PDA

View Full Version : Hijacking threads

Albertina
12-01-2008, 21:36
Dear Staff!
I familiarised myself with the rules finally and have a question 'What constitutes thread hijacking?' It seems that ALL threads here change their original subject on post 3... How do you define between humorous harmless puns or associations which are off the topic but fun to read, shift to some remotely related subject and hijacking, for which there is some harsh punishment :-). Because I'm sure all of us can qualify for hijacking if someone wants to get to him/her.
Thanks for explaining...

PS: And if someone replies with the unrelated message to this subject, can you please punish him/her! :ak:

12-01-2008, 22:52
Example of hijack:

Your post is interesting but the website of my friend is really more interesting: Kukuruza.ru - kukuruza Resources and Information. This website is for sale! (http://www.kukuruza.ru)!

End of example :) Will I be banned? :(

Len Ganley Stance
12-01-2008, 23:07

Miracle77777
12-01-2008, 23:12

HUH??!!??
:eek:

Albertina
12-01-2008, 23:21
See, that's what I mean - thanks all who posted here for illustration of my little assumption.

I wouldn't mind if the digression was at least a bit funny...

Now. Following the logic of all threads here, the next step should be a personal attack at a random user. Geeze

natalia_apple
12-01-2008, 23:30
Yes!

Len Ganley Stance, I dont like the hairstyle on the picture you posted:duhhhh:!

How can you post something with such hairstyle, esp. at 11 pm, you probably are one of those bad guys who want to destroy people's possibility of having sweet dreams :verymad:

Natkin
13-01-2008, 00:12
Sorry, Albertina, I thought you ask the Mods, and just noticed it is in Expat Cafe, not Feedback.

Maybe I am wrong, but I think Expat Cafe is more of a chat type, and people write whatever comes to their minds when answering posts.
As for serious folders - like Accomodation, Lessons and the rest - I think the answers should be straight on topic, coz the Original Poster might be in urgent need for information.

Albertina
13-01-2008, 00:14
i'm falling asleep - please keep posting, it will accelerate my REM stage :bedtime::goblin:

Albertina
13-01-2008, 00:16
Sorry, Albertina, I thought you ask the Mods, and just noticed it is in Expat Cafe, not Feedback.

Maybe I am wrong, but I think Expat Cafe is more of a chat type, and people write whatever comes to their minds when answering posts.
As for serious folders - like Accomodation, Lessons and the rest - I think the answers should be straight on topic, coz the Original Poster might be in urgent need for information.

Well, maybe, but it's not defined in the RULES:

Infraction System

Breaking the rules will earn you infraction points:

Insulting other members = 5 points
Bad language (outside of Bardak) = 5 points
Hijacking threads = 2 points
Spamming will get you automatically banned and your account deleted

TD
13-01-2008, 01:37
Example of hijack:

Your post is interesting but the website of my friend is really more interesting: Kukuruza.ru - kukuruza Resources and Information. This website is for sale! (http://www.kukuruza.ru)!

not a bad example... obviously conversations can evolve into other conversations, so if threads end up on different topics sometimes it is not a big problem

what the rules are referring to is deliberate misdirection of threads - for instance I am asking about real estate prices, and someone posts about the great time they had at some club last night... like anything else the main ingredient here is common sense and common courtesy to others :-)

sfjohns67
13-01-2008, 06:40
So how does it fit in for me to tell Natalia Apple she is still a (edited) physical beauty?

Natkin
13-01-2008, 08:49
Well, SFJ, you know how much I love you, but it is not the way to talk to a girl in a open forum. If you feel the itch, go to PM option.

Albertina
13-01-2008, 11:59
Hi, Jack!

Len Ganley Stance
13-01-2008, 12:30
Hi, Jack!

Good to see that at least one person understood the picture.

Albertina
13-01-2008, 12:55
Jack the Ripper, to be precise!

TD
13-01-2008, 14:03
Good to see that at least one person understood the picture.

doh! now i get it :-)

natalia_apple
18-01-2008, 22:56
So how does it fit in for me to tell Natalia Apple she is still a (edited) physical beauty?

relax already, calm down, ok

physical beauty is someone with a big stomach and wrinkles, like you :)

Albertina
18-01-2008, 23:03
relax already, calm down, ok

physical beauty is someone with a big stomach and wrinkles, like you :)

Please! Don't hijack the thread against hijacking - that would be double negation and therefore a support of High Jack.

:Loco:

ezik
19-01-2008, 00:09
Please! Don't hijack the thread against hijacking - that would be double negation and therefore a support of High Jack.

:Loco:

Please, Albertina, even mods need weekends. Double negations could easily turin into triple negations. And what do we get then?

Just love us. We're trying our best.

Albertina
19-01-2008, 00:13
Please, Albertina, even mods need weekends. Double negations could easily turin into triple negations. And what do we get then?

Just love us. We're trying our best.

:wazzup:

i love to beat all issues to bed

:bedtime:

and yeah, ok, I love you, mods. even if i rarely see you on the site :rolleyes:

DBND
19-01-2008, 00:15
Now. Following the logic of all threads here, the next step should be a personal attack at a random user.

You need some spanking?

Albertina
19-01-2008, 00:19
You need some spanking?

Me?! Do I look like I do?

TD
19-01-2008, 00:50
http://expat.ru/images/hijack.jpg

Albertina
19-01-2008, 01:11
Is there a hijackophobia yet in the range of phobias?