PDA

View Full Version : Moskva River today!HOW can THAT happen?

Benedikt
21-04-2014, 09:22
every morning when walking the dogs, we also take stale bread, or bread left by shashlik revellers and feed the ducks. there is one place where they congregate, the ducks, and we can hear their noise from quite far away.
also,along the bank there are always ducks and we feed them as well.
today (easter monday) there was not a single one.
and from the looks at the pictures one does not have to guess why not.
wonder what happened. since there is oil and debris together, i would assume that the ice at the -rechnoy vokzal- has cracked, or been broken by icebreakers. (cruise season starts soon. when i was working on the ships we were allowed only to go in convoy,with an ice breaker up front... it was the 6th of May...)

and now all the accumulated gunk is floating downriver...

MashaSashina
21-04-2014, 11:34
I wouldn't want to be a duck in Moscow... :(

Benedikt
21-04-2014, 11:40

hopefully once the gunk has floated away, they will come back.

vossy7
21-04-2014, 12:27
terrible, the bottom pic looks like you have found the loch Mos monster !

Benedikt
21-04-2014, 13:31
terrible, the bottom pic looks like you have found the loch Mos monster !

should have kept quiet and old it to the newspapers as the -Strogino Watersnake- and made lots of $$$$$$...

TolkoRaz
21-04-2014, 14:01

It would not be as bad as being a fish! :p

Alan65
21-04-2014, 14:14
every morning when walking the dogs, we also take stale bread, or bread left by shashlik revellers and feed the ducks. there is one place where they congregate, the ducks, and we can hear their noise from quite far away.
also,along the bank there are always ducks and we feed them as well.
today (easter monday) there was not a single one.
and from the looks at the pictures one does not have to guess why not.
wonder what happened. since there is oil and debris together, i would assume that the ice at the -rechnoy vokzal- has cracked, or been broken by icebreakers. (cruise season starts soon. when i was working on the ships we were allowed only to go in convoy,with an ice breaker up front... it was the 6th of May...)

and now all the accumulated gunk is floating downriver...

Perhaps you should call Greenpeace, they are good at this environmental stuff :D

Benedikt
21-04-2014, 14:34
Perhaps you should call Greenpeace, they are good at this environmental stuff :D

by the time they come all the gunk has floated down the river. and they are only -good- with the -big picture- that more often than not i don't understand....

TolkoRaz
21-04-2014, 15:42

Yes, why not, I am sure they would enjoy a visit to Lefortovo which offers far superior facilities to the prisons in the North! ;)