PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Calendar now available

robertmf
09-01-2014, 01:15
A publishing house run by the Russian Orthodox Church has released a 2014 calendar devoted to Josef Stalin, unleashing a flurry of indignation among Russian bloggers and a discussion about the Church's ties to the former Soviet dictator.

The calendar, published by the Moscow-based patriarchal printing house of the Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius monastery, presents pictures of Stalin, accompanied by excerpts from his biography. The photographs show Stalin gradually ageing as the months roll on from a young man on the January page to a gray-haired Soviet leader in December.

The calendar, on sale for 200 rubles ($6), "would be an excellent gift for veterans and history buffs," according to the website of Dostoinstvo publishing house.

MT article (http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/fury-over-biographical-stalin-calendar-published-by-orthodox-church/492446.html)

:eek:

Benedikt
09-01-2014, 07:10
The calendar, published by the Moscow-based patriarchal printing house of the Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius monastery, presents pictures of Stalin, accompanied by excerpts from his biography. The photographs show Stalin gradually ageing as the months roll on from a young man on the January page to a gray-haired Soviet leader in December.

and money indeed does not smell, so let the Church print them. who cares. -don't like the calendar, don't buy,- like with anything else. MAXIM has a very nice alternative.Though i think the church there would not approve of the naked buxom ladies that adorn 12 pages. does not bother me, i bought.:hooray:

FatAndy
09-01-2014, 11:10
:eek:
What?

Well, calendar.

Well, with Uncle Joe.

What's so remarkable? :suspect:

BTW, I've been to Troitse-Sergieva Lavra Jan 2nd and 3rd, didn't see any. Otherwise, I'd buy just for the collection - I have a stack of 2014 calendars from partners, some are very good, some are terrible.