PDA

View Full Version : does diet coke make u fat?

Jas
15-02-2014, 22:43
I doubt diet coke makes u fat but on the internet there telling it does cos of insulin like white rice and I dunno what to believe now.

TolkoRaz
15-02-2014, 22:54
Does Fast Food make you fast or slow? ;)

Jas
16-02-2014, 10:08
Does Fast Food make you fast or slow? ;)

I think it makes u slow and want to sleep. I tried to eat a Big Mac once and it's just nothing food and u just feel hungry after it. Useless really. If I didn't eat rice, then I feel like I ate nothing- even milky rice is better than all this fast food rubbish.

Benedikt
16-02-2014, 10:35
I doubt diet coke makes u fat but on the internet there telling it does cos of insulin like white rice and I dunno what to believe now.

because people think they drink diet products and eat low calorie foods they will stay slim...
because of THAT many think they can eat more of other things that are NOT low diet and that is the killer.
also all these artificially sweeteners act indeed on insulin and want to make
you eat more.... HOW that works, a more scientific explanation you find on the net.
and check out also -fattening of pigs quickly- ( no insult or anything else is ment but it is a FACT).
pig factories feed their pigs these sweetners, of course not plain into the food, the pigs eat more and become fatter quicker. BUT the question still is not solved yet, stays that insulin in the pork meat and how does that meat affect people who eat that meat. again, a more and better explanation on the net, i just remember reading about it in connection of something else.

Jas
16-02-2014, 11:08
because people think they drink diet products and eat low calorie foods they will stay slim...
because of THAT many think they can eat more of other things that are NOT low diet and that is the killer.
also all these artificially sweeteners act indeed on insulin and want to make
you eat more.... HOW that works, a more scientific explanation you find on the net.
and check out also -fattening of pigs quickly- ( no insult or anything else is ment but it is a FACT).
pig factories feed their pigs these sweetners, of course not plain into the food, the pigs eat more and become fatter quicker. BUT the question still is not solved yet, stays that insulin in the pork meat and how does that meat affect people who eat that meat. again, a more and better explanation on the net, i just remember reading about it in connection of something else.

Yes, I think it's write as such what ure telling here cos I read how insulin gets increased by sweeteners. It's terrible really. Same thing with rice- but its really impossible to not eat rice I think...

What I found is the killer is carbs more than anything, worse than fat even. I eat only milky rice and it's about 200 carbs a day and I figured out I can only lose weight if I eat less than 50 carbs a day. That just means lean chicken and salad and its very very hard cos I feel I am sort of dying without rice, light headed and faint also. Just how u wud feel if u had no bread, or no potatoes, or no macaroni. What else is there? Tuna?

Nobbynumbnuts
16-02-2014, 11:27
Yes, I think it's write as such what ure telling here cos I read how insulin gets increased by sweeteners. It's terrible really. Same thing with rice- but its really impossible to not eat rice I think...

What I found is the killer is carbs more than anything, worse than fat even. I eat only milky rice and it's about 200 carbs a day and I figured out I can only lose weight if I eat less than 50 carbs a day. That just means lean chicken and salad and its very very hard cos I feel I am sort of dying without rice, light headed and faint also. Just how u wud feel if u had no bread, or no potatoes, or no macaroni. What else is there? Tuna?

Jas, good to see you back.
Many years ago i lost a lot of weight. Part of the diet i used was drinking diet coke. I drank so much of the stuff that now i can't drink the original anymore, don't like the taste. It's okay as part of a calorie controlled diet along with exercise. If your aim is to loose weight, then it can work. What's in it? Is it healthy? Is another story.........

Benedikt
16-02-2014, 11:38
[QUOTE=Jas;1278650]Yes, I think it's write as such what ure telling here cos I read how insulin gets increased by sweeteners. It's terrible really. Same thing with rice- but its really impossible to not eat rice I think...

just not that highly polished, parboiled rice that has been stripped of all vitamins and other -good stuff-. there is brown rice and also black rice (from the USA, technically it is no rice as such but just gr**** but than rice is also not a grain). than there is, right here in Russia, an excellent sort of rice from the -Plov- provinces, no insults intended! i think the rice is being cultivated in Tadzhikistan or Uzbekistan. A darkish sort of rice that does not need so much water as the -Asian- rice. and because not so much is being cultivated, it is rather expensive. but excellent stuff.

