PDA

View Full Version : Pending Divorce

Genesis
12-01-2014, 11:19
Can someone give me advice as to which method of divorce is better? I (American citizen) and wife (Russian national) are contemplating divorce. Apparently she wants to sell her flat a buy a new one somewhere closer to better schools for the children. We have twin girls who will be five in April. Somewhere I heard she was awarded some money from the Russian State as a reward for giving birth. Apparently she can only use it purchase property. Since she doesn’t want my name on the title she needs a divorce. I personally could care less about her property or about any money she received from the State. The problem I have is that as a consequence of the divorce we will no longer be able to travel back and forth freely between Germany (I work and live in Germany) and Russia because we will each lose our residency permits. Is there another way to work around the divorce issue?

xp@
12-01-2014, 11:40
Yes. You sign a document giving your consent to her purchase, and waiving any interest in or claim to the property.

And a similar document pertaining to the sale of her current property and the proceeds from the sale.

Hans.KK
12-01-2014, 13:48
Yes. You sign a document giving your consent to her purchase, and waiving any interest in or claim to the property.

And a similar document pertaining to the sale of her current property and the proceeds from the sale.And remember Notary stamp and all that jazz too.