PDA

View Full Version : Olympics Opening Ceremony

TolkoRaz
07-02-2014, 23:06
Well Done Russia - Great show - love the colours and the fireworks! :)

May the games well & truly begin, and be forever peaceful! :)

SV1973a
07-02-2014, 23:42
Well Done Russia - Great show - love the colours and the fireworks! :)

May the games well & truly begin, and be forever peaceful! :)

Nice, but let me ask you the question that whole Russia wants to know.
Who was that blond girl sitting next to Putin ???

TolkoRaz
07-02-2014, 23:51
As an aside, I hear that tonight's attempted hijacking of a plane from Kharkhiv in the UKR to Istanbul is not as it seems!

I understand that a drunken man tried to control the aircraft and change direction to Sochi, but my very well placed sources tell me that the drunken man who tried to take control of the plane was actually the pilot! ;)

TolkoRaz
07-02-2014, 23:52
Nice, but let me ask you the question that whole Russia wants to know.
Who was that blond girl sitting next to Putin ???

As suspected, Mrs Putin carried the torch in the final relay! ;)

natlee
08-02-2014, 00:11
The Olympic Mishka :bedtime:

SV1973a
08-02-2014, 00:17
The Olympic Mishka :bedtime:

I noticed this image too. Didn`t stay on screen for long, camera immediately went to something else.

Still, the question is : who was the blond girl sitting next to VVP ?

natlee
08-02-2014, 00:22
I noticed this image too. Didn`t stay on screen for long, camera immediately went to something else.

Still, the question is : who was the blond girl sitting next to VVP ? What girl? :suspect:

SV1973a
08-02-2014, 00:23
What girl? :suspect:

There was a blond girl sitting next to Putin. On the one side, Thomas Bach, on the other a blond girl,

natlee
08-02-2014, 00:32
There was a blond girl sitting next to Putin. On the one side, Thomas Bach, on the other a blond girl, The only blond 'girl' I can recall was Tatiana Tarasova :D

SV1973a
08-02-2014, 00:41
The only blond 'girl' I can recall was Tatiana Tarasova :D

She was sitting next to Dima. I am talking about the girl next to Putin.
Damn, where is Russian Lad when you need him?

Russian Lad
08-02-2014, 01:11
Damn, where is Russian Lad when you need him?

You seriously assume I was watching this sh't?:) I did take a peek for like five minutes, then switched it off. Fully agree with our mishka on this one.:)

robertmf
08-02-2014, 03:43
As an aside, I hear that tonight's attempted hijacking of a plane from Kharkhiv in the UKR to Istanbul is not as it seems!

I understand that a drunken man tried to control the aircraft and change direction to Sochi, but my very well placed sources tell me that the drunken man who tried to take control of the plane was actually the pilot! ;)

You need better sources. :nerd: Ask me next time :Loco:

What do you think of US Victoria [-]Numbnuts[/-] Nuland :question:

What happened to the red ring on the Olympics opening :question:

:drunk:

Alan65
08-02-2014, 04:48
As suspected, Mrs Putin carried the torch in the final relay! ;)

Do you have any youtube links ....its not even making the news in the UK

BabyFirefly
08-02-2014, 05:10
I'm a sucker for Olympic opening ceremonies so I'm quite happily watching them

robertmf
08-02-2014, 05:41

I wonder who wins the trip to Siberia for the missing red 5th ring :question:

The Jamaican bob sled team + equipment made it in yesterday. I want to see them.

robertmf
08-02-2014, 07:19

I watched the Russians come on. Oh myyyyyyyyy that woman could walk :bong: She was better than John Wayne in Red River

robertmf
08-02-2014, 09:18

Somebody got Sharapova to be there :) Political statement :question:

BabyFirefly
08-02-2014, 09:38

One drop rule.

Periwinkle
08-02-2014, 09:44
I did not watch any but the photos I saw online looked very pretty, with the inflatable St Basils, teapots, floating islands, fireworks etc. Very fairly tale like.

TolkoRaz
08-02-2014, 11:45

Why? :confused: I think Masha carried the National Flag at the London Olympics. And, more poignantly, Masha was born in Sochi! :book:

vossy7
08-02-2014, 12:45
Why? :confused: I think Masha carried the National Flag at the London Olympics. And, more poignantly, Masha was born in Sochi! :book:

Fully agree, just watching the snowboarding ,spectacular.....hope the games continue in this wonderful vein!

Sana
08-02-2014, 13:48
Please people help me!! , I have two questions to ask. I didn't manage to watch everything yesterday. So 1) Who carried the torch? And 2) Who was the blond girl sitting next to VV?

natlee
08-02-2014, 13:55
1) Carried by Мария Шарапова, Елена Исинбаева, Александр Карелин and Алина Кабаева, lit by Ирина Роднина and Владислав Третьяк.

Sana
08-02-2014, 13:59
[QUOTE=natlee;1275596]1)

Thanks but who was the blond one sitting next to VV?

Russian Lad
08-02-2014, 14:00
Wonder what Sharapova and Kabaeva, for instance, have to do with the Winter Olympics, lol. It's a total f'ck up.

Thanks but who was the blond one sitting next to VV?

Irina Skvortsova. Surely a PR stunt for our lustrous Leader.

natlee
08-02-2014, 14:02
Thanks but who was the blond one sitting next to VV? No clue!

Sana
08-02-2014, 14:02
Wonder what Sharapova and Kabaeva have to do with Winter Olympics, lol. It's a total f'ck up.

Irina Skvortsova.

Very beautiful btw..... But....I wonder ...who the hell she is?

natlee
08-02-2014, 14:03
Irina Skvortsova. Thanks, who is she? :suspect:

natlee
08-02-2014, 14:05
Wonder what Sharapova and Kabaeva, for instance, have to do with the Winter Olympics, lol. It's a total f'ck up. Like Tolko said, Sharapova was born in Sochi, and it's not like we'll have a chance to host summer Olympics in this lifetime ;)

Russian Lad
08-02-2014, 14:06
Bobsleigh, got many bones broken in Germany a while back, it was in the news.

Like Tolko said, Sharapova was born in Sochi

It doesn't seem to be relevant at all.

vossy7
08-02-2014, 14:14
[QUOTE=Russian Lad;1275599]Wonder what Sharapova and Kabaeva, for instance, have to do with the Winter Olympics, lol. It's a total f'ck up.

Come on RL lighten up, don't believe there are any rules about a famous sportsperson opening a famous sporting event especially given they were born where the event is taking place , just enjoy the sporting aspect of it and forget the freeking politics :wavey:

okiey
08-02-2014, 14:17
Amazing opening ceremony!!!

natlee
08-02-2014, 14:19
It doesn't seem to be relevant at all. I think it is - sport connection, city connection, but mostly, she's pretty much our most famous girl these days :confused:

Russian Lad
08-02-2014, 14:23
I think it is - sport connection, city connection, but mostly, she's pretty much our most famous girl these days

She lives and trains in the US. Just shows the current level of patriotism of the putinists. They seem to have lost even the meaning of this word.

TolkoRaz
08-02-2014, 15:40
I think it is - sport connection, city connection, but mostly, she's pretty much our most famous girl these days :confused:

Agree! ;)

FatAndy
08-02-2014, 15:48
Agree! ;)
Absolutely, Tolik.

:iloveyou: Our girlzzz are our everything! :cool:

They seem to have lost even the meaning of this word.
Moreover, these damned putinists even perverted the meaning!:cussing:
:rofl:

TolkoRaz
08-02-2014, 17:10
Absolutely, Tolik.

:iloveyou: Our girlzzz are our everything! :cool:

Moreover, these damned putinists even perverted the meaning!:cussing:
:rofl:

This appears to be the best the British have to offer the men.

http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/index.php/extwidget/openGraph/wid/1_dx5ir8wz

I just hope she is not London's leading laptop dancer! :eek:

My advice is that if she wishes to loose weight, she needs a more energetic routine! ;)

natlee
08-02-2014, 17:12
Agree! ;) Meh! ;)

TolkoRaz
08-02-2014, 17:59
Double Meh! :p

natlee
08-02-2014, 18:37
Double Meh! :p Triple meh or should we stop there? ;) :D

robertmf
08-02-2014, 18:49

Yeah Yeah. She sure didn't have a problem. I like gesture. Did you notice she has no accent :question: She talks just like *Babygirl* :1306:

Can you put a stamp on the woman's forehead who led the Russians and mail her to Telford, PA, USA :question:

Carl
08-02-2014, 19:08
1) Carried by Мария Шарапова, Елена Исинбаева, Александр Карелин and Алина Кабаева, lit by Ирина Роднина and Владислав Третьяк.

