PDA

View Full Version : Lost Migration Card

MilkandGin
02-04-2014, 14:46
I received a migration card when I went through passport control in Domodyedovo Airport. I subsequently lost it after giving it to my employer to photocopy my passport and documents. They were able to apply for a visa extension the photocopy of the migration card, but I have not gotten it replaced.

What is the card for? What does it demonstrate that the visa can't? What do I need it in order to do?

Lastly, where and how do I get it replaced?

okiey
02-04-2014, 15:09
I received a migration card when I went through passport control in Domodyedovo Airport. I subsequently lost it after giving it to my employer to photocopy my passport and documents. They were able to apply for a visa extension the photocopy of the migration card, but I have not gotten it replaced.

What is the card for? What does it demonstrate that the visa can't? What do I need it in order to do?

I lost my migration card last year, I didn't bother doing anything. Shortly after that I went on vacation and when I returned to Moscow I got a new one at passport control.

FatAndy
02-04-2014, 15:20
What is the card for?
For the purposes of accounting how many foreign bodies cross the border here and there.

What does it demonstrate that the visa can't?
It's ANOTHER document.:10189: And issued by ANOTHER organisation :)

What do I need it in order to do?
To give it back while departure passport control (by air, train, car...)

Take your docs, visit local FMS and write a claim. They'll issue replacement one for you.

MilkandGin
02-04-2014, 15:27
Thanks FatAndy, though that's the issue.

No one can tell me exactly where FMS is. I had a Russian friend call, and all he could find out was that "he thinks I have to go to a branch in my neighborhood." I live near Kievskaya Metro.

Other than that, I can't find any information on where to go. In fact, FMS has one site that's in English that discusses the cards. It says, "If lost, you must go to the territorial branch of the FMS to request a new one." It doesn't tell you where exactly that is or how to get there, whether you need an appointment, what to bring, etc.

okiey
02-04-2014, 15:46
Why don't you ask your employer to help you?

I lost my working permit as well last year, and had to have that replaced before I made the application for a new visa recently. Anyhow, my HR took care of that.

Thanks FatAndy, though that's the issue.

No one can tell me exactly where FMS is. I had a Russian friend call, and all he could find out was that "he thinks I have to go to a branch in my neighborhood." I live near Kievskaya Metro.

Other than that, I can't find any information on where to go. In fact, FMS has one site that's in English that discusses the cards. It says, "If lost, you must go to the territorial branch of the FMS to request a new one." It doesn't tell you where exactly that is or how to get there, whether you need an appointment, what to bring, etc.

FatAndy
02-04-2014, 15:48
Very good. Probably you heard a couple of words about imperialistic invention called Internet? ;)

First of all, you must know what is the name of rayon you live in. If it is Dorogomilovo located in ZAO (Western Adm. District of Moscow) -
http://www.fmsmoscow.ru/ufms/offices/zao_dorogomilovo.html

http://www.fmsmoscow.ru/ufms/hotline.html - for various questions.

Hans.KK
02-04-2014, 16:06
No one can tell me exactly where FMS is. I had a Russian friend call, and all he could find out was that "he thinks I have to go to a branch in my neighborhood." I live near Kievskaya Metro.This may help you off http://www.fmsmoscow.ru/ufms/hotline.html

Other than that, I can't find any information on where to go. In fact, FMS has one site that's in English that discusses the cards. It says, "If lost, you must go to the territorial branch of the FMS to request a new one." It doesn't tell you where exactly that is or how to get there, whether you need an appointment, what to bring, etc.Ask them http://www.fmsmoscow.ru/feedback/question.html

jasone65
02-04-2014, 16:49
I lost my migration card, think it got binned. Turned out to be a big deal with local FMS in St Pete's. I had to go to the Head Office FMS in St Pete's for them to issue a replacement. It was free and just left them with my passport. I think you will need to replace it.

xp@
02-04-2014, 19:47
When mine was stolen, along with my passport, the local office told me to go the main office ат Pokrovka 42 to get a duplicate.

I wrote an explanatory letter/заявление to the chief there, and attached copies of my new passport and visa and the old migration card. Waited in line to see him. He looked over my letter and attachments and directed someone to issue a duplicate. Nice guy, friendly.

The whole process took about one hour.

After that, whenever I needed to present the migration card I always showed the duplicate plus a copy of the stolen original.
The duplicate didn't have details such as my date/place of entry, and those are sometimes required.