PDA

View Full Version : Nice Updates to the Site

elis
18-01-2008, 12:19
I haven't been on the site for almost a month--if not more. What with getting ready to move here and staying at my parents' house where there's only dailup connection. Anyhow, just wanted to let you know that I like what you've done with the updated forum listings, more specific subheadings, etc. Good job!!:applause:

TD
18-01-2008, 15:56
coming soon - a "New Ad" button for the Marketplace forums... seems the new system has a few folks confused

TD
18-01-2008, 22:08
"New Thread" buttons are back in all the Marketplace forums - they now redirect to the main interface for creating new ads :-)

SalTheReturn
19-01-2008, 15:58
dunno but personally think before it was better, lots of posts are almost non viewed at all because people are out off by the soviet-style graphic

what was wrong before you decided to change?

Penelope
28-01-2008, 14:43
I think the new quote style looks more modern, but it is more difficult to differentiate the text in the quote from the text in the response.

Quoted text used to be set off in a gray box, and in italics. Now it's just set off by one giant quotation mark, but the text is the same as the responder's--on white background, and also not italic or bold.

Is there a way to adjust the new quote style to differentiate the quoted text from the reponse?

Edit: I've just noticed that the quoted text is in italic. Still, it would personally be easier for me to quicky distinguish between the quoted text and the reponse if there were a box behind, or a different color text, maybe.

Miracle77777
29-01-2008, 00:10
I think the new quote style looks more modern, but it is more difficult to differentiate the text in the quote from the text in the response.

Quoted text used to be set off in a gray box, and in italics. Now it's just set off by one giant quotation mark, but the text is the same as the responder's--on white background, and also not italic or bold.

Is there a way to adjust the new quote style to differentiate the quoted text from the reponse?

Edit: I've just noticed that the quoted text is in italic. Still, it would personally be easier for me to quicky distinguish between the quoted text and the reponse if there were a box behind, or a different color text, maybe.

Agree with Penelope....if quoted text will be simply darker than post itself...or framed - will be quite easier for communication.....:iagree: Thanks..

TD
30-01-2008, 02:47
Good points... I will see what can be done with text color perhaps

I do much prefer the new style though - it just looks a lot classier :-)

TD
30-01-2008, 02:55
Better now?

Miracle77777
30-01-2008, 17:08
Better now?

^^
PS: where did u find that smile?? :question:

TD
30-01-2008, 22:03
PS: where did u find that smile?? :question:

have a look at this thread
(http://www.expat.ru/forum/announcements/56335-spice-up-your-posts-some-vb-code.html)

Miracle77777
30-01-2008, 23:40
Miracle :D

elis
02-02-2008, 09:58
New design on reply buttons, etc. are nice too. Very snazzy.

Buttons? That doesn't sound right--but you know what I mean.

SalTheReturn
02-02-2008, 13:55
cant put it in understandable english TD but when you post on the classified section following the ad of the OP you do not see who made the last post but still the OP only

this no good because everytime you will have to look if someone else commented, in my case doesnt work, write a comment and abandon it

got my point mate?