PDA

View Full Version : I want to buy a driving licence

MrTT
23-01-2008, 12:33
I would like to buy a Russian driving licence and then convert it to international. Does anybody know somebody i just Pay with no hassle?

SalTheReturn
23-01-2008, 15:29
I would like to buy a Russian driving licence and then convert it to international. Does anybody know somebody i just Pay with no hassle?

thanks a lot because i had the same question

please guys give us some info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rustralian
23-01-2008, 17:51
Not sure about buying a local licence, but I am sure it can be done. Converting it to an International one...?

You cannot convert to an International Licence as their is no such thing that exists under any international laws.

There is an International Driving Permit (IDP) which is issued under the Geneva Convention on International Road Traffic of 19 September 1949. There was also the 1968 Vienna Convention on Road Traffic, but a number of countries did not sign the treaty or did not ratify it, so the 1949 Convention IDP is the more widely used and accepted. The 1949 Convention only allows an IDP to be valid for 12 months from the date of issue. The 1968 Convention allows for a validity of 3 years.

The reason the 1949 IDP is mostly used is to try to limit incorrect application. For example, Germany did not ratify the 1949 Treaty as they did not exist as a government at the time, but they have passed a law to recognise the 1949 IDP being used in Germany by foreigners. Germany however did sign the 1968 Treaty, so they can only issue IDP's under the 1968 Treaty. South Korea did not sign the 1968 Treaty, only the 1949 Treaty, so a German IDP which can only be issued under the 1968 Treay is NOT recognised in South Korea.

There was also a 1929 Paris Convention on Motor Vehicles which dealt with IDP's, but the only countries that still subscribe to the 1929 Convention IDP's are Brazil, Iraq and Somalia.

The countries that accept the 1949 IDP are: Afganistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Antigua, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde Islands, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Costa Rica, Cote d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Curacao, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dijibouti, Dominican Republic, Ecudar, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France and French Overseas Departments, French Polynesia, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibralter, Greece, Guatemala, Guernsey, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jersey, Jordan, Kampuchea, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea (Republic of), Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Macao, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nambia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal (Madaira and the Azores), Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudia Arabia, Senegal, Serbia and Montenegro, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, St Kitts - Nevis & Anguilla, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Tanania, Thailand, Togo, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, UK, USA, Vatican City, Venezuela, Windward Islands, Yemen Repubic, Zaire, Zambia and Zimbabwe.

The United Arab Emirates signed the treaty in January 2007, so it is still capable of being adopted.

The IDP can ONLY be issued under the authority of the Government of a Convention country and the Governments of those countries mostly delegate that task to authorised Motoring Associations, if there is one (in Australia only State Associations that are members of the National Australian Automobile Association are allowed to issue the permits).

The IDP is a multilingual translation of your local drivers licence and is NOT a licence in itself (9 languages in Australia: The languages are - English, French, Italian, Greek, German, Russian, Spanish, Japanese and Chinese). It is just a recognised translation of your licence and the Convention countries allow you to drive if you carry both the IDP and your local valid drivers licence. You cannot use an IDP in the country where you have your local drivers licence.

The IDP MUST have a grey cover, with white pages and be 105mm by 148mm in size - anybody issuing credit card sized IDP's is issuing fakes.

If you need to get an IDP, then most times the relevant body to contact is the Motoring Association in your country and that body will be a member of the Federation Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA). To assist here is the link to the Australian Automobile Association handbook (74 pages) which provides the name and contact details for the motorist associations in most countries where you can find information about IDP's. The list is at the front and back of the handbook - in the middle is a section on the international signs that are used, which breaks up the list into two parts. http://www.aaa.asn.au/downloads/AAA_Handbook.pdf

If you buy an IDP from an internet provider, then unless that is a motorist association or a duly authorised Government supplier if there is no motoring association, then it is a fake and you are being scammed. They may look the same and many do, but they are not issued by the Country where you have your drivers licence, nor by an authorised body. IDP's that include Passport Numbers and other information are fakes and invalid, as the Treaty requires the IDP's to be issued in STRICT accordance with the Treaty version.

I don't know about other Associations but I can order an IDP through the post from Western Australia or I can have someone go and get one for me, so long as they have a copy of my MDL (to show it is current and what classes I can drive) and a photo of me for the IDP. It costs AUD$25 in Western Australia.

Places such as International Driver License, International Automobile Alliance, IDL, Personal ID (http://www.idlforyou.com) and international-licence.com (http://www.international-licence.com) and International Driver License (http://www.idl-iaa.com) that are sponsored links on Google, are all supplying fake documents that are worthless and meaningless under the terms of any of the UN Treaties.

23-01-2008, 18:01

Buy a RF driving license? Please PM me your phone number.