Sharapova lives in the US, Isinbayeva seems to hate her home town of Volgograd and wants to relocate to Monaco, Rodnina spent decades living in the US of A where her daughter was educated and still lives..and Tretiak ran/runs(?) a training school in Canada where he spends a large amount of his time. Couldn't VVP could find better representatives of the "Rodina" for last nights show?

robertmf
08-02-2014, 19:23
Sharapova lives in the US, Isinbayeva seems to hate her home town of Volgograd and wants to relocate to Monaco, Rodnina spent decades living in the US of A where her daughter was educated and still lives..and Tretiak ran/runs(?) a training school in Canada where he spends a large amount of his time. Couldn't VVP could find better representatives of the "Rodina" for last nights show?

:11629: At least here the variouse countries where introduced along with where they are living. Amazing number were USA. More than I thought would be.

Everybody except the Jamaican bob sled team which I will follow

Russian Lad
08-02-2014, 20:50

That's the problem with all those god)amn putinists - they just come here to collect the cash and to participate in ceremonies, while they prefer living and working elsewhere. Patriots of Russia, the f'ck they really are. Even the president's daughters are somewhere abroad. Why doesn't he send them to work or to study somewhere in Russia he loves so much, allegedly?

Carl
08-02-2014, 20:58
That's the problem with all those god)amn putinists - they just come here to collect the cash and to participate in ceremonies, while they prefer living and working elsewhere. Patriots of Russia, the f'ck they really are. Even the president's daughters are somewhere abroad. Why doesn't he send them to work or to study somewhere in Russia he loves so much, allegedly?

How do you say "Hypocrisy" in Russian?
Also just realized 5 of the 6 (excluding Sharapova) are card holding members of United Russia.. Seems membership has it's privileges!

robertmf
08-02-2014, 21:08
Even the president's daughters are somewhere abroad. Why doesn't he send them to work or to study somewhere in Russia he loves so much, allegedly?

That is interesting. I wonder where VVP's $$$$ is located :question:

:10305:

Russian Lad
08-02-2014, 21:10
How do you say "Hypocrisy" in Russian?

Лицемерие.

Suuryaa
08-02-2014, 21:18
That is interesting. I wonder where VVP's $$$$ is located :question:

:10305:

The Vatican Bank?

Russian Lad
08-02-2014, 21:25
That is interesting. I wonder where VVP's $$$$ is located

The Vatican Bank?

Abramovich and Timchenko (Rosneft) are often referred to as his money men. We have zero information how the Central Bank prints money and who really controls it on the Russian side, maybe he has a private printing press right in his Kremlin dining room and is at it whenever he needs more cash, who knows.:)

xt-tsi
08-02-2014, 21:47
the opening ceremony was crap

rumple_stilskin
08-02-2014, 22:24
I wonder if Obama watched the opening ceremony on TV at home, I suppose so.

Capman
08-02-2014, 23:15
I wonder if Obama watched the opening ceremony on TV at home, I suppose so.

I heard he was stuck in customs. :farout:

TolkoRaz
08-02-2014, 23:43
I heard he was stuck in customs. :farout:

I hope he is still there getting the rubber glove treatment! :D

rumple_stilskin
08-02-2014, 23:53
I hope he is still there getting the rubber glove treatment! :D

he would enjoy it

TolkoRaz
08-02-2014, 23:55
That rumour I have also heard, especially if it was a male hand! ;)

At least, nobody can suggest that VVP is gay or bi-sexual! :10310:

natlee
09-02-2014, 00:04
At least, nobody can suggest that VVP is gay or bi-sexual! :10310: One may suggest.. but one values life too much :eek: :D ;)

Alan65
09-02-2014, 02:28

Russian universities are sh!t and working in Russia is sh!t....just a thought.

Why are you thinking of leaving and going to Thailand.

BabyFirefly
09-02-2014, 02:35
I want that screen floor thing they had at the ceremony. I want it all over my house.

vossy7
09-02-2014, 08:28
the opening ceremony was crap

From where your head is how does the inside of your anus look?

VicY
09-02-2014, 09:30
Russian universities are sh!t and working in Russia is sh!t....just a thought.

:7525: :7525: :7525: :7525: :7525:

vossy7
09-02-2014, 10:07
[QUOTE=Alan65;1275835]Russian universities are sh!t and working in Russia is sh!t....just a thought.

And your thought is from the epitome of ........s#%^, just a fact!

Russian Lad
09-02-2014, 10:36
Why are you thinking of leaving and going to Thailand.

Not to work for someone or to study. I am not a patriot of the current Russia at all though. Why should I be? I have no feeling of belonging here and I am quite outspoken about it. I don't want to be a brainwashed slave of putinists.

Sana
09-02-2014, 10:53
That rumour I have also heard, especially if it was a male hand! ;)

At least, nobody can suggest that VVP is gay or bi-sexual! :10310:

But I think vv will enjoy to become gay or a bi-sexual. Once he tries, he will get addicted immediately - that's for sure will bring him a lot of pleasures,

penka
09-02-2014, 10:56
Not to work for someone or to study. I am not a patriot of the current Russia at all though. Why should I be? I have no feeling of belonging here and I am quite outspoken about it. I don't want to be a brainwashed slave of putinists.

Okokok, everyone got the message already:) Pack your bags and off you go. No need for the very last Chinese warning:D

Russian Lad
09-02-2014, 11:05
Okokok, everyone got the message already Pack your bags and off you go. No need for the very last Chinese warning

It is not a warning, it is a threat. :bird:

Capman
09-02-2014, 13:06
But I think vv will enjoy to become gay or a bi-sexual. Once he tries, he will get addicted immediately - that's for sure will bring him a lot of pleasures,

There was a Mexican comedian in the U.S. for the life of me I can't remember his name, but he used to make fun of the gay community.

one of his lines was...

Gay man: How do you know you won't like it if you never tried?

Comedian: I've also never tried cutting my leg off with a chainsaw, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like it. :iagree:

vossy7
09-02-2014, 18:33
So two gays are standing at a bar drinking vodka martinis and a young fit guy walks past and let's a sharp loud fart and one of the gays says to his friend "virgin":lick:

Capman
09-02-2014, 18:43
So two gays are standing at a bar drinking vodka martinis and a young fit guy walks past and let's a sharp loud fart and one of the gays says to his friend "virgin":lick:

AAaaakkk :eek:

vossy7
09-02-2014, 20:05
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hlqucwyYXaU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DhlqucwyYXaU
Moral of the story if you are in the shower in Sochi with some Canadians ......don't drop your soap:10189:

harun
09-02-2014, 22:54
it was a great show!

Russian Lad
09-02-2014, 23:08
it was a great show!

As I understand, the putinists f'cked it up big time. For USD 55 billion, one would assume at least the mechanisms would be operating at the most crucial point of the ceremony. But no... They don't even deserve to be speaking my language. My country sent the first man to space, defeated Napoleon, won WW-II. These monkeys cannot make torches burning or a simple construction working for over 1 trillion rubles, and they sleep throughout this entire sh't anyway, with the whole world watching them snore. Send them to Kongo or Zimbabwe, I say.

Со‡и 2014 Не о‚ꈋлосŒ одно колŒ†о - YouTube

Alan65
10-02-2014, 00:30
As I understand, the putinists f'cked it up big time. For USD 55 billion, one would assume at least the mechanisms would be operating at the most crucial point of the ceremony. But no... They don't even deserve to be speaking my language. My country sent the first man to space, defeated Napoleon, won WW-II. These monkeys cannot make torches burning or a simple construction working for over 1 trillion rubles, and they sleep throughout this entire sh't anyway, with the whole world watching them snore. Send them to Kongo or Zimbabwe, I say.

