PDA

View Full Version : Native Muscovites

trackhat
22-02-2004, 08:33
The natives of Moscow have this insane elitism to them. For this reason I've come to hate many of them bitterly. It is sufficient to turn up one's nose at someone for being uncultured, etc. and I realise that certain systematic disadvantages have lead Moscow to be more cultured than most Russian cities, but there are also smelly, drunk, toothless, cabbage-eating Muscovites. As someone from somewhere wealthier than Moscow but nominally less appealing (New Jersey,) it reminds me of the time I was walking down Hudson Street in Hoboken and some lower-middle class Italian guy pointed in the window of a Convenient Store and insisted that all of 'them people' (Muslims) should get the hell out. I mumbled something about Sacco and Vanzetti and wandered off.

Speaking of which, what do you think of the Dutch kicking out the asylum seekers? I can imagine some Dutch nationalist sitting in front of his television saying "well hells, I don't want some dark skinned A-rab taking MY job and beating the crap out of MY bi-curious children..."

vanross
22-02-2004, 09:27
I am absolutely against racial profiling or any locality descrimination whatsoever, but being an ex New Yorker I can assure you that New Jersey folks are different from the rest of us. Please, dear truckhat, do not view this as an attempt to insult or humiliate you, but you didn't have to write you were from NJ, it was pretty evident. Yes, there are "cabbage-eating" "vodka-gobbling" moscovites, they are as numerous as Budweiser-drinking rednecks in NJ, the garden state. Can you explain what is the point of your post? What were you trying to convey to the rest of us? I guess it was something like:

R E D N E C K S O F T H E W O R L D, U N I T E!

earl
22-02-2004, 10:23
Originally posted by trackhat
Speaking of which, what do you think of the Dutch kicking out the asylum seekers? I can imagine some Dutch nationalist sitting in front of his television saying "well hells, I don't want some dark skinned A-rab taking MY job and beating the crap out of MY bi-curious children..."

I think I missed the part where it became wrong for the Dutch to determine who they do and don't let in their country.

-earl-

Jet
22-02-2004, 10:54
People I live in the Dutchlands, I can tell u that these idiots have overreacted like they did during the WWII when they deported 70% of its jewish population. As the economy doesn't look good, the Dutch government is looking for something to be proud of, much like that idiot Bush is trying to fight WWIII on its own.

J.D.
22-02-2004, 11:17
also smelly, drunk, toothless, cabbage-eating Muscovites.
Yeah, ya gotta watch out fer them cabbage-eaters. Damn Krauts and their sour-krout, slanty eyed asians and their kim-chi, stinkin Reds with their borsch and worst of all those ****in Americans and monosodium glutamate laden cole-slaw.[

earl
22-02-2004, 11:20
Dude, if you think that Americans put MSG in food, you haven't seen anything until you've been to SEA ;) MSG makes me ill, so I really notice.

-earl-

J.D.
22-02-2004, 11:31
You're not one of them smelly drunk cabbage eaters, are you?

earl
22-02-2004, 11:49
Drunk maybe... depends when you ask ;)

Cabbage is one of the few foods I don't eat. Except occasionally Kimchi.

-earl-

Racing Post
22-02-2004, 14:57
Originally posted by earl
I think I missed the part where it became wrong for the Dutch to determine who they do and don't let in their country.

-earl-

Don't you worry about ANY asylum seekers.

Mr Bliar and his government will welcome them with open arms.

Limitchik
23-02-2004, 05:05
Originally posted by trackhat
The natives of Moscow have this insane elitism to them. For this reason I've come to hate many of them bitterly. It is sufficient to turn up one's nose at someone for being uncultured, etc. and I realise that certain systematic disadvantages have lead Moscow to be more cultured than most Russian cities, but there are also smelly, drunk, toothless, cabbage-eating Muscovites. As someone from somewhere wealthier than Moscow but nominally less appealing (New Jersey,) it reminds me of the time I was walking down Hudson Street in Hoboken and some lower-middle class Italian guy pointed in the window of a Convenient Store and insisted that all of 'them people' (Muslims) should get the hell out. I mumbled something about Sacco and Vanzetti and wandered off.

As a smelly toothless drunken cabbage eater, I take offense at that comment !

Moscow Wolf
23-02-2004, 05:54
I'm smelly too and I'd be glad of a bowl of fried cabbage instead of Chappie once in a while. Plus I reckon I'm prettier and smarter than that big Brown Bear in the next cage. I'd like to see him deported I really would. Does that make me an elitist snob then!

DaveUKagain
23-02-2004, 11:21
"I mumbled something about Sacco and Vanzetti and wandered off."

If I recall rightly, Sacco and Vanzetti were supposed to be innocent and were just inconveniently (or conveniently) found to be armed on a passing streetcar at the time........... :)

J.D.
23-02-2004, 13:24
In the US we welcome asylum seekers but not those merely trying to upgrade their economic well being. I suspect that will change as we use to not let people move into well to neighborhoods unless they were actually well to do. After civil rights legislation we had all kinds of people moving into all kinds of neighborhoods, well upward mobility anyway. So i figure its just a matter of time.

earl
23-02-2004, 20:49
Doubtful. There are too many -- most conservatives and labor unions in particular -- dead against opening immigration restrictions for uneducated immigrants.

I do think we ought to make it easier for educated immigrants to permanently move to the US, instead of encouraging them to come her for 5-6 years then kicking them out. That's just bloody stupid.

-earl-