PDA

View Full Version : 1st Time in Moscow

gooner
26-02-2014, 16:33
Hi,
I am moving to Moscow next month and looking for advice on a good area to live and be near good activities.
I am single and looking for a one or two bed apartment.
Thanks

stephenk2
26-02-2014, 20:04
It's really gonna depend on your finances and your lifestyle. A general 1 BR inside the brown/circle line is gonna run you around 55,000 rubles/month. Water, hot water, and heat is also generally included (yes, even the 2-3 weeks in the summer when you won't have any hot water at all). Try to steer clear of agents gouging your pockets for an additional months rent (or 2) for their service fees.
As far as locations, everything is personal preference... So, here's mine: there's Universitet, The Patriarch's, located in between Barrikadnaya and Pushkinskaya, Cokol, and Voikovskaya.
Average apartment size is probably somwhere around 50 m2 (538 sq. ft.)

Hope that helps a bit.

robertmf
26-02-2014, 20:06
Hi,
I am moving to Moscow next month and looking for advice on a good area to live and be near good activities.
I am single and looking for a one or two bed apartment.
Thanks

Welcome and привет to expat.ru :wavey:

(4) more legit posts and you have access to [Marketplace] to see what's for rent currently, in addition to thread posts.

Do you говорите :question:

rena
26-02-2014, 22:46
Welcome, if you need cleaning lady for your flat you can send me a message...

MilkandGin
27-02-2014, 00:35
Be careful of ads in the marketplace though. I was looking for positions for a foreigner (American) that do not include teaching English. I responded to the job vacancy for "ITO," and went for an interview with them. They're a brides-by-mail service looking for Americans to perform their customer service work that tries to pass itself off as a Russian business consulting and customer service logistics firm.

I posted an ISO ad recently for an apartment, and the first response I got was asking me for my age, ethnicity, etc., everything shy of my social security and passport numbers. So just be cautious when using these otherwise outstanding features of the site.

If you're asked for information that sounds curious - ensure you ask why its needed.

skotovod
11-03-2014, 11:45
The eastern part is usually cheaper. So the area of Taganskaya (Proletarskaya, Rizhskaya) cold be rented for some 45000 rub. Be careful. It's more reliable to rent if you have some references regarding the flat..