Сочи 2014 Не открылось одно кольцо - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RAj9GT04Nk)

RL...what have you got against the Congo or Zim that you want to send these people there....have they not suffered enough in Africa....you are a cruel person :D

Alan65
10-02-2014, 01:14
London 2012

Dizzee Rascal - Opening Ceremony Performance | London 2012 Olympics - YouTube

vs the Gay pigs

http://www.mixmag.net/words/news/russian-police-choir-sing-get-lucky

vossy7
10-02-2014, 01:29
London 2012

Dizzee Rascal - Opening Ceremony Performance | London 2012 Olympics - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60nEMZeHim8)

vs the Gay pigs

http://www.mixmag.net/words/news/russian-police-choir-sing-get-lucky

Are you still on the Baileys from your parent's wedding?

Alan65
10-02-2014, 01:38
The firth Olympic ring finally come out

Alan65
10-02-2014, 01:43
Are you still on the Baileys from your parent's wedding?

Shut it...we never f()cked an Olympic opening..

How Russia f()cked up is priceless....you can not even get five rings up ....Bwhahahahahahha

You are total mugs on on an international stage.

$50bn....f()cking priceless.

Get your gay coppers out ))))

vossy7
10-02-2014, 01:48
Shut it...we never f()cked an Olympic opening..

How Russia f()cked up is priceless....you can not even get five rings up ....Bwhahahahahahha

You are total mugs on on an international stage.

$50bn....f()cking priceless,

Ahh, Alan my mate your true colours are finally coming through we all know you are very trucking nice blue guy!

natlee
10-02-2014, 01:51
Wow Alan... just wow :nut:

vossy7
10-02-2014, 01:54
Wow Alan... just wow :nut:

Nat, do you really know this guy?

Russian Lad
10-02-2014, 01:54
Well, did Alan say anything wrong? It is a major f'ck up and it is taped on video. We need to get rid of these losers in the Kremlin.
:thumbdwn:

natlee
10-02-2014, 01:55
Nat, do you really know this guy? About as well as you do - just a bit longer, perhaps :)

vossy7
10-02-2014, 02:05
Well, did Alan say anything wrong? It is a major f'ck up and it is taped on video. We need to get rid of these losers in the Kremlin.

Just feel that you are better placed to make a judgment call than what our ,presumed, esteemed fellow poster can make ........has he ever lived here for example?

natlee
10-02-2014, 02:08
For RL and Alan :)

http://dailycurrant.com/2014/02/08/man-responsible-for-olympic-ring-mishap-found-dead-in-sochi/

Russian Lad
10-02-2014, 02:09
has he ever lived here for example?

Don't know about that, but he has an axe to grind with them too, and the enemy of my enemy is my friend (C).:)

vossy7
10-02-2014, 02:09
About as well as you do - just a bit longer, perhaps :)

With that overly assertive streak showing just in posting I guess you are glad you didn't take it beyond the posting stage......,just a thought as Alan would say!

Alan65
10-02-2014, 02:12
For RL and Alan :)

http://dailycurrant.com/2014/02/08/man-responsible-for-olympic-ring-mishap-found-dead-in-sochi/

So sad.

Russian justice?

Russian Lad
10-02-2014, 02:12
For RL and Alan

http://dailycurrant.com/2014/02/08/m...dead-in-sochi/

Just proves my point. Second corpse already. If this info is true.

Alan65
10-02-2014, 02:15
Don't know about that, but he has an axe to grind with them too, and the enemy of my enemy is my friend (C).:)

I don't have any axes to grind....but trust me when I see someone put themselves up on a pedestal saying how great they are I will love to see them fall.

natlee
10-02-2014, 02:16
So sad.

Russian justice?

Just proves my point. Second corpse already. If this info is true. You two are kidding, right? :suspect:

Alan65
10-02-2014, 02:20
Just feel that you are better placed to make a judgment call than what our ,presumed, esteemed fellow poster can make ........has he ever lived here for example?

I never need to live in Russia, I learn enough by working there!

Russian Lad
10-02-2014, 02:22
Anyway, this article looks like a bad joke.

Alan65
10-02-2014, 02:26
You two are kidding, right? :suspect:

Of course I am ....everything is just peachy in Russia...I am just kidding )

vossy7
10-02-2014, 02:31
I never need to live in Russia, I learn enough by working there!

Just as I expected!

Alan65
10-02-2014, 02:35
Just as I expected!

Well...until Russian start putting their hand in their pocket and start paying us for our tech....quite frankly, they can piss off.

vossy7
10-02-2014, 02:43
Well...until Russian start putting their hand in their pocket and start paying us for our tech....quite frankly, they can piss off.

Mate, you are my mate of course, you are so utterly predictable it beggars belief, you say you have never lived in Russia , just work or truck through yet you try to engage in inane debate about subject matter you haven't got one iota about so I would return the piss off compliment to you my very special mate!

Alan65
10-02-2014, 02:48
Mate, you are my mate of course, you are so utterly predictable it beggars belief, you say you have never lived in Russia , just work or truck through yet you try to engage in inane debate about subject matter you haven't got one iota about so I would return the piss off compliment to you my very special mate!

Fine ..I have no Iota about many issues in Russia...good night, I will shut up.

Speak to me when you know how to manufacture a washing machine.

Russian Lad
British-Irish mud-slinging contest again?:)

natlee
Anyway, this article looks like a bad joke. :rolleyes:

vossy7
10-02-2014, 03:00

Up the IRA:7534:

vossy7
10-02-2014, 03:03
Fine ..I have no Iota about many issues in Russia...good night, I will shut up.

Speak to me when you know how to manufacture a washing machine.

Changed your profession yet again........always figured you for a Bosch!

Nobbynumbnuts
10-02-2014, 03:54

Сочи 2014 Не открылось одно кольцо - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RAj9GT04Nk)

The London Olympics also f*cked up on the first day. Remember we put the South Korean flag up when the North Koreans won a medal? Very embarrassing. Went on to be a very successful games though. Sh*t happens.

Oh and we also stuffed Napoleon, twice! :p

robertmf
10-02-2014, 04:34
Remember we put the South Korean flag up when the North Koreans won a medal? Very embarrassing.

"Accidentally on purpose" eh wot :11581:

sashadidi
10-02-2014, 05:13
Oh and we also stuffed Napoleon, twice! :p
A long time ago and I think you had help from the Prussians?? on at least one occasion........:D

Just for the record apparently what passed as the the French army actually has the best overall war winning ratio in Europe (they tapered off badly in the last 200 years....)

Quote: France has one of the best military records by country, and they have taken part in more wars than any other country in the world. Out of 168 battles fought since 387 BC, France has won 109, lost 49 and drawn 10.

robertmf
10-02-2014, 05:24
Just for the record apparently what passed as the the French army actually has the best overall war winning ratio in Europe (they tapered off badly in the last 200 years....)

:10475: Eating frogs legs and goose livers is good for the fighting man :question:

Alan65
10-02-2014, 08:03
A long time ago and I think you had help from the Prussians?? on at least one occasion........:D

Quote: France has one of the best military records by country, and they have taken part in more wars than any other country in the world. Out of 168 battles fought since 387 BC, France has won 109, lost 49 and drawn 10.

Almost as good as their football team....mind you obe win agaibst the micks did have a helping hand from Thierry Henry.

Alan65
10-02-2014, 08:07
Up the IRA:7534:

How is your potato harvest this year.

vossy7
10-02-2014, 09:29
How is your potato harvest this year.

LOL took you some time to Google that one Bosch!

Nobbynumbnuts
10-02-2014, 10:00

Ah, but Nelson (God rest his sole) beat the Spanish AND French at Trafalga with a smaller fleet and less men.

Anyway, i hope the games are successful and peaceful. Long live the olympic ideal.

FatAndy
10-02-2014, 10:16
Sanochka, do you describe your own experience, or, maybe, friends-colleagues-relatives? ;)

Judge
10-02-2014, 10:22
It was a very enjoyable ceremony to watch,not too over the top,just the right touches to showcase Russia's rich culture and history,some very clever ideas put together. I enjoyed the Maslenitsa part, very colourful and fun.

