PDA

View Full Version : One born every minute

DaveUKagain
25-02-2004, 20:17
...... I`m not quite sure I believe it, but - well, folks, some gullible maniac has actually given me a JOB. ;) More fool them, but..... I`m not complaining. ;-))))))) As Neville Chamberlain said, "I have in my hand a piece of paper....... " mine`s slightly different and is confirmation that I start on Monday. Not great wages, but - in these difficult times, anything`s welcome. ;-)))))))) The rumour has it that I`m some kind of data manager of sorts - for a training company. As long as they keep paying me, I`ll do anything. ;-)))

So, upshot of this is - very shortly, get them vodka glasses lined up, as Dave here will - in a few months, be coming over for a well deserved holiday in Russia, yeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaa !!! ;-)))))))))))))

Oh, I feel much better now. Now to buy a particularly tasteless lemony-yellowy-browny suit - a Stevie Wonder special. ;-)))) Hm. This may not last too long......... ;-))))))

Ghost
25-02-2004, 20:41
Congratulations, Dave :)

ReturnOfBroadmoor
25-02-2004, 22:56
Congratulations!

DaveUKagain
26-02-2004, 01:40
Thanks kindly, Ghost and Bob - this one was a LONG time coming - "overqualification" being a (ludicrous) problem here in the UK - but I am SO glad to be able to get off the indolent posterior and WORK. ;-)))))))) Places to go, people to see - and Russia is right on top of the list. ;-)))))))

Besides, I was getting to know the Teletubby scripts off by heart...... dangerous, dangerous sign, there. ;-)))))

Look forwards to meeting you all for real just as soon as I can. ;-)))))) Well, it`ll all come around sooner or later....... ;-))))))))

Sunstorm
26-02-2004, 02:02
hey Dave!! congrats!!! I know hw you feel right now *Big Grin*

polly
26-02-2004, 05:34
hey congratulations!

geofizz56
26-02-2004, 07:57
Any job is a good job these days. And you never know - I accepted one that I expected to be horrible, but it worked out well and gave me experience that has been invaluable over the years. Not to mention great stories about scorpions, mice, black widow spiders....

Alethea
26-02-2004, 09:58
Dave, great news! Congratulations!!

:)

Alethea
26-02-2004, 10:07
Originally posted by geofizz56
Any job is a good job these days. And you never know - I accepted one that I expected to be horrible, but it worked out well and gave me experience that has been invaluable over the years. Not to mention great stories about scorpions, mice, black widow spiders....

Geofizz (if you get to read my post),
what did you do with spiders and scorpios? :)
My father worked as a geologist . I remember him telling me stories about cobras and other deadly poisonous snakes he got to come across with (literally!):) Snakes is my main phobia, so his stories were much better than spooky fairy tales!

geofizz56
26-02-2004, 10:36
When I worked in West Texas for a seismic company, our "office" was in a cotton field and infested with nasty critters, many of which were poisonous. The guys, when bored, would pit various vermin against each other and bet on the outcome. At another company, a crew turned their warehouse into a nuclear disaster area by spraying scorpions, roaches, etc. with radioactive "taggant" to see how long they lived. Total redneck idiots, who are probably now in cancer wards.

I never knew, though, that some species of scorpions, if aggravated enough, will actually sting themselves and die. Also, all scorpions glow under UV light, even without being irradiated.

All in all, give me a nice polite rattlesnake over a scorpion any day. At least they don't crawl into your shoes and desk drawers.

moscowmail
26-02-2004, 10:38
Guys, don't steal the thread...

Well done Dave, keep us updated when you come over and a old style boozer night will ensue :)

Alethea
26-02-2004, 10:43
Originally posted by geofizz56

All in all, give me a nice polite rattlesnake over a scorpion any day. At least they don't crawl into your shoes and desk drawers.

Well, I know a guy who was bitten by a snake one night when he went to a loo (sorry!). It happened in a town located in a middle of nowhere . Fortunately, there was a doc who gave him an injection with antidot:) I hate snakes.

moscowmail
26-02-2004, 10:46
On thread... or I delete

Len

Alethea
26-02-2004, 10:46
Originally posted by moscowmail
Guys, don't steal the thread...

