PDA

View Full Version : Multi-entry work visa to RF issued to US citizen in UK?

Digenis Akritas
16-01-2008, 12:09
I've found varying information on the Expat.ru forum so far, so what is the recent experience of United States citizens applying for a 1-year multi-entry work visa to the Russian Federation in person at the Russian Consulate in London, England?

I need to get a new work visa in conjunction with my work permit. The FMS has already issued my company permission to hire me (razreshenie na rabotu), but I am on an old delovaya visa (as opposed to rabochaya visa) at the moment. A lawyer in my company is convinced that I can still be issued a visa in the UK, but I don't want to take any risks. Plus, I haven't been back to the States in a year and a half, so I'd like to go there :)

My task is to find enough information, counsel, etc. in Russian to convince them that they should send me to the States to get the new visa.

Also, if I can convince them that I won't be issued a visa in London in less than 10 days, that will be another plus.

I've tried calling Vadim at Liga, but both lines there are eternally busy.

kazachka
17-01-2008, 22:27
Let me know what you find out. I've pretty much given up and will do my visa run to the US in late March/early April for about a week. I called the DC consulate last week and they will continue to provide same day service for work visas by post. I feel it's such a waste to go all that way for a week, but I need the remaining time of the 35 days I'm allowed to spend there each yr for my trip in the fall ( Chicago Marathon and other races I run for cash at that time). So my visa run isn't a total waste of time and $$$$, I'll time it to coincide this-
index (http://www.chicagoultra.org/)

sevan
19-03-2008, 10:27
Any information/update on this? Were you able to receive the visa in London? How long did it take?

Thanks!

Bels
19-03-2008, 19:48
We've covered this subject several time and very recently, but I see no ham in a repeat. This info from rusemblon.org should help you, in your case, on your favour as you want to return to USA. I've boldened the area you will be most interested in.

GENERAL INFORMATION ON VISAS

Do not visit Russia without first obtaining a visa.

An exit visa is included with the entry visa. When applyng for working or student visa you must also submit HIV Test (AIDS) Certificate.
HOW TO APPLY

Applications may be submitted in person, by an agent or by mail. An application form may be completed by the applicant or by a person acting on their behalf though it must be checked and signed by the applicant in person. The Consulate will not accept handwritten applications and only accepts printed application forms readable by our computer systems.

Failure to meet these requirements may result in refusal of the application.

Schengen State, Estonian and Israeli passport holders should enclose a copy of their insurance certificate valid in Russia for all period of the trip.

USA passport holders are required to fill in a special visa application form.

French passport holders should also enclose copies of their bank statement for the last three months, travel insurance valid in Russia and a copy of their return tickets.

Citizens of Australia, Israel, Turkmenistan and USA cannot apply for the same day visas unless they have a residence permit in the UK. The visa processing timefor these citizens will take from 10 to 14 days,

If you are going to Tajikistan your invitation should be confirmed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country.

Your application can be considered only if you have submitted all necessary documents and can provide evidence to substantiate information given in the application form. The granting of entry clearance is at the discretion of the Russian Consulate. Visa fees are paid for consideration of your documents and they do not guarantee the issue of visa. Visa fees are non-refundable.

Entry to Russia may be refused and airlines may not carry passengers holding passports with less than six months validity. At the border visitors are expected to complete a migration card; to keep it during the trip and return it at the border point when leaving the country. Visitors should register their visas within three working days of arrival in Russia with the local branch of the Ministry of Interior. Most major hotels will do this automatically. Visitors need not register their visas if the visit is for less than three days.

The Consulate reserves the right to invite the applicants for an interview and ask questions on personal, financial, business or corporate related issues as well as on their Russian contacts and partners.

Applications should be submitted from 08.30 to 12.00

Same-day processing is possible unless our staff is overworked.

Processing time, requirements and fees are subject to change without prior notice.

When you receive your visa make sure that all information is correct. The Consulate is not responsible for any misprints or errors in the visa not brought to its attention before your departure from the UK.

The Consular Department of the Embassy is committed to attend you with courtesy and respect. We ask you to treat our staff accordingly. We shall not deal with visitors who act aggressively or use offensive language.

I've found varying information on the Expat.ru forum so far, so what is the recent experience of United States citizens applying for a 1-year multi-entry work visa to the Russian Federation in person at the Russian Consulate in London, England?

