PDA

View Full Version : sick of plastic bags? by an -AVOSKA

Benedikt
20-03-2014, 20:35
or АВОСЬКА in russian language.
i still remember them from Austria, when i was a kid. and since i came here when it was still cccp, i still remember them from here as well. learned quickly to take them with me all the time, since my russian friends told me, one never knows if one needs something or not but one buys because it was in the shops... never mind i had a credit card for Stockmann's or valuta for the Berioska's...
AND ON TOP OF IT: this time, they are done by people with special needs, one, and often the only way to add to their meagre pension. so, you do a good deed as well.:thumbsup::)
went shopping today for the first time with it, got big looks from the babushkas,:iloveyou: some nice comments, and i was surprised HOW MUCH of my shopping i could get into one net...
www.avoska.org click onto it and ahve a look!

this -kiosk- is nr 13 on the Pushkinskaya underpass.

Ashatan
20-03-2014, 20:43
This is a great thing! I have bough one as a present for my friend, he was very impressed! By the way, how do you call it in English? (Do you actualy call it anything?)

Benedikt
20-03-2014, 21:17
This is a great thing! I have bough one as a present for my friend, he was very impressed! By the way, how do you call it in English? (Do you actualy call it anything?)

but i think the name Avoska will be understood if/when it becomes popular again.:AngelPray:
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Sale-Small-net-mesh-bags-wholesale_1159015358.html

robertmf
20-03-2014, 21:24
i still remember them from Austria, when i was a kid. and since i came here when it was still cccp, i still remember them from here as well. learned quickly to take them with me all the time, since my russian friends told me, one never knows if one needs something or not but one buys because it was in the shops...

Yes, they wad up nicely into the pocket. Also known in USSR times as "the possibility bag", in the slim event you find something to put in it.

robertmf
20-03-2014, 21:26

Just "string bag" would be okay. Like in modern Russia, I rarely see them.

bydand
21-03-2014, 10:02
Great for the beach, to tote around the wet sandy things.

NZzet
21-03-2014, 22:43
Thanks for the tip where to buy.

UserRu77
23-03-2014, 17:02
Biblio-Globus (m.Lubianka) also have for seil.

Benedikt
23-03-2014, 17:42
Biblio-Globus (m.Lubianka) also have for seil.

because the people need all the help they can get.

vossy7
24-03-2014, 04:12
My wife grew up in Sakhalin and she said the fish were so plentiful you could scoop them up with aвоськи!

Benedikt
24-03-2014, 07:31
My wife grew up in Sakhalin and she said the fish were so plentiful you could scoop them up with aвоськи!

the best catch is being exported, never to be seen on the local market.and what we see in the freezers is stinky Pangasius, so full of chemicals that i would not even feed it to the cat.( a little bit over dramatic of course but it is so.)