SalTheReturn
23-01-2008, 20:09

Can you really do this Guest? I guess you can of course but let me notice theres little correspondence between the way you usually rant at non law-abiding foreigners and the way you are now offering help in this peculiar situation

should your help be able to provide driving licences I will be your first client, too lazy to waste my time in studying notions of first aid and all the like

regards

Sal

23-01-2008, 21:07
I will for sure NOT supply anything to him but he will be good for a serious checkup :(((( So, some expats think they can freely ask on a public forum "Hey, I need to buy a driving licence, where must I go?". Why not a passport too?

If I get his details, be sure he will receive something else than a DL!

SalTheReturn
23-01-2008, 22:31
I will for sure NOT supply anything to him but he will be good for a serious checkup :(((( So, some expats think they can freely ask on a public forum "Hey, I need to buy a driving licence, where must I go?". Why not a passport too?

If I get his details, be sure he will receive something else than a DL!

wanted to write sth else Guest but give up...

"expat think that..." pretty rich (and you know it is true) coming from the most corrupted white country according to the index of economic freedom and other respectable organizations

i usually would not rely to such logic(see the line above) in a debate but i guess this follows your style

i am off

Sal

24-01-2008, 11:59
YES there is corruption in Russia, and in corruption there are TWO guilty: The corrupted AND the corruptor! We have enough problems with local corruptors and really don't need to have foreign corruptors here, can you understand this?

I wonder what would make a "Buy a US passport" thread on a Russian expatsite in England, as "MrTT" is a brit (again one brit involved in an ilegal thing!). BTW he is probably registered here with another name, and created this account just for this crap!

Penelope
24-01-2008, 12:05
A passport and a drivers license are hardly the same. How could any of the expats that post here have come to Russia without a passport? :rolleyes:

I also disapprove of buying the drivers license, by the way.

24-01-2008, 12:13
A passport and a drivers license are hardly the same. How could any of the expats that post here have come to Russia without a passport? :rolleyes:

I also disapprove of buying the drivers license, by the way.

Yes expats have their passport to come here, but some of them are searching to buy RF passports, it isn't that new. Til now there were no public requests on forum for this, though.

Penelope
24-01-2008, 12:18
While a passport shows little more than your citizenship, in my opinion, a drivers license shows that you have the skills and knowledge (of the local driving laws) to be a safe driver. I too don't like the idea of people buying a drivers license, even less than buying a passport.

Hawk
24-01-2008, 14:43
I would safely bet there are more russian expats in foreign coutries with false documents than their are foreign expats in russia with same.....

A DL in most european countries is equivalent to a PP..... its offical form of ID just about everywhere...

SalTheReturn
24-01-2008, 15:15
Yes expats have their passport to come here, but some of them are searching to buy RF passports, it isn't that new. Til now there were no public requests on forum for this, though.

Guest now you sound really ridicolous, personally you are cracking me up...go on mate please!!!:cheerleader:

SalTheReturn
24-01-2008, 15:17
I would safely bet there are more russian expats in foreign coutries with false documents than their are foreign expats in russia with same.....

A DL in most european countries is equivalent to a PP..... its offical form of ID just about everywhere...

thats right and the reason why i am laughing at Guest comments!!!

i think no one would like to rely to such logics...but how to react when someone talks about "expats trying to buy RF passports"? LOL LOL

SalTheReturn
24-01-2008, 15:35
i really thought i did not need to say this...it is nothing new that some expats may look for fake russian passports as same as it is true the also may arrange marriages

i guess it is sth more common with thirld worlders rather than western expats, is not it?

my point was another, no interest in denying something i already new and that it is widely documented

nevertheless russia runs as the second country in the world (after US) with the highest number of illegal immigrants and gets lots of crap when comes the issue of citizenships and all the like

ezik
24-01-2008, 18:34
I'd say that Rustralian gave some very useful info.
The alternative is taking lessons here and do an exam.

In addition, I would like to make very clear that solliciting and offering illegal services or goods in NOT ALLOWED on this forum. And if you do, please keep in mind that it's at your own risk.

I thought this was an obvious one.

Before the forum rules are updated with this remark, this thread will remain visible as a warning.

SalTheReturn
24-01-2008, 20:24
I'd say that Rustralian gave some very useful info.
The alternative is taking lessons here and do an exam.

In addition, I would like to make very clear that solliciting and offering illegal services or goods in NOT ALLOWED on this forum. And if you do, please keep in mind that it's at your own risk.

I thought this was an obvious one.

Before the forum rules are updated with this remark, this thread will remain visible as a warning.

does this mean i am not free to ask to buy a "driving licence"?

Willy
24-01-2008, 20:40

I felt just the way he wrote, it would not be a good idea to PM him.
This Guest is not stupid, He would have PM'ed this guy if he wanted to help.
I wonder how many people were dumb enough to PM him?

Willy
24-01-2008, 20:41
does this mean i am not free to ask to buy a "driving licence"?

Looks like one was.

