PDA

View Full Version : Obama calls Time-Out in Iraq War

Fantastika
15-06-2014, 00:53
This just in ... US President Barack Hussein Obama has called on the world referee to whistle a time-out in the Iraq battle between ISIS and the Baghad government.

Obama needs "a few days to ponder his options," and "no option is off the table" and offers other platitudes, cliches, jibber-jabber, fustian rants and balderdash from his auditorium-voice Teleprompter.

Will the world referee (if he exists) tweet the time-out or will the game be over by the time Obama decides what play to make?

So far, he hasn't decided who's side he's on, or who plays on his team - is it ISIS side which she supports in Syria, or is it anti-ISIS side, which he supports in Iraq?

Obama says "I still have 4 time-outs left, right?" Watch out, he's going to get T-eed up (technical foul) if he complains too much! Especially if he keeps complaining to the ref that the other side (Baghdad government) needs to put in different players in its lineup.

World situation - similar to classroom of children, after teacher has left the room. Teacher needs to get in another round of golf.

Will some responsible adults please stand up?

quincy
15-06-2014, 00:56
Apparently ISIS has the support of Obama's trusted ally, Saudi Arabia!

Fantastika
15-06-2014, 01:01

Refer to Tolko-Raz chart of anarchy in previous thread...

I always liked the name ISIS, it is ancient Egyptian Goddess. Now, it's ruined!

Benedikt
15-06-2014, 01:01

when yo uahve friends like them?:vampire:

Fantastika
15-06-2014, 01:16
http://www.fairbrothers.com/isis.jpg

The old ISIS (Ancient Egypt): "Isis is calling you. She is now assisting you to reclaim your spiritual power, ancient wisdom and past-life abilities."

The new ISIS (Barbarian Iraq): "Isis is shooting at you. She is now attacking you to impose Sharia law and claim your money, bank accounts, jewels and other loot, in order to buy weapons to continue the Jihad."

Benedikt
15-06-2014, 08:00
The new ISIS (Barbarian Iraq): "Isis is shooting at you. She is now attacking you to impose Sharia law and claim your money, bank accounts, jewels and other loot, in order to buy weapons to continue the Jihad."[/QUOTE]

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gregorymcneal/2014/06/13/americans-fighting-for-isis-could-face-array-of-criminal-charges/

weird world indeed.
But they are not the only ones apparently. There are also German ( muslim converts?) fighting on the side of the Assad regime. and others with the rebels/freedom fighters/terrorists, depending on which side you are and how you see it.
Frau Merkel also made it a crime and if/when they should return will be prosecuted.
But i don't think ANY of these misguided youngsters, most of them are, will return, except in body bags. they are just being used as cannon fodder and [propaganda material. and they are silly or blind enough, or fanatic enough, not to see that.
sad world.

Fantastika
15-06-2014, 09:00
The new ISIS (Barbarian Iraq): "Isis is shooting at you. She is now attacking you to impose Sharia law and claim your money, bank accounts, jewels and other loot, in order to buy weapons to continue the Jihad."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gregorymcneal/2014/06/13/americans-fighting-for-isis-could-face-array-of-criminal-charges/

weird world indeed.
But they are not the only ones apparently. There are also German ( muslim converts?) fighting on the side of the Assad regime. and others with the rebels/freedom fighters/terrorists, depending on which side you are and how you see it.
Frau Merkel also made it a crime and if/when they should return will be prosecuted.
But i don't think ANY of these misguided youngsters, most of them are, will return, except in body bags. they are just being used as cannon fodder and [propaganda material. and they are silly or blind enough, or fanatic enough, not to see that.
sad world.

It's a war, not a crime, why don't they understand this? The other side is fighting a war, we are treating them as a psychology problem?

I talked to an old Vietnam war vet the other, he said he killed a 12-year-old Vietnamese youth. The kid was pointing a rifle at him. What choice did he have? He is still sick about it, 40 years later. And speaking of Vietnamese, my Vietnamese computer programmer friend died at the Pentagon on 9/11, one of the best and the greatest of Americans I have ever met.

