PDA

View Full Version : Noisy neighbours

jools
09-03-2014, 09:17
I live in a flat in a modern building in Moscow. The building is nice and generally pleasant to live in but we have neighbours above us who are noisy at night - occasionally the children play loudly (yes, in the middle of the night) but mostly it's the husband and wife arguing between midnight and 2 a.m.
Does anybody know what Russian law says about this, and how the police are likely to respond if contacted? We are all registered at our address in Moscow, so no problem from that point of view.

TolkoRaz
09-03-2014, 23:39
Have you spoken to the neighbours and suggested that the lady of the house pours away all of her husband's Vodka? :11033:

Nobbynumbnuts
10-03-2014, 00:28
I live in a flat in a modern building in Moscow. The building is nice and generally pleasant to live in but we have neighbours above us who are noisy at night - occasionally the children play loudly (yes, in the middle of the night) but mostly it's the husband and wife arguing between midnight and 2 a.m.
Does anybody know what Russian law says about this, and how the police are likely to respond if contacted? We are all registered at our address in Moscow, so no problem from that point of view.

There should be an administrator for the building you live in and there are laws concerning noise in apartment buildings. Contact them.
I'm sure there are Russians on here who are better informed than me about such things..:)

Simpson
10-03-2014, 00:38
Any actions violating peace and quiet are forbidden at night time (11 pm - 7 am) - Moscow law No. 42 of 12.07.2002. Administrative penalty is 1000 - 2000 rub or just warning.
Police will not respond at all, I guess (but you can try). Only in case of something really criminal.
If your neighbours are really annoying, you should contact your участковый - district police officer who is in charge of this kind of cases.

vossy7
10-03-2014, 00:45
You look like a formidable guy so make your presence felt, also looks like you have been here for some time. If you are suffering I am sure some of your other neighbours feel the same so get together and confront the offending neighbour.
The police will do SFA......

robertmf
10-03-2014, 01:18
If your neighbours are really annoying, you should contact your участковый - district police officer who is in charge of this kind of cases.

... and make him a $donation$ to do something

:sick:

FatAndy
10-03-2014, 13:19
Well, in such cases I never hesitate to call 02, describe the situation and district police patrol arrives in 10-15 min. Usually it is 2 gloomy but polite guys in armour vests and with Mr. Kalashnikov each. Silence guaranteed. But please mind to use the state language.
Worked in UZAO, Obruchevsky and Zyuzino rayons.

Hans.KK
10-03-2014, 15:41
If your neighbours are really annoying, you should contact your участковый - district police officer who is in charge of this kind of cases.Yes and that is just what the local district police kindly informed me about when they were coming to our door, to check if I was here, and ask if I wanted to apply for RF citizenship, and then they was writing down the name and details about my wife.
Our friendly district police was out to check some people with non Russian names, I was number 4 on there list, what there real purpose was I have no idea, had anyone experiences anything like this before?

inorcist
10-03-2014, 16:46
As TolkoRaz was saying, try talking to your neighbours first. Calling the police for me is always some kind of last resort. But if you have to do so, it's as FatAndy describes.

@Hans.KK: same thing happened in Moscow last year. They were trying to find so called rubber apartments and places where migrant workers are living, but also I guess to get an idea which landlords don't pay taxes on their rent.

skotovod
11-03-2014, 11:40
I agree with the said before. You can warn the neighbors that you will apply to police in case they aren't keep the law. And the next time just call the police.
If you need some assistance with the call to police just let me know as they speak only russian. I will make such kind of call for you. =)