vossy7
22-03-2014, 07:45
Hello everyone :)

I am coming to Russia,
Most probably on August to start college (MEDICAL-SCHOOL) on September,
I haven't decide until now between Moscow, St Petersburg, or Krasnodar
and actually I am here to get some experience about living in Russia :ak:

:D:D

I'm sure you will enjoy Moscow , it's a wonderful city......but I have to tell you you'll miss the "AKs" from Bahrain......you won't see many here:bookworm:

Kartoshka
22-03-2014, 11:35
Which place is "best" depends on what you are looking for, really. About the quality of the medical schools, I can't advise you.

In Moscow there is so much to do (museums, culture, sport, nightlife, etc); it's got a big expat community; there are easy transport links to anywhere else in Russia if you want to travel and visit other places. You will be in the centre of everything. Signs are mostly in Russian but most young people speak English and will be helpful if you ask for advice/help.

St Petersburg is a beautiful city, with lots of sightseeing opportunities, and easy travel links to northern Russia. Reasonable amount of culture and sport, less in the way of nightlife but there are good places to go. Lots of signs in English. You can see a lot more of St Petersburg in a shorter amount of time, as it's smaller than Moscow and places outside St Petersburg are often closer than those outside Moscow. If you will have some but not a lot of free time, might be a better choice than Moscow.

I have never been to Krasnodar but it strikes me that you would probably get your most "Russian" experience here. The expat community is likely to be much smaller than the other two cities, and there will be less to see and do in terms of culture, sport, museums, etc. However you will be much closer to the sea, which could lead to nice weekend breaks in the summer months! In Moscow it gets very hot and stuffy during the summer, and in St Petersburg there are lots of mosquitoes in May/June once the weather warms up.

alsaegh
27-03-2014, 13:06
I'm sure you will enjoy Moscow , it's a wonderful city......but I have to tell you you'll miss the "AKs" from Bahrain......you won't see many here:bookworm:

Hahaha thats so funny :rofl: , don't forget that Moscow is the place where AKs are made. :ak:

Which place is "best" depends on what you are looking for, really. About the quality of the medical schools, I can't advise you.

In Moscow there is so much to do (museums, culture, sport, nightlife, etc); it's got a big expat community; there are easy transport links to anywhere else in Russia if you want to travel and visit other places. You will be in the centre of everything. Signs are mostly in Russian but most young people speak English and will be helpful if you ask for advice/help.

St Petersburg is a beautiful city, with lots of sightseeing opportunities, and easy travel links to northern Russia. Reasonable amount of culture and sport, less in the way of nightlife but there are good places to go. Lots of signs in English. You can see a lot more of St Petersburg in a shorter amount of time, as it's smaller than Moscow and places outside St Petersburg are often closer than those outside Moscow. If you will have some but not a lot of free time, might be a better choice than Moscow.

I have never been to Krasnodar but it strikes me that you would probably get your most "Russian" experience here. The expat community is likely to be much smaller than the other two cities, and there will be less to see and do in terms of culture, sport, museums, etc. However you will be much closer to the sea, which could lead to nice weekend breaks in the summer months! In Moscow it gets very hot and stuffy during the summer, and in St Petersburg there are lots of mosquitoes in May/June once the weather warms up.

It seems to be that you are expert in the Russian Affairs, but what I am worrying about is what people say about how expensive is Moscow and St Petersburg, and I still don't have an obvious answer for how much to take for the pocket money as a moderated student! :11088:

swelis
27-03-2014, 16:48
Hi!
Welcome here on this site!
You know Moscow is a city of big biiiiig contrasts.
You can spend huge sums or very little.
French know how to reduce the expances better then anyone.))
So ask them a piece of advice!