24-01-2008, 21:37
I felt just the way he wrote, it would not be a good idea to PM him.
This Guest is not stupid, He would have PM'ed this guy if he wanted to help.
I wonder how many people were dumb enough to PM him?

LOL... More than you can even imagine :( They probably don't even read the thread until the end...

SalTheReturn
24-01-2008, 22:53
LOL... More than you can even imagine :( They probably don't even read the thread until the end...

and so whats the deal with them? will you send them tax inspectors?:coffee::groan:

maori
25-01-2008, 18:35
Nearly everyone knows that a buying Russian DL is one of the easiest thing in this corrupted country.
But lets not to discuss these things here following a forum rules.
And also.By my humble opinion everyone please be very careful with "Guest".

25-01-2008, 21:20
Nearly everyone knows that a buying Russian DL is one of the easiest thing in this corrupted country.
But lets not to discuss these things here following a forum rules.
And also.By my humble opinion everyone please be very careful with "Guest".

LOL thank you for your humble opinion. BTW in Thailand, it is easier to buy documents than in Russia, you probably know this...

25-01-2008, 21:57
LOL Sal!!!

3 gave false numbers, but the 4th listened so many things from me than he finally said "heuuu it was a joke of course" :) I am sure of this, so no problem, Russians too have the sense of humour!

and so whats the deal with them? will you send them tax inspectors?:coffee::groan:

Clean32
25-01-2008, 22:23
LOL thank you for your humble opinion. BTW in Thailand, it is easier to buy documents than in Russia, you probably know this...

Gorhork, ser documnt lataban siam bing har yi binhar. port soviet dag pasation ban bangkok hiltion 378

maori
26-01-2008, 07:59

Guest.My advise to you.Don't LOL too much.Unless you state us you're on your teens.
Thailand.How dare did you say it's easier to buy docs in Thai than in RF?And you're telling me that?Look I will try to clear a couple of things for you.I ve been living in Moscow for whole my life(because I am half Russian/half kiwi)So I am fluent in your original language too.Now I am stating that Russia is one of the most corrupted countries in the world.And do you really think I've no idea of how easy to buy almost any sort of docs in RF?:sunny:..Yeah,see I am stating this fact.The common one.Despite of what I said there are some really nice and positive things in RF.That's why I live and work in Moscow.
Now I am on my winter escape vacation in my lovely villa in Phuket.Wiil come back to Mos in april.Just wanna add yeah,Thai is corrupted country.But the level of its corruption is very far less if compared with RF situation.Buying docs in Thai?No thnx.Can't recommend it.Have you noticed what CLEAN32 said of "bangkok hiltion 378"?:hooray:
PS Hoping RF will get the Thai level of democracy culture at least soon:nut:

SalTheReturn
26-01-2008, 13:01
Maori agree with you but would say that corruption and level of democracy are not 2 thing strictly connected

russia is actually working quite well, corruption is part of their system, a state into the state sth similar to the mafia in some parts in italy

citizens can even live well with that

Guest probably does not know that not only Russia runs in the top 5 most corrupted countries, somewhere near Mozambico, but that we perceive (wrongly) Russian as Whites, Europeans, Almost a First World Country (Putin called it Second World at the beginning of his presidence) and this make the deal more alarming

we di not expect rampant legalized corruption from Russia, Russia is not Africa nor a bloody Balcan country

Clean32
26-01-2008, 18:30
Ok enough rubbish is posted already

If you want an RF DL and you already have a DL, all you need to do is the theory exam and not the practical. In my case the Gai gave up on my poor written Russian skills, and helped me out by going verbal. But I would point out that I had learnt the RF road code as I would advice anyone who wishes to drive in The RF to do. Right of way, roundabouts, and lights on, are the most glaring differences, and you should know them regardless of what license you are driving on.

As for Buying a license, and general buying of documents? well ok you can and every thing will seem ok until you have an accident or they take your license ( for any ticket) and by chance they decide to check it out, then your in deep shit, my thoughts are just because you can donít mean you should, short cuts in Russia tend to have a nasty way of biting back.

Thailand, well regardless of what you think, the infrastructure visa business is all so much simpler and much less corrupted than Russia, with the exception of a couple of areas IE Pukett being the most well known ( but then its full of Russians).
I will give you an example, to be a teacher and get a teachers visa in Thailand, you need your Tesol (from an English country) and degree and transcript, Visa takes about 3 weeks. Now there are quite a few people who have provided false documents, and are now sitting in jail. Or have been deported.
and remember there army by populur support took out there elected goverment for coruption, the number if i remember correctly was 28 million USD

About Russia, well talk to any old hand, things are changing, there is in many areas less corruption, and what corruption there is has changed. The average drive will either talk him self out of a ticket, or will get a ticket, paying there way out of a ticket seems to have stopped all together. Having said that, tucks, are stopped more often, and truck drivers are paying out more often than before ( big trucks Kamas not Gazelle). But this will not stop until some one realizes that a GAI officer can not support his family, buy an apartment, and own a car on 15000 rubles a month.

maori
26-01-2008, 18:47
Yeah...thats right.
...but once again.(Last one:)) There are two types of docs you can buy in RF.The fake one.Which looks the same as the real one.And the REAL doc of course.Which is going to be registered in govts computer system.The difference in price only :sunny:

Wodin
27-01-2008, 00:15
It's shocking that anyone can post here with an apparently straight face a request for what is after all an illegal action. Get yourself a proper legitimate licence. It's (a) the law and (b) safer for yourself and others.

