PDA

View Full Version : warning on amazon deliveries in russia

Jas
14-01-2014, 20:10
Huh. I spent all what I had to send amazon gifts to kazan so the expartner wont kick starfire out into the ulitsa. But the gifts never got there even though I paid for top class shipping. C, the box was with ups and cos it was over 200 euro ups refused to deliver to kazan and told kamaz she must go to fcking vnukovo cos ups won't deliver to any city except just 5 cities with the nearest being nizhny. Pathetic. So why did they agree in the first place then to accept a kazan shipping address?
There's some stuff about customs rules and it's very complicated. Anyhow you must check all this if u order from amazon and make sure they will actually deliver if the order is 200 euro plus. Otherwise u got to trek across russia even though u paid for it to go to ure door.

None of it is amazons fault btw.

tonytony
14-01-2014, 20:18
Although it is a little bit late in this case if anybody else in a similar situation then I can recommend this company:-

http://alfaparcel.com/

If you want to buy anything from amazon or ebay in the UK or if you want to buy anything else online from UK retailers then they do operate a good service.

vossy7
14-01-2014, 20:30
Is this where you studied your English.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoVm864M6Eo

Russian Lad
14-01-2014, 20:31
Huh. I spent all what I had to send amazon gifts to kazan so the expartner wont kick starfire out into the ulitsa. But the gifts never got there even though I paid for top class shipping. C, the box was with ups and cos it was over 200 euro ups refused to deliver to kazan and told kamaz she must go to fcking vnukovo cos ups won't deliver to any city except just 5 cities with the nearest being nizhny. Pathetic. So why did they agree in the first place then to accept a kazan shipping address?
There's some stuff about customs rules and it's very complicated. Anyhow you must check all this if u order from amazon and make sure they will actually deliver if the order is 200 euro plus. Otherwise u got to trek across russia even though u paid for it to go to ure door.

None of it is amazons fault btw.

DHL seems to be operating better within Russia. Is DHL a possible deal for Amazon? You should have found some local Kazan sites that sell stuff and ordered from there maybe.:) Unless it is something really special.:) This one is a huge site, operates in Kazan too:
http://www.ulmart.ru/

Jas
14-01-2014, 20:56
Is this where you studied your English.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoVm864M6Eo

She speaks better english than what u do, thanks.

Jas
14-01-2014, 21:03
DHL seems to be operating better within Russia. Is DHL a possible deal for Amazon? You should have found some local Kazan sites that sell stuff and ordered from there maybe.:) Unless it is something really special.:) This one is a huge site, operates in Kazan too:
http://www.ulmart.ru/

Hi rl. C, customer cant choose the caourier even.

penka
14-01-2014, 21:49
What is a caourier? It does sound like a rare bird from New Zealand.

natlee
14-01-2014, 22:05
Been feeling a bit blue today but knew I could count on vossy and penka to cheer me up, thanks you two! :D :p

vossy7
14-01-2014, 22:15
Been feeling a bit blue today but knew I could count on vossy and penka to cheer me up, thanks you two! :D :p

Get well soon Nat ........

Benedikt
15-01-2014, 05:58
What is a caourier? It does sound like a rare bird from New Zealand.

i assume it was supposed to mean -courier-, delivery service or person. English is indeed a wonderful language, though for some it needs a little, or more, help.
I typed in the word -caurier- and immediately it was underlined in red and the only suggestion it had was courier. And it is not so difficult to use. But being all correct Queen's English might make Jas's posts less fun to read....

Periwinkle
15-01-2014, 08:27
What was Amazons response? I know they have delivered fine in Moscow. If there is an ongoing problem in some regions, I am sure they would address it. Is there a disclaimer that for areas outside the five cities you mentioned, that they do not deliver and it must be picked up at another location? Did you see that before your order was placed? If they use UPS, then it may be based on UPS delivery locations. Do they have a track your package option for Russia?
I do not understand how you ordered not knowing it would not be delivered to the address. Did you have another service pick it up from the drop off location and then deliver it for you? There is a lot missing from your story. But sorry, your package did not get there. Hope the cat is fine.

Jas
15-01-2014, 17:41
What was Amazons response? I know they have delivered fine in Moscow. If there is an ongoing problem in some regions, I am sure they would address it. Is there a disclaimer that for areas outside the five cities you mentioned, that they do not deliver and it must be picked up at another location? Did you see that before your order was placed? If they use UPS, then it may be based on UPS delivery locations. Do they have a track your package option for Russia?
I do not understand how you ordered not knowing it would not be delivered to the address. Did you have another service pick it up from the drop off location and then deliver it for you? There is a lot missing from your story. But sorry, your package did not get there. Hope the cat is fine.

C, when u order amazon global priority shipping u are allowing amazon to send the stuff and arrange via a third party the delivery and u wudnt even imagine they wud choose a shipper what wud agree to deliver to get the amazon business but in practice wud have no intention of following thru.
Peri, UPS have the truth hid in a few lines on theyre web site and u got to look and look to find it. Its a con cos for every personage what demands the goods returned many more who will be russians will just accept it. Total rip off-you pay to get it delivered straight to kazan or wherever only to then secrey het told like this-we only do five cities so come to vnhkovo and travel 1000km round trip with ure passport and all other schit and forms or u will never c ure stuff.

Jas
15-01-2014, 17:48
Peri, I got a refund from amazon and amazon ordered ups to send the gifts back to them so I was ok in the end but it wasted me time and it was a hassle totally. Hassle cos kamaz was so much annoyed and was moaning and telling, "so I got to go to moscow?" Thanks to god starfire didnt get kick out cos of all this. Anyhow gp the ups site and check ureselfes even

Suuryaa
15-01-2014, 21:10
Jas, thanks for this information. Will be careful if I order from Amazon.

Jas
15-01-2014, 23:32
i assume it was supposed to mean -courier-, delivery service or person. English is indeed a wonderful language, though for some it needs a little, or more, help.
I typed in the word -caurier- and immediately it was underlined in red and the only suggestion it had was courier. And it is not so difficult to use. But being all correct Queen's English might make Jas's posts less fun to read....

Master chef strikes again.....

mrzuzzo
15-01-2014, 23:35
Master chef strikes again.....

Sorry Jas, our English is clearly not up to par compared to a native English speaker and aspiring author such as yourself.

Judge
17-01-2014, 12:13
Jas, use Russian Post/EMS....always trustworthy and reliable:)...I'm serious, never had a big problem with them , once when a package went walkabout ,they did their best to locate my goods and all was sorted.