PDA

View Full Version : Where to get this Certificate

TruleighZak
29-05-2014, 10:58
Hi all,

I hope someone can help. I'm in a same sex relationship with a Russian guy and we are intending upon having a Civil Partnership at a UK Embassy abroad where he doesn't need a visa. However, they need a Certificate of no Impediment for him but I understand they do not exist in Russia?

We've tried searching online but it doesn't say much. Does anyone have experience of this or know what/where or how we can resolve this. Is there a letter of some kind he can obtain. Can he do this locally? Any links?

Thanks for any help.

Matt24
29-05-2014, 13:04
Congratulations,

It's so many years ago that the rules might have changed, BUT Russians, at least the ones married in Russia, get a stamp in there passports when they are married and a second stamp if and when they divorce - I think a notarized copy of my wife's passport was sufficient evidence of 'no impediment' at the time.

FatAndy
29-05-2014, 13:22
It's so many years ago that the rules might have changed
We never had and don't plan to have such "certificates" for the nearest future.

Russians, at least the ones married in Russia, get a stamp in there passports when they are married and a second stamp if and when they divorce
This is true for internal passports only. Foreign (Zagran) passport has no marriage/divorce options, only children fields are available.

VicY
29-05-2014, 14:55
This is true for internal passports only. Foreign (Zagran) passport has no marriage/divorce options, only children fields are available.

That might mean he has to translate those pages in the domestic passport...provided there is ANYTHING to translate! ;)