Well done Dave, keep us updated when you come over and a old style boozer night will ensue :)

Sorry, Len sorry, Dave

Dave,incidentally, don't you like snakes?:)

Ned Kelly
26-02-2004, 10:50
Originally posted by Alethea
Well, I know a guy who was bitten by a snake one night when he went to a loo (sorry!). It happened in a town located in a middle of nowhere . Fortunately, there was a doc who gave him an injection with antidot:) I hate snakes.

a snake bit his snake?

well done dave. get some money together and come to moscow in summer for a break. bring your perving glasses too.

Hugh Jass
26-02-2004, 10:51
Originally posted by DaveUKagain
...... I`m not quite sure I believe it, but - well, folks, some gullible maniac has actually given me a JOB. ;) More fool them, but..... I`m not complaining. ;-))))))) As Neville Chamberlain said, "I have in my hand a piece of paper....... " mine`s slightly different and is confirmation that I start on Monday. Not great wages, but - in these difficult times, anything`s welcome. ;-)))))))) The rumour has it that I`m some kind of data manager of sorts - for a training company. As long as they keep paying me, I`ll do anything. ;-)))

So, upshot of this is - very shortly, get them vodka glasses lined up, as Dave here will - in a few months, be coming over for a well deserved holiday in Russia, yeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaa !!! ;-)))))))))))))

Oh, I feel much better now. Now to buy a particularly tasteless lemony-yellowy-browny suit - a Stevie Wonder special. ;-)))) Hm. This may not last too long......... ;-))))))

Dave,

I'm your new boss. I had no idea that you condoned such excessive use of the parentheses when we spoke at the interview. I'm afraid we have no need in our company for such wanton use of punctuation marks and smileys.

Also, GOOD GOD, lad, you haven't even begun at our firm, and our server traffic has already quantum increased TEN-fold with hits to some Expat.ru site. All available resources have been re-routed to support it, and I'm afraid that's a problem

So, YOU'RE FIRED !

Best of luck in your continuing search,
Mr. Jass

Limitchik
26-02-2004, 10:55
Whoah, that kinda sucks. Man, that was over before it started. Bummer. And I was just getting ready to congratulate you, Dave. :)

Alethea
26-02-2004, 10:55
Originally posted by Hugh Jass
Dave,

I'm your new boss. Mr. Jass

Dave, I can't believe you have got Huge Ass boss!:D

I know I know, it will be deleted. Couldn't resist!

Ned Kelly
26-02-2004, 11:03
Hugh, did you ever end up finding that 6310i you were looking for?

Random
26-02-2004, 11:06
Dave, best of Luck in your job !

:)

kniga
26-02-2004, 11:16
Dave, old son,

Good on ye! I'm saving a Gnomish brew for you when you get over here!

Hugh Jass
26-02-2004, 11:18
Originally posted by Ned Kelly
Hugh, did you ever end up finding that 6310i you were looking for?

Damn, that obvious ?

Ned Kelly
26-02-2004, 11:42
hugh, you're a little too erudite for your own good.

Hugh Jass
26-02-2004, 12:10
Do you think it would help if I told a fart joke or two ?

Ned Kelly
26-02-2004, 12:12
it hasn't harmed limitchik's reputation. shows you're in touch with the people - or employees in your case.

Hugh Jass
26-02-2004, 12:18
it hasn't harmed limitchik's reputation. shows you're in touch with the people - or employees in your case.

There is something mysteriously attractive about that Limitchik character. I find I've taken a rather large fancy to him.

A man goes to visit his doctor,
"Doc, I've got a rather embarassing problem, my farts just don't sound right,"
"Well how do they sound?" enquires the doctor.
"They make a HONDA-like sound"
The doctor looks puzzled, "Hmm, is there anything else I should know?"
"Well I also have a terrible boil on my left cheek," replies the man
The doctor looks pleased, "Thats it then. We'll lance that boil and you'll see a difference immediately,"
"Why's that then, Doc?" asks the man
"It's well known," says the Doctor, "Abscess makes the fart go Honda."

WonHongLo
26-02-2004, 12:22
Originally posted by Hugh Jass
There is something mysteriously attractive about that Limitchik character. I find I've taken a rather large fancy to him.
Honey, you don't know the meaning of "fancy"....let me tell you, that Limitchik is one medieval, pipe-hitting white boy!