TolkoRaz
10-02-2014, 11:38

Only a former French Foreign Legionnaire would know those statistics! ;) BTW Sasha, my son is spending 5 weeks in the Gabon jungle training with the Legion at the moment - he is having a great time :)

Russian Lad
10-02-2014, 12:14
The London Olympics also f*cked up on the first day. Remember we put the South Korean flag up when the North Koreans won a medal? Very embarrassing. Went on to be a very successful games though. Sh*t happens.

A f[ck up is a f;ck up, no excuses. It is not like I am expecting the current GB to be much better off than the putinist Russia, it is the side view of basically the same cesspit. After all, you accept the dirty money stolen and embezzled in Russia (Bereza, Abramovich, etc.), it puts your government on the same illegitimate level in my eyes.

sashadidi
10-02-2014, 12:16
Only a former French Foreign Legionnaire would know those statistics! ;) BTW Sasha, my son is spending 5 weeks in the Gabon jungle training with the Legion at the moment - he is having a great time :)

not so hot and humid at present.....:drink:

TolkoRaz
10-02-2014, 13:09
A f[ck up is a f;ck up, no excuses. It is not like I am expecting the current GB to be much better off than the putinist Russia, it is the side view of basically the same cesspit. After all, you accept the dirty money stolen and embezzled in Russia (Bereza, Abramovich, etc.), it puts your government on the same illegitimate level in my eyes.

RusskiLad, One minor electrical failing does not wreck the games which last 2 whole weeks. There are many moving parts, any of which could go wrong, nothing is guaranteed to work 100% or for 100% of the time.

Any how, the electronics were probably Chinese, not Russian. You can only rehearse so many times.

I think it is silly to be focussing on a minor mishap / technical failing when so much went right and is still going well. All Russians, apart from gay ones, should be proud of the Rodina and of the Olympics :)

VicY
10-02-2014, 13:18
:D

And why shouldn't gay ones be proud? A gay friend of mine back home is pretty proud, I'd say ;)

Russian Lad
10-02-2014, 13:21
RusskiLad, One minor electrical failing does not wreck the games which last 2 whole weeks.

How come it is minor? It was the pinnacle of the opening ceremony.

There are many moving parts, any of which could go wrong

Didn't see too many moving parts. There are way more moving parts in a Swiss watch.

nothing is guaranteed to work 100% or for 100% of the time

True. Welcome to the putinist Russia.

All Russians, apart from gay ones, should be proud of the Rodina and of the Olympics

It is a feast in the time of plague, I feel no reason to be proud for this malfunctioning embezzlement vortex.

TolkoRaz
10-02-2014, 13:32
Are Swiss Watches guaranteed to work 100% of the 'time'?

Russian Lad
10-02-2014, 13:38

For like 3 minutes with millions of people watching it? I am sure their manufacturers would guarantee that with their lives...

FatAndy
10-02-2014, 13:56
Of course no. Once per 3 years they need maintenance, service centers call it "re passage".

Russian Lad
10-02-2014, 14:03
Once per 3 years they need maintenance, service centers call it "re passage".

But not once in three minutes, and these watches are way more complicated mechanisms. Feel the difference...

natlee
10-02-2014, 14:06
;)

Russian Lad
10-02-2014, 14:08
Natlee, have you succumbed to the cheap putinist propaganda?:) After all, your are dreaming about shops in London, not about shops in Magadan, you are not a true patriot...:11030:

FatAndy
10-02-2014, 14:10
But not once in three minutes, and these watches are way more complicated mechanisms. Feel the difference...
Would you be an engineer, you'd know that any mechanism may fault at any moment. Of course, if it's more complicated than a hammer or a stool.

But please don't take my note above as an attempt to force you to stop masturbating for "one more fail of damned bloody regime". At least it entertains ;)

Russian Lad
10-02-2014, 14:17
Would you be an engineer, you'd know that any mechanism may fault at any moment. Of course, if it's more complicated than a hammer or a stool.

One doesn't need to be an engineer to realize that theoretically everything can fault at any given time and will even eventually fault to the point of complete destruction, incuding our planet. However, it is all nothing but bunkum rhetorics in this particular case. You are a lame apologist of putinists, better get enrolled to some Edinaya Rossiya brainwashing courses or something.
I don't think it is the last f'ck up, most likely it will be a long thread.:)

FatAndy
10-02-2014, 14:36
I don't think it is the last f'ck up, most likely it will be a long thread.:)
Oh, you plan to be on the arena around a clock!
:emote_popcorn::rasta:

Ghostly Presence
10-02-2014, 14:52
We need to get rid of these losers in the Kremlin.

It is a popular delusion with some that if only we got rid of “these losers in the Kremlin” our future would be bright and happy. I for one don’t share this view. Life in Russia was never particularly happy for the absolute majority, if you look at out history. Many “losers” have passed through Kremlin over the centuries, but if you read some of the comments made by Saltikov-Schedrin more then a century ago, you would discover that most of what he said about Tzarist Russia still applies to this day.

Let’s imagine Putin is gone. Who is going to be next to claim the reins of power? I don’t see amongst either the current Russian elite or among the opposition a charismatic and trustworthy leader who could lead Russia towards prosperity and keep it intact. That said, I am in no way a Putin’s advocate – I don’t like him one bit. I am just not very confident in our ability as a nation to produce a leader who would combine patriotic dedication with a democratic mindset. I do believe that a nation has leaders that it deserves and in that sense Putin is an accurate reflection of who we are at this point in time in our history (unfortunately!)

Russian Lad
10-02-2014, 14:56
It is a popular dillusion with some that if only we got rid of “these losers in the Kremlin” our future would be bright and happy. I for one don’t share this view. Life in Russia was never particularly happy for the absolute majority, if you look at out history. Many “losers” have passed through Kremlin over the centuries, but if you read some of the comments made by Saltikov-Schedrin more then a century ago, you would discover that most of what he said about Tzarist Russia still applies to this day.

Let’s imagine Putin is gone. Who is going to be next to claim the reins of power? I don’t see amongst either the current Russian elite or among the opposition a charismatic and trustworthy leader who could lead Russia towards prosperity and keep it intact

This line or reasoning "if he is gone nothing will get better" is quite lame, no need to look back at the past all the time. I am not interested in particular personalities, I am interested in particular programs. I will vote for anyone who carries out the nationalization of all the companies dealing with natural resources, for example. They should belong to the people, not to oligarchs. I will vote for anyone cutting rivers of subsidies to Chechnya and to Dagestan. I will vote for anyone who annexes the Eastern Ukraine. There are many points. This force will come sooner or later.

natlee
10-02-2014, 15:01
Natlee, have you succumbed to the cheap putinist propaganda?:) After all, your are dreaming about shops in London, not about shops in Magadan, you are not a true patriot...:11030: I'm very far from being a true patriot. That said, I think the ceremony was impressive - beautiful, tasteful, full of talent. I understand you haven't watched it except for the YouTube video about the fifth ring? ;)

Obviously, I feel very proud of our figure skating team and the young Yulia especially - she's simply brilliant, one would have to be blind not to see that! :) None of that makes me oblivious to the big pile of c*ap our beloved country has become, for the most part anyway. But there certainly are things and people to be proud of still, and while that's true, all is not lost :)

Russian Lad
10-02-2014, 15:05
I feel very proud of our figure skating team and the young Yulia especially - she's simply brilliant, one would have to be blind not to see that!

She is a minor though, not sure it is even legit to use minors at international events like this. Maybe it is, dunno.

But there certainly are things and people to be proud of still, and while that's true, all is not lost

I am sure every citizen of the North Korea begins his/her every day with this phrase...

I understand you haven't watched it except for the YouTube video about the fifth ring?

I watched it for 10 minutes, like I said. Those women in white leading the teams were certainly shaggable. Other than that, I have more important things to do, including posting here.

Ghostly Presence
10-02-2014, 15:07
I will vote for anyone who carries out the nationalization of all the companies dealing with natural resources, for example. They should belong to the people, not to oligarchs.

