PDA

View Full Version : Deep under Moscow

robertmf
19-04-2014, 02:03
Report from the U.S. Department of Defense:
In 1991 , the United States Department of Defense published a report entitled Military forces in transition, which devoted several pages to a secret government underground in Moscow. It also included a diagram of the system superimposed on a map of the city.

“The Soviets have constructed deep-underground both in urban Moscow and outside the city. These facilities are interconnected by a network of deep interconnected subway lines that provide a quick and secure means of evacuation for the leadership. The leadership can move from their peacetime offices through concealed entryways in protective quarters beneath the city.

There are important deep-underground command posts in the Moscow area, one located at the Kremlin. Soviet press has noted the presence of an enormous underground leadership bunker adjacent to Moscow State University.

These facilities are intended for the national command authority in wartime. They are estimated to be 200-300 meters deep, and can accommodate an estimated 10,000 people. A special subway line runs from some points in Moscow and possibly to the VIP terminal at Vnukovo Airfield”

-- English-Russia Secret Moscow Underground (http://englishrussia.com/2014/04/18/secret-moscow-underground-line/) pictures

TolkoRaz
19-04-2014, 10:41
robertmf, The system was and is actually a lot more extensive than mentioned above! ;)

If you ever have a chance, visit: http://www.bunker42.com/

FatAndy
19-04-2014, 11:02
robertmf, The system was and is actually a lot more extensive than mentioned above! ;)

If you ever have a chance, visit: http://www.bunker42.com/

Moreover, every student and even child in MSU in 198x knew what is located under cement factory across Lomonosovsky, and that Chebrikov got his 2nd Lenin Order for this.

So, DoD are just slowpokеs. ;)

TolkoRaz
19-04-2014, 11:16
The Soviets thought they had a well concealed system, but actually despite it being deep below ground, the US of A were able to map its route. The Soviets had overlooked the fact that from high above in the sky, satellites could identify the ventilation shafts through which hot air rose and melted nearby snow and ice at ground level! ;)

I seem to recall that the longest line travels some 200kms to a destination which cannot be mentioned here! ;)

I wonder if they will ever open to the public the special stations for use by the Politburo, one being in the Lenin / Sparrow Hills where many used to live :10310:

vossy7
19-04-2014, 12:01
The Soviets thought they had a well concealed system, but actually despite it being deep below ground, the US of A were able to map its route. The Soviets had overlooked the fact that from high above in the sky, satellites could identify the ventilation shafts through which hot air rose and melted nearby snow and ice at ground level! ;)

I seem to recall that the longest line travels some 200kms to a destination which cannot be mentioned here! ;)

I wonder if they will ever open to the public the special stations for use by the Politburo, one being in the Lenin / Sparrow Hills where many used to live :10310:

Wow, and here I was thinking that the longest one was to Chekov! Actually Chekov is still one on the places where you cannot zoom in satellite in Google/Yandex maps :verycool: