PDA

View Full Version : USA help for Ukraine

Benedikt
17-04-2014, 18:35
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/us-working-on-nonlethal-aid-package-for-ukraine/498304.html

300 000 ready to eat meals for the army? wonder what is in there? for sure no salo and kascha?
-give them also at least some light weapons for self defence -Senator McCain,suppose the same automatics and semi automatics the use in the USA for hunting and self defence. i have the feeling the good Senator is getting slightly senile already... Should quit active politics. retire to his ranch and write his memoirs. or become an elder statesmen....

Fantastika
17-04-2014, 18:59
When I was working near DC, my boss (a colonel) told me McCain had a reputation for being quite temperamental, or flying into a rage, at congressional hearings.

He did spend 6 years in a hole. That can't be too great for your mental health.

I saw McCain at a rally in 2008. He seemed okay. Now he's focused on a new (the same old) enemy :fudd: RUSSIA!

Fantastika
17-04-2014, 19:00
"Help for Ukraine"? - it sounds like "Weapons for Ukraine-Kiev Army".

Maybe Russia should start sending "Help" to US militia groups.

penka
17-04-2014, 19:23
When I was working near DC, my boss (a colonel) told me McCain had a reputation for being quite temperamental, or flying into a rage, at congressional hearings.

I saw McCain at a rally in 2008. He seemed okay. Now he's focused on a new (the same old) enemy :fudd: RUSSIA!

McCain doesn't make an impression of a person, fit to serve. At all. He got crap nervous predisposition for that.

robertmf
17-04-2014, 19:46

Yes. He has most certainly "paid his dues" to have an opinion. However, I consider his political view to be Cold War dinosaur and not useful.

robertmf
17-04-2014, 19:48
McCain doesn't make an impression of a person, fit to serve. At all. He got crap nervous predisposition for that.

It's a sign of age ;) *Robert looks at his [IGNORE] list*

Fantastika
17-04-2014, 19:49

You know that his fighter jet got shot down in North Vietnam? He spent the next 6 years living in a dirt hole in the ground.

vossy7
17-04-2014, 20:02
You know that his fighter jet got shot down in North Vietnam? He spent the next 6 years living in a dirt hole in the ground.
And he's still wearing the wrist watch:yikes:

Benedikt
17-04-2014, 20:06

that can affect a man no doubt. some more some less. i think for the Senator it is time to write his memoirs. But suppose he will stay until they have to give him a rollator or wheelchair.

Fantastika
17-04-2014, 21:03
that can affect a man no doubt. some more some less. i think for the Senator it is time to write his memoirs. But suppose he will stay until they have to give him a rollator or wheelchair.

Tell me about it!

There should be term limits. 12 years, tops.

Some of these Senators "serve the people," enjoying the Washington, DC, lifestyle and privileges until they are walking skeletons.

Arlen Spectre (okay "Specter") "served" so long he sounded like he had a mouthful of marbles when he mumble-talked, and he didn't know which political party he belonged to.

They stay, sometimes for 50 years, so arrogant, thinking they are lesser Gods. They reside in the "Most Important City in the World" as a DC radio station broadcasts.

The US Constitution was written with the underlying concept that "all government is bad, big government is evil." Checks and balances were established to prevent any single branch of government from becoming tyrannical.

Now, in 2014, the president issues proclamations like a king, the executive branch does nothing to oppose him, and the judicial branch does very little, or Chief Justice John Roberts creates new laws on his own. The peoples' state referendums (opposing gay marriage, limiting taxes) are always overruled by federal judges. The 4th estate, the media, actively cooperates with the president to prevent any challenges or oversight of his now unlimited power.

Obama uses the NSA and IRS to suppress the political process in America by criminalizing the Tea Party. There is no investigation, no media coverage, no protest.

The senators and representatives stay for 30-40 years, and after a while, they forget everything about America except their re-election.

TolkoRaz
17-04-2014, 21:07
And he's still wearing the wrist watch:yikes:

.... and the T-Shirt! ;)

Sadarr
17-04-2014, 21:11
Mc Cain should be retired. Here is an overview of his "Ace" flying performances.

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/oct/06/nation/na-aviator6/3

And a highly critical review of his Forrestal accident. Poor judgement is what he seems to have a lot of.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/20081007_investigating_john_mccains_tragedy_at_sea

Fantastika
17-04-2014, 23:54
http://www.fairbrothers.com/foreignpolicy.jpg

Benedikt
18-04-2014, 06:00
who have the right to vote,isn't it? so it says in your constitution. so USE your vote, tell the scoundrels what you think of them.
i am well aware, here or there or everywhere it is still not who votes but who counts the votes and how they are counted, THAT COUNTS (weird english?) while in the USA you don't -elect- the president, it is the congressmen who do, you elect the people who sit in congress. hold them accountable for what they do!
when we are discussing -politics- here in Russia, first thing i always ask -did you go and vote- and more often than not i get a -no/for what/no time/don't care/my vote doesn't count anyway- then i reply, well then you have no right to criticize. you get the government you deserve. to me it is as simple as that.
but one thing is for sure. and i have lived now nearly 40 years away from my oh so nice little clean, effective,beautifull Austria. To me with very few exceptions, politics and politicians are all bought and payed for in one way or other. and they are only sitting there to fill their pockets. do as little as possible to gain for themselves, their friends and relatives, as much as possible, in the time they are there.
If government would be run like big business, most of the senators,Presidents,Prime Ministers and the like, would have been fired long ago!
but it is up to us -we the people- to change that! will that happen? not in my lifetime....

Fantastika
18-04-2014, 06:08
Change is coming, and rather soon. By 2022 new system will be worldwide.

No worries, new system will be much better than anything now.

Benedikt
18-04-2014, 06:48

and i still will be around to enjoy (some of the) the benefits!:cheerleader:

Russian Lad
18-04-2014, 07:35

Thank you, now I am not worried anymore. What sort of a system, care to share with us?

Fantastika
18-04-2014, 07:51
Thank you, now I am not worried anymore. What sort of a system, care to share with us?

No, I don't want to destroy the remnants of my credibility!