Another highly questionable tactic. The rules of the game should not be changing every ten to fifteen years, as it will not do any good for the long-term prospects for business and investment in Russia. It will scare people off. Look at Venezuala - that is exactly what awaits Russia if nationalization takes place. As Winston Churchill once said, "socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery" and "you may try to destroy all the wealth and find that all you have done is increase poverty".

You seem to have the same mindset as the people who advocated expropriations of property from "kulaks" thus ultimately running Russia's agriculture into the ground...

Russian Lad
10-02-2014, 15:14
The rules of the game should not be changing every ten to fifteen years, as it will not do any good for the long-term prospects for business and investment in Russia. It will scare people off.

Investors? Are there many now? Most are scared anyway. I would not invest a dime into this oligopoly myself, it is like a quicksand.

Look at Venezuala - that is exactly what awaits Russia if nationalization takes place.

Why not look at the Saudi Arabia instead? And it is not like the people of Venezuela were better off before nationalization, many have gained on it it seems.

As Winston Churchill once said, "socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery" and "you may try to destroy all the wealth and find that all you have done is increase poverty".

I am not suggesting socialism. Capitalism can be preserved in many other spheres (but regulated). Look at Sweden, there is a lot of socialism there. Even in the US there is much more socialism than in Russia, where the cut-throat ideas of Friedman were fully implemented, only to be followed by this ugly oligopoly structure, which is in fact completely ineffective and even criminal.

You seem to have the same mindset as the people who advocated expropriations of property from "kulaks" thus ultimately running Russia's agriculture into the ground...

No, I don't.

Ghostly Presence
10-02-2014, 15:24
Investors? Are there many now? Most are scared anyway. I would not invest a dime into this oligopoly myself, it is like a quicksand.

Why not look at the Saudi Arabia instead? And it is not like the people of Venezuela were better off before nationalization, many have gained on it it seems.

I am not suggesting socialism. Capitalism can be preserved in many other spheres (but regulated).

Russia's investment climate is certainly pretty awful. Our government does a lot of things wrong - no question about that! That said, how exactly nationalization of key industries is going to make it better? It would become a final blow, if anything.

Saudia Arabia is not an enviable example to me - a bunch of Arabs who got lucky with oil, whose luck will run out together with the last drop of it. I do believe that intellectually we have a far greater potential then the Arabs to build a knowledge driven economy, but sound economic policies are needed for that to happen.

Russian Lad
10-02-2014, 15:33
That said, how exactly nationalization of key industries is going to make it better? It would become a final blow, if anything.

I said only natural resources industries, not all the industries. Say, private companies can be used on oil rigs as contractors and so forth.

Saudia Arabia is not an enviable example to me - a bunch of Arabs who got lucky with oil, whose luck will run out together with the last drop of it. I do believe that intellectually we have a far greater potential then the Arabs to build a knowledge driven economy, but sound economic policies are needed for that to happen.

This potential you are talking about, the intellectual one, is being buried as we speak. Most of it is lost already I think. Other than that, we are not different from those Arabs, only most of the revenues from natural resources end up on private Swiss and US accounts of a few individuals.

Ghostly Presence
10-02-2014, 15:42
I said only natural resources industries, not all the industries. Say, private companies can be used on oil rigs as contractors and so forth.

This potential you are talking about, the intellectual one, is being buried as we speak. Most of it is lost already I think. Other than that, we are not different from those Arabs, only most of the revenues from natural resources end up on private Swiss and US accounts of a few individuals.

Anyway, I don't see any viable contender for the "throne", so to speak, who could offer sound economic policies at this time. Do you?

vossy7
10-02-2014, 16:02
;)

Batman to Robin.......
"Robin I got to leave town pronto"
"Caped crusader you can't do that , shucks why"
"Holy condoms Robin"

Russian Lad
10-02-2014, 16:06
Anyway, I don't see any viable contender for the "throne", so to speak, who could offer sound economic policies at this time. Do you?

Finding people is not a problem. Putinists created this crazy myth "there is no one but us" and many Russians bought it. It is all about brainwashing, not about reality.
If you find no one, I am ready to rule Russia... :whisper:

Ghostly Presence
10-02-2014, 16:17

Sorry, but you are not getting my vote. I am neither impressed with the idea of nationalization in any shape or form, not do I consider Saudia Arabia a good example for Russia. So far, all I can see is common variety populism and a lack of training in economics in your "program".

vossy7
10-02-2014, 16:22
Finding people is not a problem. Putinists created this crazy myth "there is no one but us" and many Russians bought it. It is all about brainwashing, not about reality.

Tsar RL, stand and deliver, I can just imagine your bareback , exposed chest exotic horse ride photo shoots:D

Russian Lad
10-02-2014, 16:27
Sorry, but you are not getting my vote. I am neither impressed with the idea of nationalization in any shape or form, not do I consider Saudia Arabia a good example for Russia. So far, all I can see is common variety populism and a lack of training in economics in your "program".

It is ok, I will survive it somehow. If my program was offered to the population, most would vote for it anyway I think. This year many Russians will get even more poor, it will clear up their brains, and such a platform will get even more support.

TolkoRaz
10-02-2014, 16:31
I'm very far from being a true patriot. That said, I think the ceremony was impressive - beautiful, tasteful, full of talent. I understand you haven't watched it except for the YouTube video about the fifth ring? ;)

Obviously, I feel very proud of our figure skating team and the young Yulia especially - she's simply brilliant, one would have to be blind not to see that! :) None of that makes me oblivious to the big pile of c*ap our beloved country has become, for the most part anyway. But there certainly are things and people to be proud of still, and while that's true, all is not lost :)

Well written :)

So natlee, will we see you in the Duma soon?

natlee
10-02-2014, 16:37
Well written :)

So natlee, will we see you in the Duma soon? You never know or, rather, чем черт не шутит :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

Russian Lad
10-02-2014, 16:38
So natlee, will we see you in the Duma soon?

Isn't she there in the GosDura already?:)

vossy7
10-02-2014, 16:39
I'm very far from being a true patriot. That said, I think the ceremony was impressive - beautiful, tasteful, full of talent. I understand you haven't watched it except for the YouTube video about the fifth ring? ;)

Fully agree with TR on this, I know I am not Russian but I am passionate about supporting/defending Russia, Russian people and the wonderful passionate sports men and women. S#%^ my own country is in the worst crisis since the spud famine but I will still defend it with a passion.
I understand entirely RLs passionate outbursts but deep down I believe there is warm Russian heart and even soul even though he believes it doesn't exist :10189:

Actually enjoying this post , sitting waiting to board my squeezyjet flight back to the Motherland and nursing a VAT ice and a slice:mml:

FatAndy
10-02-2014, 16:52
Finding people is not a problem.
:Loco:

Ghostly Presence
10-02-2014, 16:54
It is ok, I will survive it somehow. If my program was offered to the population, most would vote for it anyway I think. This year many Russians will get even more poor, it will clear up their brains, and such a platform will get even more support.

That is exactly the problem with you instead of leading people with a visionary and sound program you follow the rabble with a set of cheap populist beliefs that are unreasonable both politically and economicly. That is what makes many people support Putin they are afraid that the alternative is going to be even worse.

TolkoRaz
10-02-2014, 16:56
You never know or, rather, чем черт не шутит :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

If you join the Duma, we might see you at the next Olympics sitting next to VVP because he will still be in Power and be a principal guest! :)

natlee
10-02-2014, 17:02
Isn't she there in the GosDura already?:) Finally you open up your big filthy mouth - not that I'm surprised ;)

Russian Lad
10-02-2014, 17:04
That is exactly the problem with you – instead of leading people with a visionary and sound program you follow the rabble with a set of cheap populist beliefs that are unreasonable both politically and economicly. That is what makes many people support Putin – they are afraid that the alternative is going to be even worse.

This support is getting thinner and thinner. Just wait till he f'cks up the economy completely, - the putinists are on a collision course with reality, in my view. Right now this house of cards is only propped by relatively high oil prices, NOTHING ELSE. Hundreds of millions of dollars they spend daily to support the ruble somehow will be depleted sooner or later even with high oil prices. Then - a BIG boom-boom.
There is nothing populist in what I suggest - it is perfectly doable.

