PDA

View Full Version : Russian wording

TGP
23-01-2008, 14:31
Maybe Expat Cafe is a wrong page to ask this question, but could someone give me a Russian equivalent of "X. shall maintain the Internet appearance as an Internet address exclusively from its domicile in Y. This rule includes the using of banner and links with the purpose to reach some groups that refers to Z."

I got confused a little bit.

Thanks in advance.

TD
23-01-2008, 15:14
hmmm, I think we need to figure out what it means in English before attempting to translate it further :question:

TGP
23-01-2008, 15:56
Yes, I agree.

Penelope
23-01-2008, 16:13
X. shall maintain the Internet appearance as an Internet address exclusively from its domicile in Y. This rule includes the using of banner and links with the purpose to reach some groups that refers to Z."
OK, Who is X? Who is Y? And Who is Z? And what are they supposed to do in this contract?

TD
23-01-2008, 19:39
"X. shall maintain the Internet appearance as an Internet address exclusively from its domicile in Y. This rule includes the using of banner and links with the purpose to reach some groups that refers to Z."

Ok I will make an attempt:

X = Web Designer
Y = A Location
Z = Subject Matter or Product

The Web Designer will maintain the website located at mydomain.com exclusively from a particular location. This will include the use of banners and links to promote the clients' product to certain groups.

TGP
23-01-2008, 22:39
OK, Who is X? Who is Y? And Who is Z? And what are they supposed to do in this contract?

If I answer this question, all will be even more complicated!

TGP
23-01-2008, 22:45
Ok I will make an attempt:

X = Web Designer
Y = A Location
Z = Subject Matter or Product

The Web Designer will maintain the website located at mydomain.com exclusively from a particular location. This will include the use of banners and links to promote the clients' product to certain groups.

Thank you, TD. Yes, that's what is meant here, but what "this" includes the use of banners...? Can banners and links be used only on this site at a particulare location? For me this idea is a bit strange, maybe because I am not an advanced user.

TD
23-01-2008, 23:33
I am guessing that this person is implying that contract includes promoting the site as well through the use of links and banners. Certainly there are other ways to promote websites, but these are usually the first two things most folks would think about using...