Benedikt
16-02-2014, 11:43
That just means lean chicken and salad and its very very hard cos I feel I am sort of dying without rice, light headed and faint also. Just how u wud feel if u had no bread, or no potatoes, or no macaroni. What else is there? Tuna?[/QUOTE]

you can eat bread, but GOOD bread made from GOOD wholewheat flour. be aware though, many cheaper wholewheat breads are made from white flour with molasses added to make it -dark-.
you can eat pasta, but only real pasta made from hard (DURUM) wheat flour. mo MAKFA and other cheapo stuff. AND no cream, fatty parmesan cheese and the like. also very good, pasta made from buckwheat.
and you can eat potatoes. but again, no butter, no sour cream, no cheese. kroshka kartoshka is -out-.

Jas
16-02-2014, 11:49
Jas, good to see you back.
Many years ago i lost a lot of weight. Part of the diet i used was drinking diet coke. I drank so much of the stuff that now i can't drink the original anymore, don't like the taste. It's okay as part of a calorie controlled diet along with exercise. If your aim is to loose weight, then it can work. What's in it? Is it healthy? Is another story.........

Hi, Nobby! C, this is the thing, yes diet coke wud make u fat if u was eating normally and stuff, but I think if ure a on a very restricted diet then even if it pushed up insulin levels- if ure really strictly dieting, then it wud be ok. This seems to be ure own experience and its important to note this also I think.

TolkoRaz
16-02-2014, 11:52
Bread has very high calories - I think on average about 100 calories per slice, so I now avoid it given that the recommended daily intake is about 2000 - 2500 for the average male species.:11033:

Jas
16-02-2014, 11:54
That just means lean chicken and salad and its very very hard cos I feel I am sort of dying without rice, light headed and faint also. Just how u wud feel if u had no bread, or no potatoes, or no macaroni. What else is there? Tuna?

you can eat bread, but GOOD bread made from GOOD wholewheat flour. be aware though, many cheaper wholewheat breads are made from white flour with molasses added to make it -dark-.
you can eat pasta, but only real pasta made from hard (DURUM) wheat flour. mo MAKFA and other cheapo stuff. AND no cream, fatty parmesan cheese and the like. also very good, pasta made from buckwheat.
and you can eat potatoes. but again, no butter, no sour cream, no cheese. kroshka kartoshka is -out-.[/QUOTE]

Ben, I don't agree cos 100 grms of pasta is holding 70.6 carbs, about the same as rice and bread. Now russian brown bread is brown cos do u no how? Cos they put caramel or molasses in it! So it has 55 carbs per 100g, but it has lots of sugar.
U know Ben, honestly, just 100grs of pasta would whack me out for the day, it wudn't be a diet, it wud be a fast track to getting fat. It's really amazing u think it's ok to eat potatoes and durum wheat pasta- cos nothing is more certain to wreck a diet. Its the *carbs*, not fat or no fat. I ate nothing but plain roti for a month and actually put on weight one time.....

Jas
16-02-2014, 11:58
Bread has very high calories - I think on average about 100 calories per slice, so I now avoid it given that the recommended daily intake is about 2000 - 2500 for the average male species.:11033:

I cant eat more than 800 calories. And that can not be from anything with carbs. Ok, its cos of me height and stuff, I admit it, but the issue for anyone is carbs first, then fat, and then calories.
U cud eat tons of bread and just eat maybe 1200 calories- but in carb terms u wud have overloaded with a crazy 250 carbs!!
Btw, a can of Baltika is 330 calories. So that's assage for any woman regardless of ure height.... just sayin'.

Judge
16-02-2014, 12:13
If you wanna lose weight,try not to mix your carbs and proteins and forget diet coke ,drink lots of water.

Talking about Baltika beers, they have a new one on the market Jas, one of their best ever..It's a bargain at 50ru...:11581:

http://eng.baltika.ru/i/brand/164.jpg

Baltika Munich is easy unfiltered wheat beer, which embodied the tradition of the Bavarian brewing. Baltika Breweries studied hundreds recipes of German Weiss Beer and selected the best of them.

Jas
16-02-2014, 12:38
If you wanna lose weight,try not to mix your carbs and proteins and forget diet coke ,drink lots of water.

