PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all expats!

Ivanbor
11-03-2014, 13:15
Hi, my name is Olga. I am from Moscow. Some time ago I took a TOEFL preparation course at Pericles school and our American tutor highly recommended us this forum to challenge our language and chat with native speakers. Honestly, I had no idea that there are so many expats in Moscow and they even have their community . This forum looks like a dream to me, though it was really tough to register here ;)

vossy7
11-03-2014, 13:24
Hi, my name is Olga. I am from Moscow. Some time ago I took a TOEFL preparation course at Pericles school and our American tutor highly recommended us this forum to challenge our language and chat with native speakers. Honestly, I had no idea that there are so many expats in Moscow and they even have their community . This forum looks like a dream to me, though it was really tough to register here ;)

Welcome Olga ,enjoy the forum.

Ivanbor
11-03-2014, 15:20
Thank you, vossy7 :)

handsome
11-03-2014, 16:10
Cheers.... Wish you good luck .. By the way what happened with your TOEFL result??

robertmf
11-03-2014, 16:38
This forum looks like a dream to me, though it was really tough to register here ;)

Welcome and привет to expat.ru, *Olga* :wavey:

Why did you find it difficult to register :question:

tomek
11-03-2014, 16:51
So it is a dream come true, then :) Welcome Olga! Nice to meet you.

Ivanbor
11-03-2014, 17:39
Cheers.... Wish you good luck .. By the way what happened with your TOEFL result??

It's a long story. I wanted to take the exam in Moscow, but all the dates were overbooked for months ahead! So I decided to go to my relatives to another city and take the exam there. :plane:It was great actually because we hadn't got together for long time. I arrived the day before the exam and spent the whole night partying with my cousins. So, in the middle of TOEFL (early morning) I simply fell asleep. I know I know, I am a bad irresponsible girl...:kiss_mini:

Ivanbor
11-03-2014, 17:42
Why did you find it difficult to register :question:

[/COLOR]

I think there are 2 or 3 stages of registration and every time you have to wait. There was also a strange question "is vodka solid or liquid?" and I didn't know the answer )))))))

handsome
12-03-2014, 02:10
That's funny , So you want to try it again? I'm good at giving tricks for TOEFL and IELTS Exams.. Actually preparing for IELTS was when I applied for my Australian immigration and I would like to do the knowledge share!...
So are you a student?
I'm nowadays learning Russian language as I have to give Russian language rest!

Ivanbor
12-03-2014, 13:11
That's funny , So you want to try it again?
No way! To answer questions about reproduction of butterflies and fossils for 4 hours? Boring and incredibly exhausting. Is IELTS any better? I think I will try IT next time I need the test of English as a foreign language.

So are you a student?
No, not anymore. Plans have changed :)

Why aren't you in Australia now ? ;)

Judge
13-03-2014, 11:57

Hi, welcome to the site, we have a great bunch of expats and Russians on this site, I'm sure you will enjoy it here.

Sorry about it being tough to register, it's because we have had lots of spammers trying to regsiter ...

VicY
13-03-2014, 12:10
Welcome to Expat.ru, Olga!

So you never got to take your TOEFL again? Tsk-tsk-tsk. ;)

In my humble opinion, IELTS is better than TOEFL, but maybe I am just biased.

Ivanbor
13-03-2014, 12:13
Tsk-tsk-tsk. ;)

Yeah, that is exactly what I think about TOEFL :D