PDA

View Full Version : Jeff

jeffgrose
19-03-2014, 22:37
Hi! I'm new to this site and just trying to find my way around it. I am hoping to be in Moscow in next few weeks and looking forward to it.!

penka
19-03-2014, 23:18
Hi! I'm new to this site and just trying to find my way around it. I am hoping to be in Moscow in next few weeks and looking forward to it.!

Hey jeffgrose and welcome to the site!:)

Judge
19-03-2014, 23:57
Welcome Jeff,to the site and soon Moscow...For sure you'll like it here.What brings you to Russia?

swelis
20-03-2014, 19:20
Hello Jeff!
Welcome here!
If you need some help in music field
feel free to contact, I'm here to help!

jeffgrose
22-03-2014, 15:34
Welcome Jeff,to the site and soon Moscow...For sure you'll like it here.What brings you to Russia?
Hi Judge. I am in the process of arranging work within a group of schools in Moscow.What do you do ?

Judge
22-03-2014, 15:38
Hi Judge. I am in the process of arranging work within a group of schools in Moscow.What do you do ?

I moderate this forum full time, pay is crappy but pays the bills....:D
In my spare time I teach the Queen's English to Russians.

Which schools?asking cos maybe one of our members might work or worked for the school and could give you feedback. There are a few schools that have ads on the main page of this site...
I hear that Language Link and BKC are decent schools, will you be teaching English .

jeffgrose
23-03-2014, 18:33
Hi Judge. Thanks for info regarding the two schools you mentioned. I am considering an offer from the Atlantic school group but have a few doubts so any bona fide info would be very welcome!
Regards,
Jeff

penka
23-03-2014, 23:17
Hi Judge. Thanks for info regarding the two schools you mentioned. I am considering an offer from the Atlantic school group but have a few doubts so any bona fide info would be very welcome!
Regards,
Jeff

You'd better check this Atlantic school on the net and on this site - not long time ago there was some talk here and an article that their tutors got severe problems with the biz visas (I understood, the school failed to update their routines, so people had to leave the country). Don't know, maybe it's all sorted now, but better safe than sorry.

Judge
23-03-2014, 23:18
Regards,
Jeff

Atlantic school have been in the news recently,all their foreign teachers got kicked out of the country and can't get back in for 5 years.

Right now, Atlantic school are desperate for teachers,the salary they have offered ,you could easily ask for 10-20% more..:)
If you do decide to take their offer,make sure they give you the proper visa,'work visa;...you don't want to end up barred from Russia for 5 years..
After what the school's been through, I guess they will be making sure their new teachers have the right visas..

Some links for you to read about the school..

There's a thread about it here.
http://expat.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=578772

news report about the school.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/private-school-loses-all-foreign-staff/495543.html

and more recent info .

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/private-moscow-school-on-hiring-spree-after-losing-foreign-staff/495840.html