PDA

View Full Version : Neighbourhood Advice

jasone65
19-02-2014, 14:16
Married with 3 year old, I will be moving from St Pete's to Moscow. It sadly looks like my future job might be rather poorly paid and as such, renting an apartment around the 25k mark, will certainly put me outside the Moscow orbital.
Although my wife is Russian, she knows very little about Moscow and surrounding area's, and I know even less.
Can anyone offer any advice on safe and pleasant area's which might be worth a look, or any other advice would be gratefully received.

FatAndy
19-02-2014, 14:28
Married with 3 year old, I will be moving from St Pete's to Moscow. It sadly looks like my future job might be rather poorly paid and as such, renting an apartment around the 25k mark, will certainly put me outside the Moscow orbital.
Although my wife is Russian, she knows very little about Moscow and surrounding area's, and I know even less.
Can anyone offer any advice on safe and pleasant area's which might be worth a look, or any other advice would be gratefully received.
Dunno about 25K, but try to ask Benedikt about Strogino rayon, it is rather pleasant area. Or Mitino, it is further rayon on the same navy blue line, new one behind MKAD and they have a couple of parks there and 2 metro stations.

Also you may contact tzaritsa, she is professional realtor and has helped a lot of expats to find flats on their expectations. http://www.expat.ru/forum/member.php?u=1752328757

johnson74
19-02-2014, 14:52
Depends on what u are looking at, cause there are a lot of cool areas,out of the MKAD, and well affordable, but if you do not want to live that far, i will recommend, Rayons like Leninskiy prospekt , its a cool area and not far from the center, the prices are not that wild as those in the center.

jasone65
19-02-2014, 15:10
I totally understand that money gives options, I would rather like to live centrally, but thats not gonna happen given the rent. We have been looking on cian.ru to get an idea of whats available. We have been looking at 1 room apartments with a more modern feel, rather than the older soviet looking interiors. I think Benedikt is in Strogino, which looks very nice, but have'nt yet seen anything available at the price level. I have around a month before I move and have a friends place to move to, for a week or or so. That will take the initial sting out of moving and allow viewing time.
Many thanks for the replies thus far.

Benedikt
19-02-2014, 16:23
[QUOTE=FatAndy;1279996]Dunno about 25K, but try to ask Benedikt about Strogino rayon, it is rather pleasant area. Or Mitino, it is further rayon on the same navy blue line, new one behind MKAD and they have a couple of parks there and 2 metro stations.

rather -posh- place we live...:evilgrin:
there is a paper around -КДО- Квартира-дом-Оффис, the russian equivalent for -Flats- Houses- offices- the show per room(1,2,3,4 or more) per district (Strogino, etc) and more. it is quite a thick paper,one advice though, very little that happens there goes private via private, for that it might be appropriate to look in the paper в рук из руки(sp?) - from hand to hand- though the way i understand CAUTION is also advised.
what you can do also, get into the Metro, outside more or less every station you have these papers stuck all over advertising everything from apartments to massage and whatever is needed or not needed.

skotovod
11-03-2014, 12:35
Unfortunately quite a low budget... Eastern and southern suburbs are cheaper, so you can find the appartment closer to mkad. Western (south-western) are more expensive. So the region is better but it will be more fare from Moscow.
Please also think about the the way of your transfer to Moscow. Some suburb cities are linked with Moscow with express elektrichka. So it takes some 30-40 min to come to the downtown. In case you need some support of private real estate agent I'll be glad to recommend you good one.

Ashatan
11-03-2014, 12:58
I have been recently renting a very spacious new 2 bedroom apartment for 30 000 per month in Lyubertsy - it's considered a New Moscow. South-east direction, nearest metro Vykhino, 20 minutes by marshrutka to get there. It all depends on transport issue I guess - will you be driving to your job? Are you OK with marshrutkas/buses? Will travel time be a problem for you?

New Moscow is quite cheap but far away from actual Moscow. You can check Lyubertsy for example here: http://www.cian.ru/cat.php?deal_type=1&obl_id=2&raion_obl_id[1]=121&currency=2&minprice=25000&maxprice=30000&room1=1

But as for Moscow itself, 25 000 will be a very old and poor-looking apartment in the suburbs. Unless you find something thru friends. Or share.

strelka
12-03-2014, 13:42
Check out Odintsovo or Lubertsy. Both towns are rather good and affordable for that price. Good luck!

jasone65
13-03-2014, 18:38
I understand the money is pretty low for the area, but sadly so is the wage.
Im happy to travel by marshrutka, I think driving would be too much agro anyway and extend travel time. I still have 2 weeks before the move and atleast have some area's to focus on now. I'd rather live in a safer area and have a longer commute than put my wife and child in an uncomfortable situation, although my wife is Russian and alot more fiery than me lol.

The key really is better job, better wage, but till then....