PDA

View Full Version : Howdy !!

thelongwayhome
29-01-2014, 20:54
A philosopher and explorer that seeks new scenery and friends within life's journeys. My parents grew up in a different time where problems were a personal affront and needed to be handled with tenacity. I am the same especially competing in sports and navigating bureaucracies. My Dad helped me choose between right and wrong and my Mom helped me choose between head and heart.

In my formative years, I enjoyed the outdoors very much and looked at Nature as an escape from routine and social pressures. The national and state parks, hiking trails, rivers, lakes and mountains are my sanctuaries. I always loved cycling, tennis and cars as long as I can remember.

I was schooled at New Brunswick H.S., Rutgers University B.A. and Everest University M.B.A. cum laud.

Not allowing school to get in the way of my education, I lived and backpacked through Europe.
Later, I became a Flight Surgeon's Assistant in the USAF with world wide flying duties. The military set the stage for a long twenty-five year career in Radiology. My career was fairly peripatetic so I lived in many states. Now settled in East Texas where I enjoy exploring the Texas rivers and forests.
My hobbies include tennis, motorcycling, kayaking, classic cars and travel.

In my retirement, there is a search for a different type of meaning. It is when I can view people, places and things through the unfettered introspection of my feelings.
I am seeking someone very different than myself. Someone that doesn't reinforce all my familiar feelings but presents a thinking challenge. It's like choosing a better tennis partner. I think of anxiety not has conflict but as an opportunity to get better. I invite you to change your internal skill sets with me. Don't linger outside the arena. I welcome you to hit a tricky serve at me and later shake hands and be friends knowing winning and losing are the same impostors.
I no longer work for the dollar nor maintain the pretenses of being happy doing it.
The time is to learn from memories and not just tuck them away to soldier on. It is time to realize my heart's capacity and the difference it makes to extend love without fear.
My best advice is HOLD ON TO YOUR DREAMS.One thing that I know is true, being genuine, being attentive and speaking with care is a way to a person's heart. I am not perfect and fall from achieving this.
I invite you to be my friend and subscribe for communication. Get to know me and my never ending crusade for an existential life. Teach me something about you and partner with me in an activity we both enjoy.

Love The Challenge,

Ralph DeGutis

"In the Hero journey, the path is thoroughly known :
Where I thought to be alone, I will be with all the world
Where I thought to conquer another, I will conquer myself
Where I thought I would travel outward, I will find the center of my existence"..Joseph Campbell

We can learn to see beyond the faces through our own self-compassion..intuition travels on love.

There are many ways to gain capital in your self-identity. Invest in the passions in your life. In passion there is no rejection.

Periwinkle
29-01-2014, 21:06
Welcome:)
Do you have plans to travel in or visit Russia or are just looking for varied online conversation?

penka
29-01-2014, 21:18
A philosopher and explorer that seeks new scenery and friends within life's journeys. My parents grew up in a different time where problems were a personal affront and needed to be handled with tenacity. I am the same especially competing in sports and navigating bureaucracies. My Dad helped me choose between right and wrong and my Mom helped me choose between head and heart.

In my formative years, I enjoyed the outdoors very much and looked at Nature as an escape from routine and social pressures. The national and state parks, hiking trails, rivers, lakes and mountains are my sanctuaries. I always loved cycling, tennis and cars as long as I can remember.

I was schooled at New Brunswick H.S., Rutgers University B.A. and Everest University M.B.A. cum laud.

Not allowing school to get in the way of my education, I lived and backpacked through Europe.
Later, I became a Flight Surgeon's Assistant in the USAF with world wide flying duties. The military set the stage for a long twenty-five year career in Radiology. My career was fairly peripatetic so I lived in many states. Now settled in East Texas where I enjoy exploring the Texas rivers and forests.
My hobbies include tennis, motorcycling, kayaking, classic cars and travel.

In my retirement, there is a search for a different type of meaning. It is when I can view people, places and things through the unfettered introspection of my feelings.
I am seeking someone very different than myself. Someone that doesn't reinforce all my familiar feelings but presents a thinking challenge. It's like choosing a better tennis partner. I think of anxiety not has conflict but as an opportunity to get better. I invite you to change your internal skill sets with me. Don't linger outside the arena. I welcome you to hit a tricky serve at me and later shake hands and be friends knowing winning and losing are the same impostors.
I no longer work for the dollar nor maintain the pretenses of being happy doing it.
The time is to learn from memories and not just tuck them away to soldier on. It is time to realize my heart's capacity and the difference it makes to extend love without fear.
My best advice is HOLD ON TO YOUR DREAMS.One thing that I know is true, being genuine, being attentive and speaking with care is a way to a person's heart. I am not perfect and fall from achieving this.
I invite you to be my friend and subscribe for communication. Get to know me and my never ending crusade for an existential life. Teach me something about you and partner with me in an activity we both enjoy.

Love The Challenge,

Ralph DeGutis

"In the Hero journey, the path is thoroughly known :
Where I thought to be alone, I will be with all the world
Where I thought to conquer another, I will conquer myself
Where I thought I would travel outward, I will find the center of my existence"..Joseph Campbell

We can learn to see beyond the faces through our own self-compassion..intuition travels on love.

There are many ways to gain capital in your self-identity. Invest in the passions in your life. In passion there is no rejection.

Welcome to the forum.

You want to talk to a member, called Rusmeister, your fellow American. Both of you seem to be fond of long posts. I got tired reading yours. Sorry.

Suuryaa
29-01-2014, 21:39
Welcome to the forum.

You want to talk to a member, called Rusmeister, your fellow American. Both of you seem to be fond of long posts. I got tired reading yours. Sorry.

It's the topic of this section of the forum, to introduce oneself.

Periwinkle
29-01-2014, 22:05
A bit rude Penka... If it is too hard or too tiresome for your brain to read longer posts, then just do not bother to try.... No need to be rude.

penka
29-01-2014, 22:38
A bit rude Penka... If it is too hard or too tiresome for your brain to read longer posts, then just do not bother to try.... No need to be rude.

I have welcomed a new member.

Do you object a truthful response or tend to mix hypocrisy with politeness?

Periwinkle
30-01-2014, 09:43
I have welcomed a new member.

Do you object a truthful response or tend to mix hypocrisy with politeness?

There was no need to inject rudeness into your reply to a new member. I often think things but do not say them because there is no need. Your case is easy to solve,do not read long posts. As said no need to be rude. Nothing hypocritical about not complaining about his post, he did not ask for comments on his commentary nor did he say anything impolite that needed to be addressed.