Finally you open up your big filthy mouth - not that I'm surprised

I wasn't trying to surprise you.:)

natlee
10-02-2014, 17:12
If you join the Duma, we might see you at the next Olympics sitting next to VVP because he will still be in Power and be a principal guest! :) But my name's not Alina :eek: :bowdown:

I wasn't trying to surprise you.:) No, you were trying to insult yet another woman ;) Lame attempt though, sorry! :)

Russian Lad
10-02-2014, 17:24
No, you were trying to insult yet another woman Lame attempt though, sorry!

I didn't call your mouth or any other parts of your body dirty, I didn't call you any names in fact, the only insulted person is me here.:) :zoom:

Ghostly Presence
10-02-2014, 17:28
No, you were trying to insult yet another woman ;) Lame attempt though, sorry! :)

RL apparently is not exactly a ladies man. :) Not if he talks to women like that. No wonder his girlfriend has run off!

Russian Lad
10-02-2014, 17:31
RL apparently is not exactly a ladies man. Not if he talks to women like that. No wonder his girlfriend has run off!

Well, since I am a free man now, make sure your own wife doesn't stay late at work too often, the ladies man... They sort of wind me up, married women... And even girlfriends...

VicY
10-02-2014, 17:34

LOL, Saudi Arabia! What a "fine example" to follow :D

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Russian Lad
10-02-2014, 17:36
LOL, Saudi Arabia! What a "fine example" to follow

The last time I checked, they are not a poor country. Was I mistaken?

natlee
10-02-2014, 17:36
I didn't call your mouth or any other parts of your body dirty, I didn't call you any names in fact, the only insulted person is me here.:) :zoom: :D Yeahhh ok ;)

TolkoRaz
10-02-2014, 17:38

They are not a poor country, but go and speak to the sizeable Shia minority in the Eastern Province and see what they tell you about how the Sunni's & the House of Saud benefit from the oil money! ;)

VicY
10-02-2014, 17:40

They aren't a poor country, no (just as Russia isn't poor) but they certainly are a ****ed up country....at least for now.

Ghostly Presence
10-02-2014, 17:41
Well, since I am a free man now, make sure your own wife doesn't stay late at work too often, the ladies man... They sort of wind me up, married women... And even girlfriends...

Sorry to hear that you have sunk to such profound depths of desparation that attacking women late at night remains your last chance to get female attention

VicY
10-02-2014, 17:42

No, Alan's been drinking again....obviously. :)

Russian Lad
10-02-2014, 17:42
They are not a poor country, but go and speak to the sizeable Shia minority in the Eastern Province and see what they tell you about how the Sunni's & the House of Saud benefit from the oil money!

Even the Sultanate of Brunei looks more favorable than the putinist Russia, which is not a viable project at all. And will not last long.

Sorry to hear that you have sunk to such profound depths of desparation that attacking women late at night remains your last chance to get female attention…

Thank you for sharing this interesting sexual fantasy of yours with us. This line of argument you are going through, usually only women resort to it, because they have no valid argumentation regarding the subject matter. Seeing men calling this to their rescue is rather weird. But ok, do continue, be my guest.

FatAndy
10-02-2014, 17:47
No, Alan's been drinking again....obviously. :)
Rather dangerous habit for the truck driver...:bong:

VicY
10-02-2014, 17:52
;)

Here is a new "Olympic design"! Rumour has it that the fifth ring was left unopen on purpose ;) Anyway, I am sure as the time goes by, this episode will become legendary in the Olympic history :beerbros:

Russian Lad
10-02-2014, 17:56
Rumour has it that the fifth ring was left unopen on purpose

Does it signify the demise of the putinist Russia? I wasn't expecting this level of self-criticism, frankly. But it is a refreshing idea.

Anyway, I am sure as the time goes by, this episode will become legendary in the Olympic history

I also think so. As the symbolic beginning of an end.

TolkoRaz
10-02-2014, 18:17

Here is a new "Olympic design"! Rumour has it that the fifth ring was left unopen on purpose ;) Anyway, I am sure as the time goes by, this episode will become legendary in the Olympic history :beerbros:

He looks gay!

robertmf
10-02-2014, 19:38
He looks gay!

Who goes to Siberia for that faux pas :question:

penka
10-02-2014, 19:48
Even the Sultanate of Brunei looks more favorable than the putinist Russia, which is not a viable project at all. And will not last long.

Thank you for sharing this interesting sexual fantasy of yours with us. This line of argument you are going through, usually only women resort to it, because they have no valid argumentation regarding the subject matter. Seeing men calling this to their rescue is rather weird. But ok, do continue, be my guest.

You are not aware of the basics.

My gf f@ked me up = bad gf. All women f@ked me up=you are the problem, pal. And you never seize to b@ch about bad females. Still, you live with your grandmother.

Get a life or die as a man!

Russian Lad
10-02-2014, 19:52
My gf f@ked me up = bad gf. All women f@ked me up=you are the problem, pal. And you never seize to b@ch about bad females. Still, you live with your grandmother.

Women f'cked me up?:) LOL to that.:) As much as I am aware, I have been the one doing the f'cking.:) My gf abused my feelings and took advantage of them, that's all. Even professionals make mistakes.:)
Why is this constant need to get personal, except for the inability to discuss the subject? I may begin providing some input about your sex life... Do you want me to?:)
As to my granny, you have a problem with my taking care of my 90 y.o. grandmother? That seems to be really cruel.

TolkoRaz
10-02-2014, 19:58
Who goes to Siberia for that faux pas :question:

sPerm-35! ;)

TolkoRaz
10-02-2014, 20:00
Women f'cked me up?:) LOL to that.:) As much as I am aware, I have been the one doing the f'cking.:) My gf abused my feelings and took advantage of them, that's all. Even professionals make mistakes.:)

...especially Olympic ones! ;)

TolkoRaz
10-02-2014, 20:01

He is not a man, he is a 'lad'! :10310:

Russian Lad
10-02-2014, 20:05
He is not a man, he is a 'lad'!

I will let you die in my stead, Tolko. Be a real soldier, do it for me... :fudd::applause:

vossy7
10-02-2014, 23:17
I will let you die in my stead, Tolko. Be a real soldier, do it for me... :fudd::applause:

RL, do you feel a bit like this.......you have a friend ......and relax I am not a jobby jabber:10310:

TolkoRaz
10-02-2014, 23:26
Is that a rat wearing a coat? :D

TolkoRaz
10-02-2014, 23:27

Only if you pay for the bullet! :p

vossy7
10-02-2014, 23:33
Is that a rat wearing a coat? :D

LOL.....actually it's a coat wearing a rat:goblin:

vossy7
11-02-2014, 00:05
Only if you pay for the bullet! :p
I'm sure RL will be expecting you to this for him:10189:

Baldrick's Bullet.m4v - YouTube

Russian Lad
11-02-2014, 00:12
I'm sure RL will be expecting you to this for him

Tolko=Baldrick?:) I imagine Tolko more like this:

Monty Python - Execution in Russia (funny sketch!) - YouTube

vossy7
11-02-2014, 00:12

Thought this was the latest AUDI campaign with a German twist of subtlety getting a tiny gay message to Mr. P:10310:

mrzuzzo
11-02-2014, 00:44
I watched the opening ceremony on CBC (Canadian gov't-sponsored TV network).

It was brutal.

All the commentary was along the lines of:
- Russia is alienating itself from the EU because of Poland's stance on things
- Germany is supporting gays with their uniform, which Russia hates
- Putin is pressuring this government and that government
- This country hates Russia for human rights violations

I was disgusted.

Turned it off and watched in in Russian later.

Later, turned on Olympic coverage on CNN, and they were talking about some terrorists that were neutralized in Dagestan.

I was pretty close to throwing my TV out the window at this point.

The anti-Russia western imperialist propaganda machine really is startling...

mrzuzzo
11-02-2014, 00:48
Also, was flying from Amsterdam on the 7th (Olympics opening day) and reading the Wall Street Journal.

Literally half the newspaper was dedicated to how much Russia is sh*t and how brutal Putin's "regime" is.

Needless to say, I proceeded to walk over to the restroom and wipe my ass with that newspaper.