SalTheReturn
27-01-2008, 01:13
It's shocking that anyone can post here with an apparently straight face a request for what is after all an illegal action. Get yourself a proper legitimate licence. It's (a) the law and (b) safer for yourself and others.

Woodin are you the guy fluent in Italian, arent you?

we have a saying here "a stare con lo zoppo si imparra a zoppicare"

means sth like that if you are exposed to bad influences of any kind you will end up being a bad influent yourself!

personally i am not surprised if foreigners living in russia feel they are legitimated to make such requests

ezik
27-01-2008, 02:30

means sth like that if you are exposed to bad influences of any kind you will end up being a bad influent yourself!

personally i am not surprised if foreigners living in russia feel they are legitimated to make such requests

Sal, this is up to a certain extend true. Actually, you agree with Guest who says that corruption needs a corruptor. It is a market. If there is corruption, who can blame the corruptor for asking for any service?

No one.

This is however not a license to ask for any service that is blatantly illegal.

Wodin
27-01-2008, 03:10

Sal. That's a blatant untruth and you know it. Si imparano a zoppicare soltanto quelli che vogliono zoppicare. (bad influences only impact those who are predisposed to be impacted)

maori
27-01-2008, 11:00
IE Pukett being the most well known ( but then its full of Russians).

Guest Arrivals at Accomodation Establishments,Phuket.2007
Source:phuketinfo.net - (http://www.phuketinfo.net)

Sweden -77,012
UK -55,593
Australia -52,129
Russia -49,234
China -49,022
Germany -44,642
Finland -37,125
Korea -33,145
France -25,501
Italy -23,678

We probably can say Phuket is full of scandinavians.:happymad:
But Russians are not too far

Clean32
27-01-2008, 11:56
Guest Arrivals at Accomodation Establishments,Phuket.2007
Source:phuketinfo.net - (http://www.phuketinfo.net)

Sweden -77,012
UK -55,593
Australia -52,129
Russia -49,234
China -49,022
Germany -44,642
Finland -37,125
Korea -33,145
France -25,501
Italy -23,678

We probably can say Phuket is full of scandinavians.:happymad:
But Russians are not too far

Yes but i think you will fined that most othere nations pass though, where russians encamp

Korotky Gennady
28-01-2008, 17:35
Hi Clean ! Why are you so seldom here ?

28-01-2008, 17:54
Because he is busy somewhere else :)

Korotky Gennady
28-01-2008, 18:25
Because he is busy somewhere else :)

Then he is like a prodigal son... :eh:

ezik
28-01-2008, 18:39
Then he is like a prodigal son... :eh:

Well, at least a constructive post here, so I'm happy with it.

Clean32
28-01-2008, 20:19

As I suspect you already know, I have been recently detained

Korotky Gennady
29-01-2008, 02:27

:eek: !?

SalTheReturn
29-01-2008, 11:04

consider his language skills can just go from an insult to another, it is not at all a great loss

29-01-2008, 13:14
When I read such messages I think the writer is more than a bast*rd. When I see that it comes from YOU Sal, I understand the kind of as*hole you are.

I really wonder if something should happen to you, so the forum will see that after all, you are not a great loss... When I will have taken my decision, I will let you know.

consider his language skills can just go from an insult to another, it is not at all a great loss

SalTheReturn
29-01-2008, 15:27
When I read such messages I think the writer is more than a bast*rd. When I see that it comes from YOU Sal, I understand the kind of as*hole you are.

I really wonder if something should happen to you, so the forum will see that after all, you are not a great loss... When I will have taken my decision, I will let you know.

what are you ranting about Guest?

I was talking about Clean which is in my opinion a not so useful member

why you cant respect other people legitimate opinion it is a total mistery to me.

29-01-2008, 15:35
what are you ranting about Guest?

I was talking about Clean which is in my opinion a not so useful member

I perfectly understood whom you were speaking about.

WHO are you to give such "sentences"? Are YOU a more useful member than anybody else? If you want to speak about this, explain how you can be USEFUL for foreigners in Russia, as you didn't visit Russian since a long time? Do you get your information in your Berlusconi networks?

Your last threads for example "Where is Guest" and "What does Guest like eating" are VERY useful for this forum, for sure!

why you cant respect other people legitimate opinion it is a total mistery to me.

SOME opinions are NOT respectable. Not at all.