Does anybody have a wiffleball bat? Mine seems to have disappeared.:(

Ned Kelly
26-02-2004, 12:27
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hugh Jass
[B]There is something mysteriously attractive about that Limitchik character. I find I've taken a rather large fancy to him.

there is something Gollum/Smeagol about all this

Limitchik
26-02-2004, 12:30
We likes to thinks so.

Where's Punch, by the way, speaking of alter egos ?

Ned Kelly
26-02-2004, 12:32
I read about a kirril punchin and nastya punchova being spotted somewhere deep in the congo. made me wonder whether it was our very own.

Ned Kelly
26-02-2004, 12:37
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Limitchik
[B]We likes to thinks so.

and WonHongLo is the "previous"?

Limitchik
26-02-2004, 12:42
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Limitchik
[B]We likes to thinks so.

and WonHongLo is the "previous"?

Unfortunately not. Clever conception of a log-in that it is. He is not I, I am not he.

WonHung is the bain of my existance. The fly in my ointment, the pebble in my shoe, the pea under my mattress. He won't leave me alone ! It's humiliating ! He's driven Sadie away, too !

DaveUKagain
26-02-2004, 17:05
What IS he doing out there ? ;-))))

Folks, thank you VERY kindly for the congratulations. ;-)))) I can`t quite believe it myself, but, yep - back in the world of work, starting on Monday. Quite amazingly, it`s a 9.30 start and we can all smoke at work - ahhhhh, civilisation still exists here. ;-)))) Be a short while before I get back on my feet, but the plan is to go over to Moscow for a holiday just as soon as I can and I really do look forwards to getting blind drunk with a lot of folks on this site. ;-)))))) About time, too, eh ? ;-)))))

Good news is that I`ll be coming over with an empty suitcase and a 15kg baggage allowance, so if anyone`s hankering for Marmite flavour Ruddles (sacrilege !!!!! :) ) - drop me a line before and I`ll do my International Marmite Courier impression. ;-)))))

And now !!!!!! Off to buy the sharp suit - well, sharp-ish, roll up the sleeves and get cracking........ thanks, all !!!!!! - and !!!!!! Catch you later !!!!! ;-)))))

DJ Biscuit
26-02-2004, 17:13
Dave,

Well done! Back in the world of Protestant work ethic eh?

9.30 start, smoking, not three bad! :D

Really great news, there's only so much Richard and Judy a man can take before he realises that working all day is a good option.

Go get 'em mate, I have a feeling that great and wonderful things are ahead in your life.

Sheepy
26-02-2004, 17:50
Well done ole' chum...now this calls for celebration....now what did I do with that brandy bottle? :D

DPG
26-02-2004, 20:31
Originally posted by DaveUKagain
Good news is that I`ll be coming over with an empty suitcase and a 15kg baggage allowance

I'll be your first taker for the couriered marmite option!

Congrats on the job - there's an 'R y J' cigar on me when you get here!:)

trackhat
27-02-2004, 13:00
Hey your avatar even looks happier. Way to go!

Edith
28-02-2004, 01:26
Welcome back to the funny farm!

woof?

DaveUKagain
04-03-2004, 04:14
Originally posted by Alethea
Sorry, Len sorry, Dave

Dave,incidentally, don't you like snakes?:)

Oh, sorry, Alethea - I LOVE snakes. ;-)))))) Friend of mine used to breed `em. Not with `em. :)

Woof back to Edith. ;-))))) What a memory you have. ;-)))))

bushmaster
04-03-2004, 05:00
Hey Congrats! I am stuck driving my uncles 18 wheeler across the usa while he gets a preplanned surgery, so Ill say not all jobs are great these days....read nickled and dimed to death. Hey do you know katya F? She got work apprioval in LA this last few weeks.
Later-BM

Moscow Wolf
04-03-2004, 05:20
Congrats Dave, but I didn't know that you had been out of work, I thought you was a late night MODERATOR on here. How many 'CHODS' can you buy on your new salary?

You sure you want to visit Moscow, I thought you might've just bi-passed us on your way to Stalingrad!

So when you're in your Stevie Wonder suit, will your first call just be to say you love us! Good luck Mate, you are the only thinning haired Chod smoking Brit I know!