And these Jihad volunteers are fighting for ? :10479: Islamo-Fascism?

Any responsible adults in the world leadership? Please speak up now.

TolkoRaz
15-06-2014, 10:49
Refer to Tolko-Raz chart of anarchy in previous thread...

I always liked the name ISIS, it is ancient Egyptian Goddess. Now, it's ruined!

It is actually ISIL (The Islamic State of Iraq & The Levant), led by Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, but the Western Media seems to refer to it as ISIS!

Fantastika
16-06-2014, 06:53
It is actually ISIL (The Islamic State of Iraq & The Levant), led by Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, but the Western Media seems to refer to it as ISIS!

Got it, TK,...ISIS -> ISIL, I prefer to call them or "Islamo-Fascists" or "barbarians".

I'm sure Obama is supplying weapons to the "constructive" opposition to Assad, and that none of these weapons will fall into the head-chopping hands of the neanderthal savages.

Please excuse my hysterical laughter!

Fantastika
16-06-2014, 06:54
When you have friends like them?:vampire:

The icon says it all...

broadside
16-06-2014, 23:45
What do people think of the prospect of the USA working with Iran to sort things in Iraq then? A genuine offer? Personally I think Iran are the obvious people to intervene, not the USA.

Fantastika
17-06-2014, 03:17
What do people think of the prospect of the USA working with Iran to sort things in Iraq then? A genuine offer? Personally I think Iran are the obvious people to intervene, not the USA.

Why intervene in a sectarian war?

Let the Kurds have their 1/3 of the country, the Sunni's their piece, and the Shiites their section.

These people can not be forced to get along, so let them each have their own independent country.

US already spent $1 trillion on Iraq, then Obama deserted Baghdad. It was $1 trillion completely wasted. Why throw more money down a rathole?

(Joe Biden's one good idea!)

Iran will intervene in any case, if the chaos starts spreading into their country.

TolkoRaz
17-06-2014, 10:33

Firstly, Iran has been involved deeply in Iraq for many years - the Iraqi Parliament is very Iranian influenced and Shia dominant.

The Shia Militias which cover much of Iraq are primarily financed by Iran - In many ways they are very similar to Hezbollah.

Have you not heard of the Mahdi Army, the al Badr Corps etc?

So, for all intents and purposes, Iran has been intervening and fighting the Sunni for quite some now.

quincy
17-06-2014, 10:51
Firstly, Iran has been involved deeply in Iraq for many years - the Iraqi Parliament is very Iranian influenced and Shia dominant.

The Shia Militias which cover much of Iraq are primarily financed by Iran - In many ways they are very similar to Hezbollah.

Have you not heard of the Mahdi Army, the al Badr Corps etc?

So, for all intents and purposes, Iran has been intervening and fighting the Sunni for quite some now.

Isn't it more of a power struggle between Iran and Saudi over Iraq, Syria and even Lebanon? Saudi Arabia, while it tolerates no dissent inside the country is happy to 'export' Sunni extremism to influence events in far away places Afghanistan, Chechnya or the Middle east, with or sometimes without US approval

TolkoRaz
17-06-2014, 11:00
Isn't it more of a power struggle between Iran and Saudi over Iraq, Syria and even Lebanon? Saudi Arabia, while it tolerates no dissent inside the country is happy to 'export' Sunni extremism to influence events in far away places Afghanistan, Chechnya or the Middle east, with or sometimes without US approval

Correct! The Sunni / Shia split which occurred in the 7th Century between groups loyal to Abu Bakr and Ali has much to answer for!

BTW, you forgot to mention Bahrain which is another proxy battle ground between Shia Iran and the Sunni Saudis.

quincy
17-06-2014, 11:05
Correct! The Sunni / Shia split which occurred in the 7th Century between groups loyal to Abu Bakr and Ali has much to answer for!

BTW, you forgot to mention Bahrain which is another proxy battle ground between Shia Iran and the Sunni Saudis.

Yes Saudi sent troops there in 2011 to put down the Shia uprising. There are also Shia in all the Gulf states where Iranians had trading posts down the centuries. There have been some disturbances in Dubai and UAE generally