PDA

View Full Version : Black list

11-01-2008, 10:49
TD,

Would it be possible to easily (!) setup a "blacklist" of members whose posts will NOT be displayed in the threads?

For example if I put "XXX" in my blacklist, no XXX messages won't be displayed when I will browse the forum. I understand that if another member replied to XXX by quoting him, I will see the quoted message. But never mind :)

That will be IMO very useful due to the number of trolls coming here :)

Thanks!

Penelope
11-01-2008, 11:00
TD,

Would it be possible to easily (!) setup a "blacklist" of members whose posts will NOT be displayed in the threads?

For example if I put "XXX" in my blacklist, no XXX messages won't be displayed when I will browse the forum. I understand that if another member replied to XXX by quoting him, I will see the quoted message. But never mind :)

That will be IMO very useful due to the number of trolls coming here :)

Thanks!
You should go to your User CP, and near the bottom of the drop-down menu is the buddy / igore list option. Click on it, and then you can add the user name(s) of those posters whose posts you don't want to see.

11-01-2008, 11:23
Hey I thought it was only for the PM! Thanks, will use it now :)

Penelope
11-01-2008, 11:25
I don't think it keeps their posts from showing up in New Posts, however.

Maurice
11-01-2008, 11:32
You should go to your User CP, and near the bottom of the drop-down menu is the buddy / igore list option. Click on it, and then you can add the user name(s) of those posters whose posts you don't want to see.

3 or 4 months ago, this could have saved a lot of wasted energy ..

Anyway .....cool!!:thumbsup:

Penelope
11-01-2008, 11:35
Seems to be a feature that has been around since time immemorial.