PDA

View Full Version : Russia suspends operation of US GPS signal transmission stations as of June 1

Delta268
13-05-2014, 19:25
http://lenta.ru/comments/news/2014/05/13/gps/

http://en.itar-tass.com/world/731443

FatAndy
13-05-2014, 19:33
It is not signal transmission but control/communications stations. Satellite signals won't be affected.

Russian Lad
13-05-2014, 20:18
An interesting move. So, Russia has decided to sanction itself? I have never minded using a comp**** I wonder what other Russians think. :watching: Any, can you explain what you mean?
I would suggest we also ban computers and return typewriters. Preferably mechanical ones, to save on electricity.

FatAndy
13-05-2014, 20:33
I would suggest we also ban computers and return typewriters. Preferably mechanical ones, to save on electricity.
No, typewriters were also invented by rotten West. We'll use goose quills. :verycool:

rusmeister
13-05-2014, 21:12
No, typewriters were also invented by rotten West. We'll use goose quills. :verycool:

You joke here, but I can see how that would drastically limit the power of the media to dominate people's minds. The people that voluntarily did this would become a people freer than any other in the long run.

Russian Lad
13-05-2014, 21:15
You joke here, but I can see how that would drastically limit the power of the media to dominate people's minds. The people that voluntarily did this would become a people freer than any other in the long run.

There is still TV and newspapers.

Delta268
13-05-2014, 21:26
If these things are switched off, use of GPS in Russia will become substantially more unreliable, regardless of this being ground stations

Delta268
13-05-2014, 21:28
Местоположение устройства с приемником определяется путем вычисления расстояния от него до нескольких спутников, расположение которых известно. Расстояние вычисляется измерением задержки радиосигнала - разницы между временем отправки сигнала со спутника и временем получения этого сигнала на Земле. При этом важно максимально точно определить координаты самих спутников - для этого и нужны наземные станции. Дело в том, что Земля не является идеальным шаром, поэтому прогнозировать орбиты спутников на продолжительное время невозможно: любые модели расчетов имеют погрешности и нуждаются в периодической корректировке с помощью наземных станций.

Читать полностью: http://top.rbc.ru/politics/13/05/2014/923522.shtml

Remington
13-05-2014, 22:31
If these things are switched off, use of GPS in Russia will become substantially more unreliable, regardless of this being ground stations

I guess we'll see more plane crashes in Russia when fuel runs out and not finding the airport when GPS is turned off. :eek:

Benedikt
13-05-2014, 22:32

the Russian System...:applause:
have to learn the lingo of course?

FatAndy
14-05-2014, 08:05
I guess we'll see more plane crashes in Russia when fuel runs out and not finding the airport when GPS is turned off. :eek:
Since when GPS has became the basic nav system on airplanes?

sashadidi
15-05-2014, 08:09
the Russian System...:applause:
have to learn the lingo of course?

A repost of mine:
Дмитрий Медведев неожиданно прибыл во Владикавказ, он наверно по своему новому навигатору с глонассом домой ехал...

vossy7
15-05-2014, 08:37
An interesting move. So, Russia has decided to sanction itself? I have never minded using a comp**** I wonder what other Russians think. :watching: Any, can you explain what you mean?

Ahh no Rl, I would never like a return to fat key banging fingers ......I prefer the long thin , piano playing type......fingers that is :mml:

Korotky Gennady
17-05-2014, 01:23
A repost of mine:
Дмитрий Медведев неожиданно прибыл во Владикавказ, он наверно по своему новому навигатору с глонассом домой ехал...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpcKfFrluls#ws