TolkoRaz
11-02-2014, 00:48

The Evil Empire's stance on Russia is becoming more Evil by the second! :10310:

It can only mean that they are fearful of a resurgent Russia! :book:

TolkoRaz
11-02-2014, 00:49
Also, was flying from Amsterdam on the 7th (Olympics opening day) and reading the Wall Street Journal.

Literally half the newspaper was dedicated to how much Russia is sh*t and how brutal Putin's "regime" is.

Needless to say, I proceeded to walk over to the restroom and wipe my ass with that newspaper.

I hope Obama's face was on the Front Page! ;)

Russian Lad
11-02-2014, 01:00
It can only mean that they are fearful of a resurgent Russia!

There is nothing resurgent in Russia while its Central Bank is virtually a pocket toy of the Federal Reserve and while it is controlled by a bunch of crooks. The foreign banksters and corporate tycoons are worried that the Russian criminals (oligarchs) are getting most of the profits, hence the field preparation. Vultures fighting over a half-dead carcass eager to snatch a chunk of flesh. That's my take on it...

Just out of curiosity, do they make it so soft or your ass is so strong it can be wiped clean with a newspaper?:)

vossy7
11-02-2014, 01:07
There is nothing resurgent in Russia while its Central Bank is virtually a pocket toy of the Federal Reserve and while it is controlled by a bunch of crooks. The foreign banksters and corporate tycoons are worried that the Russian criminals (oligarchs) are getting most of the profits, hence the field preparation. Vultures fighting over a half-dead carcass eager to snatch a chunk of flesh. That's my take on it...

Just out of curiosity, do they make it so soft or your ass is so strong it can be wiped clean with a newspaper?:)

Ahh, guys I grew up wiping my poor bot with the Irish Press every day , my ass knew more about politics and religion than I care to remember:mad:

mrzuzzo
11-02-2014, 01:07

Your curiosity doesn't sound very heterosexual to me... :bird:

The less you know, the better you sleep.

vossy7
11-02-2014, 01:09

Mr Z, welcome to the pleasure dome:mml:

Russian Lad
11-02-2014, 01:11
Ahh, guys I grew up wiping my poor bot with the Irish Press every day , my ass knew more about politics and religion than I care to remember

Mine as well, I spent quite some years in a typical Russian village with a pechka and wood logs for heating - we had a toilet with a wooden chair, with an orifice made in it for the ass.:) Under you was a five meters deep hole that was emptied manually with buckets once in two years.:) I was always afraid the chair would break and I would fall inside into all the shit that was floating below me and drown.:)
The reason I asked is I am under the impression MrZuzzo grew up in a more sterile environment.:)

BabyFirefly
11-02-2014, 01:13

The anti-Russian thing in recent news is just offensive and ridiculous. Totally unhelpful.

Good news is, at least some stuff I'm reading now that the actual games have started is finally more positive.

vossy7
11-02-2014, 01:18
Mine as well, I spent quite some years in a typical Russian village with a pechka and wood logs for heating - we had a toilet with a wooden chair, with an orifice made in it for the ass.:) Under you was a five meters deep hole that was emptied manually with buckets once in two years.:) I was always afraid the chair would break and I would fall inside into all the shit that was floating below me and drown.:)
The reason I asked is I am under the impression MrZuzzo grew up in a more sterile environment.:)

RL, I know ....my poor bot was like a ring of fecking fire .....it was the pointy bits in the paper that just brought tears to your eyes.....the young ones will never have that pleasure .....I think we should bring back compulsory newsprint ass wiping again that would sort out the men from the boys.....ouch...still fecking hurts:mml:

robertmf
11-02-2014, 01:19
The anti-Russian thing in recent news is just offensive and ridiculous. Totally unhelpful.

Good news is, at least some stuff I'm reading now that the actual games have started is finally more positive.

I agree. Beats me where it's coming from. I'm reading dire economic reports from the PR. True ?

BabyFirefly
11-02-2014, 01:20
I agree. Beats me where it's coming from. I'm reading dire economic reports from the PR. True ?

Yep, it's dire, but not shocking to anyone here. We're all GTFO.

vossy7
11-02-2014, 01:26
Yep, it's dire, but not shocking to anyone here. We're all GTFO.

Like your style BF:10518:

VicY
11-02-2014, 06:34
He looks gay!

LOL, not to me :D

VicY
11-02-2014, 06:37
Does it signify the demise of the putinist Russia? I wasn't expecting this level of self-criticism, frankly. But it is a refreshing idea.

God...you do know what that fifth ring represents, eh?

I also think so. As the symbolic beginning of an end.

:7525: :7525: :7525: :7525: :7525: :7525:

VicY
11-02-2014, 06:41
I watched the opening ceremony on CBC (Canadian gov't-sponsored TV network).

It was brutal.

All the commentary was along the lines of:
- Russia is alienating itself from the EU because of Poland's stance on things
- Germany is supporting gays with their uniform, which Russia hates
- Putin is pressuring this government and that government
- This country hates Russia for human rights violations

I was disgusted.

Turned it off and watched in in Russian later.

Later, turned on Olympic coverage on CNN, and they were talking about some terrorists that were neutralized in Dagestan.

I was pretty close to throwing my TV out the window at this point.

It's quite pathetic, really. I just smile nowadays when I see this kind of gibberish on western TV or in the newspapers.
It's a sign of incredible insecurity, obviously!

VicY
11-02-2014, 08:39
It was a very enjoyable ceremony to watch,not too over the top,just the right touches to showcase Russia's rich culture and history,some very clever ideas put together. I enjoyed the Maslenitsa part, very colourful and fun.

Yes, but some of the music arrangement was weird.
In particular, Evgeniy Doga, author of the famous waltz wasn't exactly happy that his music was modified without even notifying him of the changes.

I agree on this one: it'd have been better if they had used the original.

Benedikt
11-02-2014, 09:02

-dogs that bark don't bite.- still holds good.
some just like to make noise to take off the attention from their own mess, THEIR countries are in.

TolkoRaz
11-02-2014, 11:27
It's quite pathetic, really. I just smile nowadays when I see this kind of gibberish on western TV or in the newspapers.

And jealousy which is such an unattractive trait!

Sana
11-02-2014, 14:40

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Russian Lad
11-02-2014, 16:31

Insecurity? You don't know the meaning of this word. Closing the whole TV station due to a lame question for which it apologized, arresting people in the street whose only crime was to open an umbrella when it wasn't raining - that's insecurity. The ground will be burning under their feet soon, and they are aware of it...
The West is just precipitating the inevitable, for all intents and purposes. Amputation is in order. The point of no return has been passed, it won't be stopped even if MrZuzzo begins wiping his ass with the Financial Times every day, imho.

vossy7
11-02-2014, 17:52
Insecurity? You don't know the meaning of this word. Closing the whole TV station due to a lame question for which it apologized, arresting people in the street whose only crime was to open an umbrella when it wasn't raining - that's insecurity. The ground will be burning under their feet soon, and they are aware of it...
The West is just precipitating the inevitable, for all intents and purposes. Amputation is in order. The point of no return has been passed, it won't be stopped even if MrZuzzo begins wiping his ass with the Financial Times every day, imho.

Don't worry RL, this is the future.....

Russian Lad
11-02-2014, 18:42
А А Ха€‡иков Раке‚н‹й г€ом заклад‹вае‚ ƒˆи - YouTube

РеволŽ†ия в России / Revolution in Russia - YouTube

bydand
11-02-2014, 21:16

Aha! Now I understand your anti-American condescension! Have a condo in Miami yet?:rolleyes:

Russian Lad
11-02-2014, 21:25
Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
Aha! Now I understand your anti-American condescension! Have a condo in Miami yet?

Here is what I think - Bydand is a way more Russian Patriot than all of you, Tolko, MrZuzzo, VicY, Natlee, FatAndy and Penka combined! The bitter irony of it...

bydand
11-02-2014, 21:50
Thanks RL! Patriot? Its hard enough being true to myself, which I think you do, and candidly so.