Talking about Baltika beers, they have a new one on the market Jas, one of their best ever..It's a bargain at 50ru...:11581:

http://eng.baltika.ru/i/brand/164.jpg

Omg! This is amazing cos I love white beer but in CMAK u cudn't get it for less than like 120 rubles.
When I was to Munchen last April I was to the Huffbruhouse and it was crazy and I had this huge glass and I cud hardly lift it even. Great fun. I drank German beer in Kazan also, like Paulaner and franzikcer- but again, very expensive.

Way to go Baltika, and this sort of makes up for the mass extinction of B5- which was a terrible event actually.

Judge
16-02-2014, 13:46
Omg! This is amazing cos I love white beer but in CMAK u cudn't get it for less than like 120 rubles.
When I was to Munchen last April I was to the Huffbruhouse and it was crazy and I had this huge glass and I cud hardly lift it even. Great fun. I drank German beer in Kazan also, like Paulaner and franzikcer- but again, very expensive.

Way to go Baltika, and this sort of makes up for the mass extinction of B5- which was a terrible event actually.

Sorry I lied, just back from shops, it's 44r a bottle,in Auchan it would be even cheaper,around 38ru.

Benedikt
16-02-2014, 14:09
Ben, I don't agree

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/food/potato-rice-bread-pasta.htm

of course you can not STUFF yourself. but the most important thing i did not mention yet. Movement/not necessary -hard- sport and the like. no gym is needed, nothing fancy for sure. but being on a diet and doing nothing else will for sure not work.
light walking, easy jogging, walking up the stairs instead of using the lift, definitely walking down the stairs. walking to the shop, if it is not that far away.
get a dog if you can, if the family agrees and the circumstances allow. you have to get out in the fresh air, if YOU want or not, the dog needs and wants. and not just around the block of flats. at least an hour or more. and don't think a little yorkie will get tired. big mistake....

bydand
16-02-2014, 14:13
Jas,
All carbohydrates are not the same. Simple carbs like sugar and alcohol, your body metabolizes very quickly. If you don't burn them off through activity, they get metabolized into fat to store the energy. Complex carbs, what Ben was suggesting, don't metabolize as fast, so you have a better chance of burning them off before they get turned into fat. I remember in the 70's Marathoners were all talking about "packing carbs" to sustain them over the long haul; but they had to be complex carbs.

Doctors recommend to diabetics (insulin problem) take a walk (or something) after your meal to help normalize the metabolism. My father had Type II diabetes and did this (along with watching his diet, and monitoring blood sugar). Eventually the doctor told him "your cured". You could check your own blood sugar, even if not diabetic, and would soon learn which are simple carbs and which complex. Google glycemic index and you'll get the idea, but everyone's metabolism is different, so testing is best.

Too bad you don't like MEAT!:evilgrin:

Benedikt
16-02-2014, 14:25
Complex carbs, what Ben was suggesting, don't metabolize as fast, so you have a better chance of burning them off before they get turned into fat.

before one attempts to dieting one for sure should see the doctor. only a qualified person can and will suggest how to and SAFELY to loose weight if needed or wanted.
for the rest, they only fill the wallets and coffers of multi nationals. in my many years as Chef ( and also cooking diet) i NEVER have seen ANY of these wonder cures to work!

natlee
16-02-2014, 19:32
Bread has very high calories - I think on average about 100 calories per slice, so I now avoid it given that the recommended daily intake is about 2000 - 2500 for the average male species.:11033: Wow.....

TolkoRaz
16-02-2014, 20:27
In my previous life, I was eating 4 - 5,000 calories a day due to the physical nature of the work. Now work is slightly less physical, I can survive on much less calories :)

penka
16-02-2014, 21:34
In my previous life, I was eating 4 - 5,000 calories a day due to the physical nature of the work. Now work is slightly less physical, I can survive on much less calories :)

I am glad, you've discovered weaponry to be useful in your line of work:D

penka
16-02-2014, 21:37
If one eats in moderation, one can eat anything. If one stuffs one's face one is prone to get fat. Cows eat grass and no carbs or sweets. Certainly, they do not indulge in alcohol. Are they normally skinny?