__

SalTheReturn
29-01-2008, 15:50
I perfectly understood whom you were speaking about.

WHO are you to give such "sentences"? Are YOU a more useful member than anybody else? If you want to speak about this, explain how you can be USEFUL for foreigners in Russia, as you didn't visit Russian since a long time? Do you get your information in your Berlusconi networks?

Your last threads for example "Where is Guest" and "What does Guest like eating" are VERY useful for this forum, for sure!

SOME opinions are NOT respectable. Not at all.

__

Guest I open those threads to have a smile, one worked the other not, thats as simple as that

i use this site for having fun Guest,that mkight be weird to you but thats the way i see the crappy internet world

if clean32 was a useful poster, dude I gotta be superman!!!
all the guy knew was offending other people and speaking about history, there is no piece of info he has delivered whilst i provided phone numbers, helped in the ensurance thread (and in many others), assumed a positive attitude on this site just after clean left

then he lives in yaroslav so really cannot know much about moscow

you know my full name Guest so you may also know what kind of collaborations i had in moscow (please do not reveal it, people here can be pretty nasty and hatred-driven), what you are telling me it is strange because the people talking to me usually recognize quite a huge experience about russia, even in russia lots of people received my cultured help

take care mate

Sal

Penelope
29-01-2008, 16:00
Sal, Clean32 has lived in Russia (Russia is not only Moscow, remember) for several years already. That's longer than you. He has a lot of experience as an expat in several countries, and has a lot of knowledge to share.

I agree that he, along with you, dick, and Bels, got into several mud-slinging matches, which marred his message.

If you've "changed" and are trying to make a "positive contribution to the forum", why do you continually dig these old incidents up? Let it go.

SalTheReturn
29-01-2008, 16:09
Sal, Clean32 has lived in Russia (Russia is not only Moscow, remember) for several years already. That's longer than you. He has a lot of experience as an expat in several countries, and has a lot of knowledge to share.

I agree that he, along with you, dick, and Bels, got into several mud-slinging matches, which marred his message.

If you've "changed" and are trying to make a "positive contribution to the forum", why do you continually dig these old incidents up? Let it go.

All individuals on this site do know that I am behaving perfectly on this site and I am in the right spirit to contribute to it in a positive manner

I have not taken the Clean32's issue, I am just happy he does not come here often and hope he will stay clear from expat.ru which is finally a nice site
but this is my opinion

As usual your statements are weak, easy-to-shoot-down, denote little ability to discuss and persuade your interlocutort that he is wrong

ok start the following and when you get to sth interesting you let me know

1)i have provided more info than clean
2)i know about russia more than him and LOTS of other people
3)the world is full of examples of people who have resided shortly in a foreign country, collected info, and released world bestsellers, freaking good travel guide, wrote cultured columns in newspaper...this is to say that your weak statement is not enough to make a worthy example

take care

Sal

29-01-2008, 17:26
Sal,

About clean, as Penelope said, he AT LEAST is living in Russia! I add that we cannot suspect him to be one these expats that are a lot in Moscow who came here only to get money, as Clean is living in a Yaroslavl! It isn't rich Moscow!!! It means he has some serious reasons to come here, AND if he STAYS here as he is since a few YEARS, he FOR SURE has some interesting feedbacks and experience he can - and he does - share here on this forum.

About YOU: Yes I perfectly know your background in Russia, and that is exactly why I write! And when you write "you may also know what kind of collaborations i had in moscow", I just laugh!! Because I also know why and how your "employer" kicked your ass and told you to hit the road! So, your "huge experience about russia", LOL!

You make me think about these "reporters" who create nice reports from their NY or Paris office! You from your Italian bedroom!

SalTheReturn
29-01-2008, 17:43
Sal,

About clean, as Penelope said, he AT LEAST is living in Russia! I add that we cannot suspect him to be one these expats that are a lot in Moscow who came here only to get money, as Clean is living in a Yaroslavl! It isn't rich Moscow!!! It means he has some serious reasons to come here, AND if he STAYS here as he is since a few YEARS, he FOR SURE has some interesting feedbacks and experience he can - and he does - share here on this forum.

About YOU: Yes I perfectly know your background in Russia, and that is exactly why I write! And when you write "you may also know what kind of collaborations i had in moscow", I just laugh!! Because I also know why and how your "employer" kicked your ass and told you to hit the road! So, your "huge experience about russia", LOL!

You make me think about these "reporters" who create nice reports from their NY or Paris office! You from your Italian bedroom!

Ok thanks a lot Guest you have just disappointed me, this time for real
in fact you have my full name and then not even able to get your fact straights: formally warned does not mean to be fired. LOL LOL

You respect Clean32? Good, good for you. I do not and I am free to joy because he left the site.
Piece of info he gave: none. People he pissed off: lots of.

Let me also give you my humble impartial objective pure opinion. This is site for Moscow mainly, someone living in Yaroslav cant give much.

