PDA

View Full Version : Have you googled yourself recently?

vossy7
13-05-2014, 21:26
I am in Dubai at present and just looking at the news about the Google data ruling on TV......this means that you have the right to request the removal of anything you don't like what comes up on the search.......what do you think?

Capman
13-05-2014, 22:05
That sounds odd ...

There are way too many people on Google with my name for me to worry about what they share about me LoL.

Benedikt
13-05-2014, 22:30
I am in Dubai at present and just looking at the news about the Google data ruling on TV......this means that you have the right to request the removal of anything you don't like what comes up on the search.......what do you think?

but since it is all in german language:groan: it is in the multi lingual section.;)
and it is for (the time being?) for EU citizens only.:groan: suppose the rest will soon follow, or what?:applause:

Russian Lad
13-05-2014, 22:37
Ben, you seem to have been very nervous recently. What is it? You are supposed to be as cheerful and gung-ho as most of the Russians.

Benedikt
14-05-2014, 03:49
Ben, you seem to have been very nervous recently. What is it? You are supposed to be as cheerful and gung-ho as most of the Russians.

no reason to be nervous...
what gives you that impression?

Russian Lad
14-05-2014, 03:55
what gives you that impression?

The abundance of emoticons, which is not your usual self. As far as I know German-speakers, it is an indication that you have been overly excited today.:)

Benedikt
14-05-2014, 07:34
The abundance of emoticons, which is not your usual self. As far as I know German-speakers, it is an indication that you have been overly excited today.:)

i just thought to make the answer look longer, these -groan- things are quite big. instead of just using words without any -emotions- as i usually do. but has nothing to do with me being overly nervous,excited or whatever.

tonytony
16-05-2014, 13:26
Have you googled yourself recently?

Well I've got the same name as a moderately famous tv/film star. So all I get is stuff about him.

By the way, he changed his name to be the same as mine

Russian Lad
16-05-2014, 13:30
Have you googled yourself recently?

I suggest a new name for a new Russian search engine: goolag.ru

okiey
16-05-2014, 13:59
My name gets 104,000,000 hits so might take me a while to sift through it all.

TolkoRaz
16-05-2014, 15:35

For many years, I pay a company to conduct weekly trawls for my real name on the WWW. Once found, the process to remove links is undertaken! :10310:

Russian Lad
16-05-2014, 15:55
For many years, I pay a company to conduct weekly trawls for my real name on the WWW. Once found, the process to remove links is undertaken!

Sure. Now we know who wants to ban Twitter...

TolkoRaz
16-05-2014, 17:01
Sure. Now we know who wants to ban Twitter...

For various reasons, I am not on Twitter, FaceBook / ВКонтакте, Linkedin etc :book:

natlee
16-05-2014, 17:23
My name gets 104,000,000 hits so might take me a while to sift through it all. I know what it is, too! :yikes:

Suuryaa
16-05-2014, 17:45
For many years, I pay a company to conduct weekly trawls for my real name on the WWW. Once found, the process to remove links is undertaken! :10310:

Are you aware that it's a usual practice of companies to look through an applicant's account in Facebook, Vk, etc? If you have nothing there, it looks suspicious. So, if you want to be hired in the future, you'll have problems...

natlee
16-05-2014, 17:52
Are you aware that it's a usual practice of companies to look through an applicant's account in Facebook, Vk, etc? If you have nothing there, it looks suspicious. So, if you want to be hired in the future, you'll have problems... LOL! Is today April Fool's? :D

Suuryaa
16-05-2014, 17:58
LOL! Is today April Fool's? :D

:question:

FatAndy
16-05-2014, 18:42
Are you aware that it's a usual practice of companies to look through an applicant's account in Facebook, Vk, etc?
It is usual practice on the rotten West and in those RF companies who follows. In addition, it is applicable to office plankton only. ;)

If you have nothing there, it looks suspicious. So, if you want to be hired in the future, you'll have problems...
Of course I'll have problems, if I'll allow myself to be hired by clinical idiots. :)

LOL! Is today April Fool's? :D
No.
Once I read that US police said regarding somewhat teenager it's very suspicious when a boy or a girl in this age has no account in that F@#$book.
:jawdrop:
You're out of the row, understand? This means, you don't follow herd. This means, you're not controllable and your behaviour is not predictable.

TolkoRaz
16-05-2014, 19:02
Are you aware that it's a usual practice of companies to look through an applicant's account in Facebook, Vk, etc? If you have nothing there, it looks suspicious. So, if you want to be hired in the future, you'll have problems...

Thanks for the tip, but most of my current and former colleagues do not position themselves on the WWW, but they are all still in employment and are magnificently paid for their skillset ;)

FatAndy
16-05-2014, 19:17
and magnificently paid for their skillset ;)
[...enviously sighs, leaning on a stonecrusher...:shame:]

TolkoRaz
16-05-2014, 19:31
[...enviously sighs, leaning on a stonecrusher...:shame:]

Most earn good money, but they do not have the time to enjoy it!

Sometimes quality of life is more important, so enjoy working the stonecrusher! ;)