Benedikt
16-02-2014, 21:51
If one eats in moderation, one can eat anything. If one stuffs one's face one is prone to get fat. Cows eat grass and no carbs or sweets. Certainly, they do not indulge in alcohol. Are they normally skinny?

moooooo!:jawdrop:

natlee
16-02-2014, 21:53
Cows eat grass and no carbs or sweets. Certainly, they do not indulge in alcohol. Are they normally skinny? :D :D :D

Jas
17-02-2014, 12:01

Er, some foods are like a trigger and u will just gobble up more and more, like rice for example, no one in this world ever just is eating a handful or whatever cos its nature is to make u want to eat it.
If its tofu or crackers, different story. C what I mean, or no?

penka
17-02-2014, 12:15
Er, some foods are like a trigger and u will just gobble up more and more, like rice for example, no one in this world ever just is eating a handful or whatever cos its nature is to make u want to eat it.
If its tofu or crackers, different story. C what I mean, or no?

No, I don't. I don't show affection for rice.

Overeating makes the stomach to stretch and as a result one craves more to feel satisfied with a meal.

Constant dieting, especially of a half-starvation type can easily mess up one's metabolism. If one got a hormonal disbalance (say, malfunctioning thyroid gland) one can put on weight even without overeating.

bydand
17-02-2014, 16:34
Jas, do you like peanuts?

Penka, grass is a complex carbohydrate. So complex humans find no nutritional value, but cows can metabolize it. Concerning alcohol and cows, they will break down a fence to get to fermenting corn silage, if they have imbibed before!

Anyway, I'm feeling a bit pedantic; don't get me started.:10293:

penka
17-02-2014, 16:38
Jas, do you like peanuts?

Penka, grass is a complex carbohydrate. So complex humans find no nutritional value, but cows can metabolize it. Concerning alcohol and cows, they will break down a fence to get to fermenting corn silage, if they have imbibed before!

Anyway, I'm feeling a bit pedantic; don't get me started.:10293:

Vegetarians can metabolise the rabbit food. Some of them are even slim:)

PS What's imbibed? (Geez, I am learning some advanced words here!!! Thanks!)

AstarD
17-02-2014, 16:44
Imbibe means to drink adult beverages.

bydand
17-02-2014, 16:45
Vegetarians can metabolise the rabbit food.
:11629::iagree:

Let them eat grass.

Leave the meat for us!

bydand
17-02-2014, 16:48
VERB
[WITH OBJECT]
• formal , often • humorous
1drink (alcohol):
they were imbibing far too many pitchers of beer
MORE EXAMPLE SENTENCES
SYNONYMS
1.1absorb or assimilate (ideas or knowledge):
if one does not imbibe the culture one cannot succeed
MORE EXAMPLE SENTENCES
SYNONYMS
1.2chiefly Botany (especially of seeds) absorb (water) into ultramicroscopic spaces or pores.
MORE EXAMPLE SENTENCES
1.3 Botany place (seeds) in water in order for them to absorb it.

FatAndy
17-02-2014, 17:01
All carbohydrates are not the same.
:agree:

Simple carbs like sugar and alcohol, your body metabolizes very quickly.
It depends, not every alcohol falls under carbohydrates. Ethanol doesn't BTW ;)

Too bad you don't like MEAT!:evilgrin:

What can be better than juicy pork chop? Only lamb shashlyk (well marinaded in wine)!
:trampoline:

penka
17-02-2014, 17:45

What can be better than juicy pork chop? Only lamb shashlyk (well marinaded in wine)!
:trampoline:

Hmm, they steel food from our food!!!!!

natlee
17-02-2014, 17:53
I cannot believe there are people who cannot get enough of rice - unless it's sushi they're having! Yuuuum! :tongue:

FatAndy
17-02-2014, 17:56
I cannot believe there are people who cannot get enough of rice - unless it's sushi they're having! Yuuuum! :tongue:
As (in)famous Russian writer Andrey Bitov noticed, there are many people who get all needed substances from vodka!:rasta:

penka
17-02-2014, 17:58
As (in)famous Russian writer Andrey Bitov noticed, there are many people who get all needed substances from vodka!:rasta:

Vodka is a perfect vegetarian food!:)

bydand
17-02-2014, 18:02

Your source for this tidbit of information?

Looks like carbon (C) and hydrogen (H) to me, and yes with an (O)xygen to keep them precariously "stable".

Carbon-Hydrogen
Carbo-Hydrate

I warned I'm being pedantic.