I am in Italy right but my interest in russia and russians is admirable, know lots of stuff and people Guest, I keep myself updated. I know about Russia.

Take care

Sal

29-01-2008, 18:03
I am in Italy right but my interest in russia and russians is admirable, know lots of stuff and people Guest, I keep myself updated. I know about Russia.

I love such modest people :elf:

Korotky Gennady
29-01-2008, 23:40

So who knows what happend to Clean ?

britpat1
30-01-2008, 01:39
I want to learn drive in Russia but I want to do it legitimately. How does one go about it legitimately in Russia? People should keep to the laws and try not to get involved in corruption and it is a bad excuse to suggest that there is corruption so take advantage of it. There are different degrees of corruption in the world, this is normal, as a country gets richer, the more complex the corruption is. However, just because there is corruption, does not mean that you should take advantage of it. Take the proper legitimate route. It is better and safer. I know that it takes longer but it's the law!

britpat1
30-01-2008, 14:15
Having said that I realise that there is a anti-foriegn sentiment from certain quarters and if you choose to buy a driving license it is your own personal choice as an adult.

Just because you are an expat does not mean that there should be contradictions from certain people and you criticsed for your post on how to purchase a Russian DL.

In fact, if other people can advertise on the matter of how to get Sky television then why should you not be able to buy a driving license or post about it. You have not purchased it yet, you are simply making enquiries. Just as the other poster is about the Sky television post.

Or do the rules on corruption not apply to Russian poster's and corruption is limited to natives only?

Where there is a supply, there is a demand. What about the people who sell these services, are they immune from critique?

People are more judgmental because it is a expatasking the question... Whats good for the goose...

Judge
30-01-2008, 14:53
Having said that I realise that there is a anti-foriegn sentiment from certain quarters and if you choose to buy a driving license it is your own personal choice as an adult.

Just because you are an expat does not mean that there should be contradictions from certain people and you criticsed for your post on how to purchase a Russian DL.

In fact, if other people can advertise on the matter of how to get Sky television then why should you not be able to buy a driving license or post about it. You have not purchased it yet, you are simply making enquiries. Just as the other poster is about the Sky television post.

Or do the rules on corruption not apply to Russian poster's and corruption is limited to natives only?

Where there is a supply, there is a demand. What about the people who sell these services, are they immune from critique?

People are more judgmental because it is a expatasking the question... Whats good for the goose...

Sky TV is legal(http://www.expat.ru/forum/expat-ru-house-film-books-tv/61298-sky-tv.html#post338925)l a dodgy driving license isn't.
Another difference between the two is,one can kill and the other is harmless.

The funny thing about this thread is that the starter of the thread only made one post,strange that is,maybe he just wanted to stir things up.

britpat1
30-01-2008, 15:13
Sky is not legal here as it breaches Licensing laws. You are wrong.

SalTheReturn
30-01-2008, 16:23
Judge someone can know how to drive without having a license

it is usually then the russians killing pedestrians:-)

Judge
31-01-2008, 06:41
Judge someone can know how to drive without having a license

it is usually then the russians killing pedestrians:-)

Very true Sal, the same for people who bought a dodgy licence.People who go for the easy way out cause accidents,they don't have the right training and have no respect for the law.

Willy
01-02-2008, 00:21
Breaking the law,:1306: breaking the law

sevan
01-02-2008, 10:28

I have not read through all 4 pages of Guest's nastiness (surprise, surprise), so forgive if someone tried to answer this question.

You don't need to buy a Russian drivers license because:
1) If you have a valid foreign drivers license you can just get a notarized translation of it that will be valid for as long as the foreign license is valid.
2) If you have a valid foreign drivers license you can often buy an "international license" that some of the traffic cops will accept, but the notarized translation of your license is better and cheaper and probably faster.
3) If you don't have a valid foreign drivers license it begs the question "why don't you have a license," and "are you an experienced driver." There may be some legitimate answers to this, but generally I can't say I support the practice of buying licences (by foreigners OR Russians) as Moscow doesn't need any more idiots on the road.

Also, not sure if it was mentioned, but the fact that Russia lets you drive with a translation of your foreign license is quite a "liberal" practice - the US requires you to pass a US license test (I only wish that every driver from Quebec was required to take that test before being allowed into Vermont ;))

01-02-2008, 19:46
"that some of the traffic cops will accept",
"is quite a "liberal" practice",

In fact you are just giving cops a good reason to ask bribes from the drivers who will follow your recommendations! Thank you for them!

Rustralian
02-02-2008, 02:47
I have not read through all 4 pages of Guest's nastiness (surprise, surprise), so forgive if someone tried to answer this question.