BabyFirefly
11-02-2014, 22:21

Eh, I disagree. The ignorant masses are convinced Russia is a festering craphole thanks to this sort of media coverage, and those who dedicated their lives to studying Russia appreciate the country, but I'd say very few people actually feel jealosy towards Russia. Exception is some smal religious groups who greatly wish that religion was as strong here as it is in Russia.

It's more of all the schoolyard popular kids gathering together to pick on another kid.

Russian Lad
11-02-2014, 22:42
Exception is some smal religious groups who greatly wish that religion was as strong here as it is in Russia.

Agree with what you said except for this bit. Religion is even stronger in the US, especially in the south, the Bible Belt name was coined for a reason. Many people there cannot even take a slam without giving their praise to the Lord. Religion is as essential for capitalism as a pistol or a knife for an armed robbery. You don't seem to be getting the drift.:)

BabyFirefly
11-02-2014, 22:55
Agree with what you said except for this bit. Religion is even stronger in the US, especially in the south, the Bible Belt name was coined for a reason. Many people there cannot even take a slam without giving their praise to the Lord. Religion is as essential for capitalism as a pistol or a knife for an armed robbery. You don't seem to be getting the drift.:)

I should've expanded on that. I'm talking about groups who for varied reasons believe Russia to be ruled by religion, and not with religion. These are very small and extreme groups no one gives a particular f_ about tho.

TolkoRaz
11-02-2014, 23:14
Here is what I think - Bydand is a way more Russian Patriot than all of you, Tolko, MrZuzzo, VicY, Natlee, FatAndy and Penka combined! The bitter irony of it...

The actual irony is that you call yourself 'RussianLad', but seem to be against all things Russian, including the gorgeous ladies!

Perhaps you should re-brand yoursefl 'Hankering2BExpatLad' ;)

Russian Lad
11-02-2014, 23:20
The actual irony is that you call yourself 'RussianLad', but seem to be against all things Russian, including the gorgeous ladies!

Why, I am not against gorgeous Russian ladies. I am against gorgeous (and ugly) Russian prostitutes who claim they are ladies. Feel the difference.
Another thing I am strongly opposed to is the putinist government and РПЦ - is it also "all things Russian" nowadays???

TolkoRaz
11-02-2014, 23:22
From what I read on here, every lady in your opinion is a prostitutka!

Russian Lad
11-02-2014, 23:31
From what I read on here, every lady in your opinion is a prostitutka!

Care to quote me saying that? Lying/resorting to libel as the last straw in a hopelessly lost debate is not something a gentleman should be proud of. Many - yes, in various forms (prostitution is not just an hourly payment concept, it is much wider, at least in my mind), all - I never said that. I believe this is not a strictly Russian phenomenon though. It is a conflict of interests, feminism on one hand and patriarchal values on the other hand. When in conflict, they produce this undesirable effect, in my view.

mrzuzzo
11-02-2014, 23:40
Care to quote me saying that? Lying/resorting to libel as the last straw in a hopelessly lost debate is not something a gentleman should be proud of. Many - yes, in various forms (prostitution is not just an hourly payment concept, it is much wider, at least in my mind), all - I never said that. I believe this is not a strictly Russian phenomenon though. It is a conflict of interests, feminism on one hand and patriarchal values on the other hand. When in conflict, they produce this undesirable effect, in my view.

By that sort of logic, I am a prostitute to my employer.

I exchange much of my time for money in return.

Russian Lad
11-02-2014, 23:44
By that sort of logic, I am a prostitute to my employer.

I exchange much of my time for money in return.

Example to make my point clear - a female secretary who sleeps with her own boss (even if she likes him a lot) because she is aware her high paychecks are due to his patronage is a prostitute.
Yes, there are elements of prostitution in what you describe, but I mean prostitution when sex is involved at a certain stage (for the purposes of this discussion). Hope you don't sleep with your boss to get a promotion.:)

mrzuzzo
11-02-2014, 23:45
Example to make my point clear - a female secretary who sleeps with her own boss (even if she likes him a lot) because she is aware her high paychecks are due to his patronage is a prostitute.
Yes, there are elements of prostitution in what you describe, but I mean prostitution when sex is involved at a certain stage (for the purposes of this discussion). Hope you don't sleep with your boss to get a promotion.:)

Secretaries sleeping with their boss - that doesn't happen very often.

Anyone who is professional about their job will never get into an intimate relationship with colleagues who report to them.

Russian Lad
11-02-2014, 23:57
Secretaries sleeping with their boss - that doesn't happen very often.

Anyone who is professional about their job will never get into an intimate relationship with colleagues who report to them.

It is unprofessional - sure about that. Wouldn't say it is such a rare occurrence though, in my view.

VicY
12-02-2014, 05:04

LOL, no I think it is you who doesn't know the meaning of this word :D

Arrested for carrying umbrellas when there us no rain?
Another legend is out :D

vossy7
12-02-2014, 08:29
I love this heated and healthy debate between consenting Russian adults.......not even in the darkest ,sorry bleakest parts of the US would this happen they would just pick up arms against each other!
Russia you either hate it or love it , there is no middlesex here, I love it and f$%^ the begrudgers, my father's favorite saying!
Although I love Moscow I itch to get outside to see friends and relatives around a nice table laden with fresh and/or picked home grown veggies and a nice bottle of vodka and where politics and religion are taboo and definitely not on the menu! Am I too old or just a dreamer?

bydand
12-02-2014, 08:44
I love this heated and healthy debate between consenting Russian adults.......not even in the darkest ,sorry bleakest parts of the US would this happen they would just pick up arms against each other!

I disagree. Not even a barroom brawl in America; unless maybe its an Irish bar!;)

vossy7
12-02-2014, 08:57
I disagree. Not even a barroom brawl in America; unless maybe its an Irish bar!;)

Come on,I love you guys but I'm just trying to bait some more extra terrestrials on here :)

bydand
12-02-2014, 09:23
I think most of us wish (all it is now, a wish) Olympics would not be politicized.

As for reporters' Tweets and reports before the competition began, what do you expect them to report on? They will report on what is different, or unexpected, from their perspective. To "pampered" westerners it was "twin" toilets, not being able to flush toilet paper, brown undrinkable water, doors and elevators that don't work, hotel rooms not ready, etc. What should they (what would you) report on before the events begin? Politicize it if you want, reporters were just (reporting) doing what they do, IMHO.

Reporters jealous of Russia? Russia insecure about reports? You're free to form your own opinion, if you care to.

Nobbynumbnuts
12-02-2014, 09:51
I think most of us wish (all it is now, a wish) Olympics would not be politicized.

As for reporters' Tweets and reports before the competition began, what do you expect them to report on? They will report on what is different, or unexpected, from their perspective. To "pampered" westerners it was "twin" toilets, not being able to flush toilet paper, brown undrinkable water, doors and elevators that don't work, hotel rooms not ready, etc. What should they (what would you) report on before the events begin? Politicize it if you want, reporters were just (reporting) doing what they do, IMHO.

Reporters jealous of Russia? Russia insecure about reports? You're free to form your own opinion, if you care to.

It's true. This happens with every olympics or every large sporting event actually. Happening now with the Rio world cup.
Who wants to hear that the event is on schedule and on budget? Who wants to hear the government is wonderful, the country is safe and it being held in paradise? No one, that's not what sells papers. Russians are too touchy sometimes to criticism. Get over it.

Russian Lad
12-02-2014, 12:06
Arrested for carrying umbrellas when there us no rain?
Another legend is out

You have been abroad for too long it seems. Does it look like a legend to you?:

ЗОНТЫ ВНЕ ЗАКОНА. - YouTube

—аде€жания за‰и‚ников ‚елеканала "”ождŒ" - YouTube

Judge
14-02-2014, 19:34
Yes, but some of the music arrangement was weird.
In particular, Evgeniy Doga, author of the famous waltz wasn't exactly happy that his music was modified without even notifying him of the changes.

I agree on this one: it'd have been better if they had used the original.

I agree too, it's difficult to please the purists,people that know the history and culture so well.
When they did the Peter the Great part, Peter's army was well known for having very fancy uniforms,I have heard from some people that the costume used for the opening were too plain..

There were even cossak dancers,they didn't even do their famous dance..:redcard: