PDA

View Full Version : Moscow Metro being Privatised?

Alan65
22-05-2014, 12:43
Quite a big contract to let to one company, probably north of $ 30 bn and it looks like a classis Design, Build and Finance, no mention of the systems, rolling stock or operations but I would imagine that China International Fund will remain the asset owner for a considerable time....is this the beginning of privatization?

http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/news/europe/single-view/view/moscow-signs-metro-construction-agreement.html

Alan65
22-05-2014, 19:46
Quite a big contract to let to one company, probably north of $ 30 bn and it looks like a classis Design, Build and Finance, no mention of the systems, rolling stock or operations but I would imagine that China International Fund will remain the asset owner for a considerable time....is this the beginning of privatization?

http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/news/europe/single-view/view/moscow-signs-metro-construction-agreement.html

So, despite all of the oil and gas wealth in Russia, Russia can not fund her own Metro expansion like Qatar, Saudi etc and has to turn to the Chinese for funding, then hand over all of the property rights for development to the Chinese.

Benedikt
22-05-2014, 20:01
So, despite all of the oil and gas wealth in Russia, Russia can not fund her own Metro expansion like Qatar, Saudi etc and has to turn to the Chinese for funding, then hand over all of the property rights for development to the Chinese.

and -we- will pay forever and a day. where is ex mayor Yuri Luzhkov who vehemently refused such a project, insisting the local companies shape up and pull their fingers out of their backs and get working.....

Benedikt
22-05-2014, 20:02
[QUOTE=Alan65;1311189]Quite a big contract to let to one company, probably north of $ 30 bn and it looks like a classic Design, Build and Finance, no mention of the systems, rolling stock or operations but I would imagine that China International Fund will remain the asset owner for a considerable time....is this the beginning of privatization?

they did not mention the service contract....

Alan65
22-05-2014, 22:30
and -we- will pay forever and a day. where is ex mayor Yuri Luzhkov who vehemently refused such a project, insisting the local companies shape up and pull their fingers out of their backs and get working.....

Hey Ben...I think this is a good deal for Russia, you get a new Metro, okay the Chinese get all of the oversite developemnts, get to develop the land near new metro stations etc ....but come on, this is a good deal for Russia, II may have got the numbers wrong, it more looking like $200bn for China but dont take my word for it.

I am sure VicY or Vossy can tell us all about route 3 from Hong Kong to China and the involvement of Sun Hung Kai and Chung Kong Holdings.

All in all a good day for Russia.

Benedikt
22-05-2014, 22:55
All in all a good day for Russia.[/QUOTE]

Siemens sold a high speed train to China. The Chinese included also in the contract -2 years time for training our local engineers or no contract- (no 30 years service fees....)

vossy7
23-05-2014, 05:21
Hey Ben...I think this is a good deal for Russia, you get a new Metro, okay the Chinese get all of the oversite developemnts, get to develop the land near new metro stations etc ....but come on, this is a good deal for Russia, II may have got the numbers wrong, it more looking like $200bn for China but dont take my word for it.

I am sure VicY or Vossy can tell us all about route 3 from Hong Kong to China and the involvement of Sun Hung Kai and Chung Kong Holdings.

All in all a good day for Russia.

Confucius say "man who drive truck have no f$%^&*( idea about train ,stick to drive truck" :D

penka
23-05-2014, 09:54
Confucius say "man who drive truck have no f$%^&*( idea about train ,stick to drive truck" :D

:D:D:D

FatAndy
23-05-2014, 12:57
Quite a big contract to let to one company, probably north of $ 30 bn and it looks like a classis Design, Build and Finance,
Not yet, only the agreement on cooperation. CRCC will define the level of cooperation after some investigations/workaround: http://www.mosinzhproekt.ru/page/60/151

I would imagine that China International Fund will remain the asset owner for a considerable time
I would imagine your imagination is a bit over-developed ;)

is this the beginning of privatization?
Privatization of what?