You don't need to buy a Russian drivers license because:
1) If you have a valid foreign drivers license you can just get a notarized translation of it that will be valid for as long as the foreign license is valid.
2) If you have a valid foreign drivers license you can often buy an "international license" that some of the traffic cops will accept, but the notarized translation of your license is better and cheaper and probably faster.
3) If you don't have a valid foreign drivers license it begs the question "why don't you have a license," and "are you an experienced driver." There may be some legitimate answers to this, but generally I can't say I support the practice of buying licences (by foreigners OR Russians) as Moscow doesn't need any more idiots on the road.

Also, not sure if it was mentioned, but the fact that Russia lets you drive with a translation of your foreign license is quite a "liberal" practice - the US requires you to pass a US license test (I only wish that every driver from Quebec was required to take that test before being allowed into Vermont ;))

:suspect:
I think you need to get some of your information about licenses and what is and isn't allowed clarified. If you read my earlier post about IDP's you will learn how you obtain a legal right to drive in Russia (and pretty much anywhere else) without holding a Russian licence.

As far as the notarised translation goes, that is bad advice, as it is not the requirement that Russia has adopted for foreigners temporarily driving in Russia under the relevant UN Treaty (and agreed to as law for Russia), so a notarised translation is not compliance with the UN Treaty and the Police are quite within their rights to ignore the translation as it is not the legal manner by which Russia has said foreign visitors can drive in Russia.

As for the 'liberal' attitude of Russia being different to the US, that is incorrect. Russia (like pretty much every other country in the world - including the US) allows you to drive with your local licence (accompanied by an IDP as issued under the appropriate UN Treaty) for "temporary" driving. If you live in Russia (which includes temporary residents) the Russian Police are quite within their right to NOT allow you to use your local licence with an IDP as you are no longer just visiting Russia, but living here. If you are living here the Police can require you to hold a Russian licence and do the required exams to hold that licence.

02-02-2008, 08:55
Good and complete reply that should make people understand that a RF driving licence is REQUESTED for anybody unless tourists.

I think you need to get some of your information about licenses and what is and isn't allowed clarified. If you read my earlier post about IDP's you will learn how you obtain a legal right to drive in Russia (and pretty much anywhere else) without holding a Russian licence.

As far as the notarised translation goes, that is bad advice, as it is not the requirement that Russia has adopted for foreigners temporarily driving in Russia under the relevant UN Treaty (and agreed to as law for Russia), so a notarised translation is not compliance with the UN Treaty and the Police are quite within their rights to ignore the translation as it is not the legal manner by which Russia has said foreign visitors can drive in Russia.

As for the 'liberal' attitude of Russia being different to the US, that is incorrect. Russia (like pretty much every other country in the world - including the US) allows you to drive with your local licence (accompanied by an IDP as issued under the appropriate UN Treaty) for "temporary" driving. If you live in Russia (which includes temporary residents) the Russian Police are quite within their right to NOT allow you to use your local licence with an IDP as you are no longer just visiting Russia, but living here. If you are living here the Police can require you to hold a Russian licence and do the required exams to hold that licence.

maori
02-02-2008, 14:03
Thank u guest

Clean32
02-02-2008, 22:27
Good and complete reply that should make people understand that a RF driving licence is REQUESTED for anybody unless tourists.

Required!!!
even

02-02-2008, 22:30
Required!!!
even

Well, the BC spooks finally admitted their crimes and quickly left the place so WHO will teach me English language? :yikes:

Ralo
03-02-2008, 23:44
I took the test three times with an Interpreter at GBDD. Passed the third time. Get a disk at garbushka with all the question/situations and learn them.

I just selected the correct answers from the situations shown in the disk.

But you know, I am still confused when I see a red and a green on the traffic signal as well as a yield, and then a stop sign. ( coming on to rublovska from the MKAD ) which one is the temporary sign, or does it depend on wheather the policeman is standing there ---maybe that makes him the temporary control which has the authority in the situation??

Clean32
04-02-2008, 15:40
If you can take a picture, that would be cool

I took the test three times with an Interpreter at GBDD. Passed the third time. Get a disk at garbushka with all the question/situations and learn them.

I just selected the correct answers from the situations shown in the disk.

But you know, I am still confused when I see a red and a green on the traffic signal as well as a yield, and then a stop sign. ( coming on to rublovska from the MKAD ) which one is the temporary sign, or does it depend on wheather the policeman is standing there ---maybe that makes him the temporary control which has the authority in the situation??

newonder
19-02-2008, 21:50
I have managed to obtain a driving license for my expat friends. the only disadvantage is that it is valid throughout the visa duration (which i think is 1 year max), so next time you have to extend the DL

vantru
22-02-2008, 19:08

I would like to ask you (or Guest), if possible, a clarification about the notarized translation of your DL.
I read somewhere that the Resolution of the Russian Government # 808 dated 21/11/2001 says (more or less):
"Anyone can drive on a valid national driving license with a notarized translation".
Is this a real law or is it some BS that someone that had nothing better to do wrote in here??