FatAndy
17-02-2014, 18:19
Your source for this tidbit of information?
Yankee Doodle sounds here. ;)
"Basic principles of organic chemistry", John D. Roberts and Marjorie C. Caserio, California Inst. of Tech., W. A. Bemjamin, Inc., Amsterdam-NY, 1964, Russian translation by Mir, Moscow, 1978 - my basic student's book in Uni on organic chemistry. Links to DJVU image files (2 volumes) are available by PM. These people insist on (CH2O)n formula (or very close balance of atomic composition). BTW BSE (Big Soviet Encyclopaedia) agrees.

Looks like carbon (C) and hydrogen (H) to me, and yes with an (O)xygen to keep them precariously "stable".
It will be stable even w/o oxygen, as ethane molecule.

I warned I'm being pedantic.
I appreciate it, bro!:beerbros:

Vodka is a perfect vegetarian food!:)
Moreover if it's made of woods!:devilish:

bydand
17-02-2014, 18:52
:neiner:Ethane is not stable in my book, quickly becomes a more stable compound.:neiner:

FatAndy
17-02-2014, 19:00
:neiner:Ethane is not stable in my book, quickly becomes a more stable compound.:neiner:
It's up to you, we live in the democratic country (C) ;)

Jas
17-02-2014, 19:49
No, I don't. I don't show affection for rice.

Overeating makes the stomach to stretch and as a result one craves more to feel satisfied with a meal.

Constant dieting, especially of a half-starvation type can easily mess up one's metabolism. If one got a hormonal disbalance (say, malfunctioning thyroid gland) one can put on weight even without overeating.

Ok penka, eat carbs and get fat and dont cry about it then. That tyre many got on theyre waste is carbs, the assage is carbs. The alternative is fish, steamed vegetables, yoghurt, grilled chicken with no skin, fruit, like that.

Rice btw is the basis of food usually, like bread or potatoes or macroni, so its obvious what I mean.

AstarD
17-02-2014, 19:51
Are you eating brown rice, Jas? That's much less carb heavy than white rice, and is full of good minerals and vitamins, as well as fiber to keep you regular.

penka
17-02-2014, 20:05
Ok penka, eat carbs and get fat and dont cry about it then. That tyre many got on theyre waste is carbs, the assage is carbs. The alternative is fish, steamed vegetables, yoghurt, grilled chicken with no skin, fruit, like that.

Rice btw is the basis of food usually, like bread or potatoes or macroni, so its obvious what I mean.

Not where I come from, rice is not.

AstarD
17-02-2014, 20:08
Bread is the main basis food in Europe. Now with potatoes added.

Jas
17-02-2014, 21:27
Not where I come from, rice is not.

Like ure not russian? Rice is every place in russia, u can get pilau any place with beef or chicken or white rice and mutton. U must be from kaliningrad or something.

Jas
17-02-2014, 21:28
Are you eating brown rice, Jas? That's much less carb heavy than white rice, and is full of good minerals and vitamins, as well as fiber to keep you regular.

Its just the same usual 76grms of carbs per 100g. Deadly.

AstarD
18-02-2014, 11:37
Indeed. But the fiber that is left on the shell moves it through your system while disallowing some absorbtion of the calories. Not all calories are equal. And not all calories are absorbed by the body.

bydand
18-02-2014, 17:15
White rice
White rice isn’t as fluffy and harmless as it seems. “Aside from being stripped of nutrients, fiber and antioxidants, white rice is digested and absorbed quickly, creating a spike in blood sugar and insulin, leading to fat storage,” says New York Rangers nutritionist Cynthia S**** R.D.

Stock this instead: Brown, red, black or wild rice
Pick up brown rice or pilaf in the grocery store, or ask the Chinese takeout guy to substitute brown rice for white. It might cost a few more bucks, but it’ll be worth it. “Whole-grain rice options are higher in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fiber, and are digested and absorbed more slowly, which leads to a slower rise in blood sugar and insulin, allowing your cells to burn the good starch for fuel, rather than stock it away in fat cells,” says Sass.

Full article:
http://healthyliving.msn.com/nutrition/14-foods-to-kick-out-of-the-kitchen-forever#4

FatAndy
18-02-2014, 17:25
this instead: Brown, red, black or wild rice
Aha, so WM inventory on them... or margin - is higher than usual?:)