I need to get a new work visa in conjunction with my work permit. The FMS has already issued my company permission to hire me (razreshenie na rabotu), but I am on an old delovaya visa (as opposed to rabochaya visa) at the moment. A lawyer in my company is convinced that I can still be issued a visa in the UK, but I don't want to take any risks. Plus, I haven't been back to the States in a year and a half, so I'd like to go there :)

My task is to find enough information, counsel, etc. in Russian to convince them that they should send me to the States to get the new visa.

Also, if I can convince them that I won't be issued a visa in London in less than 10 days, that will be another plus.

I've tried calling Vadim at Liga, but both lines there are eternally busy.

Bels
19-03-2008, 20:01
Work permit info from the Russian Embassy in London

WORK PERMITS FOR FOREIGNERS

Russian companies that wish to employ foreign labour in Russia must apply for a general permit to do so. General permits are issued by regional divisions of the Ministry of Ethnic and Migration Policy and are issued for one year, which may be extended on request. For each individual foreign national, a Russian company requires a “confirmation” of the right to work which is, in effect, a personal work permit. Certain categories of employee are not covered by these requirements, including employees of foreign embassies, scientists and artists working in institutions established in accordance with international agreements, journalists accredited in Russia, crew members of ships and boats, and students on study internships.

Work permits are issued by regional subdivisions of the Federal Migration Service and the exact terms and conditions may therefore vary from region to region (see FMS Moscow official site (in Russian only) . The documents to be submitted with the work permit include:
copies of passport and visa;
results of an HIV test;
copy of the employment contract;
copy of the tax registration certificate of the employer;
copies of the employer's statutory incorporation documents.
Personal accreditation of foreign employees of representative offices

Individuals who are employed by representative offices of foreign companies may apply to the registration body where the representative office is accredited for their own personal accreditation — for example, the State Registration (SRC) will accredit a representative office and will usually allow that representative office to accredit up to five individuals. On application this number may be increased.

Personal accreditation confirms the official status of a representative office's employee and gives that individual the right to work in Russia without needing a separate personal work permit from the Federal Migration Service. Family members of employees may also be granted personal accreditation. The validity of personal accreditation is linked to the term of accreditation of the representative office and thus personal accreditation may be extended only after the accreditation of the representative office of a foreign company is extended.

kapione
19-03-2008, 20:36
now this is info we all can use THANKS EVERYONE

kapione
19-03-2008, 20:40
my wife called the Russian Federation Embassy in Kiev yesterday, they said the same as all the laws say if you do not have residency in Ukraine u will need to wait 10 days for processing, but again a colleauge came back from Kiev and didnt have to wait , nor did he have residency in Ukraine.They did give him grief because he did not speak Russian, nor did he bring anyone to interpret for him, not a very smart move on his behalf......

Bels
19-03-2008, 20:54
my wife called the Russian Federation Embassy in Kiev yesterday, they said the same as all the laws say if you do not have residency in Ukraine u will need to wait 10 days for processing, but again a colleauge came back from Kiev and didnt have to wait , nor did he have residency in Ukraine.They did give him grief because he did not speak Russian, nor did he bring anyone to interpret for him, not a very smart move on his behalf......

If you read posts back from October to December 2007, you will find positive experiences from Americans and one Canadian having visas sameday, but I would like to hear if these positive experiences are still happening now, in 2008.

Bels
19-03-2008, 20:56
Why any nationality has to wait more than one day for a simple personal invitation visa completely baffles me.

Rustralian
20-03-2008, 03:19
Work permit info from the Russian Embassy in London

Personal accreditation of foreign employees of representative offices

Individuals who are employed by representative offices of foreign companies may apply to the registration body where the representative office is accredited for their own personal accreditation for example, the State Registration (SRC) will accredit a representative office and will usually allow that representative office to accredit up to five individuals. On application this number may be increased.

Personal accreditation confirms the official status of a representative office's employee and gives that individual the right to work in Russia without needing a separate personal work permit from the Federal Migration Service. Family members of employees may also be granted personal accreditation. The validity of personal accreditation is linked to the term of accreditation of the representative office and thus personal accreditation may be extended only after the accreditation of the representative office of a foreign company is extended.

I am fairly sure that this is no longer the case, even though it is showing on the website still. The loophole here was closed from other information I have read and the same procedure - work permit as per usual system from the FMS, applies to everyone.