Thanks in advance

capital
08-03-2008, 17:12
No problem RF license. I can can get it done for you. David XXXXXXXXXXX

08-03-2008, 17:33
No problem RF license. I can can get it done for you. David XXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for your phone number, I will use it :10310:

SalTheReturn
08-03-2008, 18:54

but it was edited...how did you get it?

Rustralian
10-03-2008, 03:21
but it was edited...how did you get it?

Before the edit took place ....

Willy
10-03-2008, 04:14
Before the edit took place ....

Durrrr

I know reported!

Reca
13-03-2008, 20:53

Can you make my also a russian driver licence?
Here is my phone number [Phone number deleted by Moderator . . . please use PM feature for personal information]

ezik
13-03-2008, 21:19
Reca, please read the forum rules. Then read this post again. And then consider yourself lucky that your phone number was deleted.

No-one can BUY a license here. Attempting to do so can get you into a lot of trouble.

05-06-2008, 20:10
based on personal expirience - get yourself an US drivers licence (1200 bucks if you already have DL or 1800 if you don't) and then go to 6th radialnaya street, 3, fill some blanks,pay 2800roubles and get a russian DL.
worst case scenarion - 3 months.

svelt
06-06-2008, 21:59
sorry ezik for once i have to disagree. although i took my test here the proper way it is certainly possible to buy a licence in russia. not maybe in that other country moscow but yes in russia.

if anyone wants an international driving licence, good for u.k. as well, then get hold of a copy of any free english language paper in spain. look for the adverts for zambian licences.
a zambian licence can be bought by post for 50 euros plus the foto and the bits. this is a legal deal similar to how it was done in the uk maybe 60+ years ago when you just had to go to the post office and fill in the form.
the thing with this licence is that it complies with all international treaties governing such matters and you can drive in the uk even if you are banned for drink driving on a uk licence. getting insurance is a different matter, you must declare a drink drive conviction.

i also have a legally obtained russian crane drivers licence... anyone bid me 50 for that??

Rustralian
09-06-2008, 12:18
sorry ezik for once i have to disagree. although i took my test here the proper way it is certainly possible to buy a licence in russia. not maybe in that other country moscow but yes in russia.

I think Ezik was more referring to no-one can buy a licence using the Forum, than whether you can buy one in Moscow/Russia. The Forum rules prohibit illegal activity and buying a Russian MDL, whether possible or not, is certainly not a lawful activity.

if anyone wants an international driving licence, good for u.k. as well, then get hold of a copy of any free english language paper in spain. look for the adverts for zambian licences.
a zambian licence can be bought by post for 50 euros plus the foto and the bits. this is a legal deal similar to how it was done in the uk maybe 60+ years ago when you just had to go to the post office and fill in the form.
the thing with this licence is that it complies with all international treaties governing such matters and you can drive in the uk even if you are banned for drink driving on a uk licence. getting insurance is a different matter, you must declare a drink drive conviction.

The Zambian licence isn't an international licence, it is a domestic Zambian licence that in theory could be used to obtain an International Driving Permit as Zambia are a signatory to the 1949 convention on IDP's.

As for the legality of the Zambian licence being provided via the post to non-residents of Zambia, while I haven't recently had the opportunity to read the Zambian laws on MDL's, it would be very surprising if it is legal, as the purpose of domestic drivers licences are that they are issued to residents of a jurisdiction. The general principles governing domestic legislation is that it applies to the people living there, not foreigners, that is why there have been 3 International Conventions about IDP's and international driving rights. The old way of getting a MDL in the UK of rocking up to the local post office, was all about the fact that you lived in the UK and were able to rock up to the local post office.

As to using a Zambian postal ordered MDL with a valid IDP to drive in the UK when disqualified from driving in the UK on your UK licence, again, have not checked the UK laws recently, but it would be very surprising if it was legal. I would suspect that the UK laws (like in most countries) would handle the disqualification so that it applies to the person being disqualified from driving and their UK licence is suspended/cancelled as well. It is not likely to be that you are only disqualified from driving on a UK licence - especially now as the UK is part of the EU, but that you are disqualified from driving and your licence is automatically suspended/cancelled. If that is the case (and I am pretty sure it will be) and you drive with any licence - legally obtained or not, then you would be in breach of the disqualification order. :redcard:

bunnybunny77
16-07-2008, 11:52
send tel no

bunnybunny77
16-07-2008, 12:16
wanna contact with english talking friends

sus0000
19-07-2008, 01:16
hey

I would like to buy a Russian driving licence plz Contact me:
s_henna07@hotmail.com

thanks

help
24-10-2008, 15:51
thanks a lot because i had the same question

please guys give us some info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello
I am writing about my sister that she has cancer and it is her wish and have a license, it is possible to buy DL. I am ready to pay.

Do you know of where I can buy licenses It will be a big help for me.

and I am ready to travel

Thank you for your help

email me : s_henna07@hotmail.com