PDA

View Full Version : PMs & the Rules

TolkoRaz
09-04-2014, 11:10
Existing Rule:

10. Private Messages (PM) are just that, Private. Do not post a PM from anyone that has been sent to you, if the author wants to post their opinion they can do so on open forum.

For future discussion and to avoid future problems, by way of background to the latest issue, I suggest:

Recent Issue

PMs are private, but the Receiver did not post the PM, only it's sentiments.

Its sentiments / requests had been expressed previously by a User in Posts, so its a very grey area.

Suggestion:

Perhaps the Rule wording needs to be tightened to:

The content of PMs are private. The PM, any part of the text, or reason for sending the PM, must not be posted, discussed or shared on this website in any form without the agreement of the sender

FatAndy
09-04-2014, 11:15
discuss or shared in any form without the agreement of the sender
No. You easily may send problematic (offensive, annoying, etc) PM(s) to mods and discuss with them to define the degree of fault.

TolkoRaz
09-04-2014, 11:43
That goes without saying. That would be another Rule.

Anyway, for what my suggestion is worth, I do encourage the Mods / Admins to discuss how to tighten up the Rules to avoid a re-occurrence of what recently happened between 2 Users!

vossy7
09-04-2014, 11:51
All I want to say is that the post was closed before I got my Chinese oral:eek:

FatAndy
09-04-2014, 11:59
So you'd prefer a bullet?:idea:

That goes without saying. That would be another Rule.

Anyway, for what my suggestion is worth, I do encourage the Mods / Admins to discuss how to tighten up the Rules
Tolik, you definitely understand that as any bureaucratic/democratic procedure, it won't be fast or immediate, but thank you very much for the proposal. :thumbsup:

TolkoRaz
09-04-2014, 12:09
Of course it will not be swift, it is Russia after all! ;)

FatAndy
09-04-2014, 12:12
Of course it will not be swift, it is Russia after all! ;)
You wanted to say, it is good and correct?:idea:

penka
09-04-2014, 12:15

OMG OMG OMG

Nearly chocked on my coffee! Vossy, naughty boy, did you really have to omit the word "warning"??

vossy7
09-04-2014, 12:15
[QUOTE=FatAndy;1297950]So you'd prefer a bullet?:idea:

No the CO will be just fine mate and I'll take like a man:jester:

vossy7
09-04-2014, 13:18
OMG OMG OMG

Nearly chocked on my coffee! Vossy, naughty boy, did you really have to omit the word "warning"??

Bummer, there goes my premature articulation again:evilgrin:

natlee
09-04-2014, 13:27
All I want to say is that the post was closed before I got my Chinese oral:eek: I know! :bowdown: I was about to comment but.. naughty Andy wouldn't let me! :evilgrin:

FatAndy
09-04-2014, 13:31
Inaughty Andy wouldn't let me! :evilgrin:
:agree: I am terrible, I know, but can do nothing...

robertmf
09-04-2014, 15:37
Existing Rule:

Its sentiments / requests had been expressed previously by a User in Posts, so its a very grey area.

Suggestion:

The content of PMs are private. The PM, any part of the text, or reason for sending the PM, must not be posted, discussed or shared on this website in any form without the agreement of the sender

What about when somebody has a PM INBOX that is full and needs to be informed of their :clown: laxitude :question:

FatAndy
09-04-2014, 16:26
What about when somebody has a PM INBOX that is full and needs to be informed of their :clown: laxitude :question:
Roberto, it is done automatically to your e-mailbox which was pointed upon registration. The issue is, people don't look into (I browse it maybe only once a day the best case)...

rusmeister
09-04-2014, 17:18
Existing Rule:

10. Private Messages (PM) are just that, Private. Do not post a PM from anyone that has been sent to you, if the author wants to post their opinion they can do so on open forum.

For future discussion and to avoid future problems, by way of background to the latest issue, I suggest:

Recent Issue

PMs are private, but the Receiver did not post the PM, only it's sentiments.

Suggestion:

I agree with the general sentiment, BUT...
(I have no idea what recent drama happened, and don't want to know)
If something has already been expressed in posts, you can't say that referring to it in a PM somehow makes it a forbidden topic.

robertmf
09-04-2014, 17:31
If something has already been expressed in posts, you can't say that referring to it in a PM somehow makes it a forbidden topic.

Catch-22

:watching::watching:

FatAndy
09-04-2014, 17:33
I have no idea what recent drama happened, and don't want to know
It was Sanochka ;)