "foreigners" (outsiders - not us) in the world, the world would be a delightful place.

rusmeister
19-06-2014, 06:02
Jas writes in a form of UK slang that is used daily by millions of people. As long as people understand what is being said the exact form of the language should not be important for this thread - which is not about language!

As I said, it is not normative, and communicates ignorance, not intelligence.

There is a reason for conventions in language - the very word "convention" implies it: they enable us to come together and understand each other.

If everyone rites in der oun weigh, den kommunikashun wil be sloud doun wil ui urk two trensleit uats ben sed. At best. At uurst, it meks u luk stoopid.

It is like deliberately speaking a foreign language to people who don't speak it. It is rude, not cultured or civilized.

Jas
19-06-2014, 09:54
As I said, it is not normative, and communicates ignorance, not intelligence.

There is a reason for conventions in language - the very word "convention" implies it: they enable us to come together and understand each other.

If everyone rites in der oun weigh, den kommunikashun wil be sloud doun wil ui urk two trensleit uats ben sed. At best. At uurst, it meks u luk stoopid.

It is like deliberately speaking a foreign language to people who don't speak it. It is rude, not cultured or civilized.

Well U write very excellent English, but everyone still thinks ure a kind of village idiot. So?

natlee
19-06-2014, 10:06
I gotta give it to you Jas - I never thought that after a truly awful day you'd be the person to make me smile. And with a rude statement about a fellow forum member. Forgive me Rus :11030:

rusmeister
19-06-2014, 10:57
I gotta give it to you Jas - I never thought that after a truly awful day you'd be the person to make me smile. And with a rude statement about a fellow forum member. Forgive me Rus :11030:

Don't worry, Natlee - I never hold grudges. In fact, I'm under orders not to. :)
But I do hold out hope that people with those attitudes will mature to the point where they finally see that the ideas they ridicule are not idiotic.

Jas
19-06-2014, 11:41
Don't worry, Natlee - I never hold grudges. In fact, I'm under orders not to. :)
But I do hold out hope that people with those attitudes will mature to the point where they finally see that the ideas they ridicule are not idiotic.

Er, ure also under order to love ure neighbor and do to others what u wud ureself. Also, there's the plank of wood in ure eye what u shud think about before slaggin me off all the time. Ure also supposed to love the poor and needy what will inherit the earth but u got no love for immigrants whatsoever. Lastly but by no means least, don't judge cos u can get judged.

Did u ever read the Gospels? I doubt it.

Think about it.

AstarD
19-06-2014, 12:00
Er, ure also under order to love ure neighbor and do to others what u wud ureself. Also, there's the plank of wood in ure eye what u shud think about before slaggin me off all the time. Ure also supposed to love the poor and needy what will inherit the earth but u got no love for immigrants whatsoever. Lastly but by no means least, don't judge cos u can get judged.

Think about it.
I love how people who aren't adherents to a religion tell adherents of a religion how they are supposed to behave.

fenrir
19-06-2014, 12:41

Colossians 1:28

Colossians 3:16

1 Thessalonians 5:12

The key word in all three verses in regards to your issue with rusmeister is admonish.

rusmeister
19-06-2014, 14:16
Er, ure also under order to love ure neighbor and do to others what u wud ureself.
Indeed I do, or at least try to. But love doesn't mean smiling benignly when a kid is foolishly playing in the street, or with a live firecracker. It means shouting, and perhaps startling and even upsetting the kid, because you see a clear and present danger.

Also, there's the plank of wood in ure eye what u shud think about before slaggin me off all the time.
Indeed I do. But having done so, there's still a mote in your eye. You like the mote, oh well.

Ure also supposed to love the poor and needy what will inherit the earth but u got no love for immigrants whatsoever.
i AM an immigrant. I have more sympathy for them than you know.
And I do what I can for the poor and needy. Do you?

Lastly but by no means least, don't judge cos u can get judged.
Agreed. But do you know what "judge" means in that context? It means to judge a person's standing before God. It cannot mean, "Don't say that evil is evil, or that sin is sin, or that brokenness with God is brokenness with God".
I have no idea where you stand before God, and have little difficulty imagining that you might be saved before me.
But if you say that sin is not sin, I'm still going to say that you're wrong, and that's not "judging" you. Neither is saying that you ought to use normative English if you want to be taken seriously as an intellectual person.

Think about it.

I do, and agree that I ought to read them more often than the excerpts a few times a week that I do.