PDA

View Full Version : Best way to transfer money Germany->Russia?

pstein
06-01-2014, 21:57
What is the best way to transfer a bigger amount (>30000 Euro/USD) from
Germany to Russia (e.g.sberbank)?

I don't want to use Western Union

penka
06-01-2014, 22:20
If you got an account in Russia, just do a regular bank transfer. You will pay the fee. Also, keep in mind which currency is the recipient's account is set on. You might lose some money on the rate of exchange. The transfer takes a few day, depends, but is always done within 5 biz days.
You must be prepared to say, what is the nature of your transfer: gift, repayment of the loan, etc.
If you will come to the German bank with such cash, be prepared to produce a document, stating the origins of the funds. Account to account transfer should be no problem.

FatAndy
06-01-2014, 22:56
I'd recommend you to consult your German bank first - whom they recommend as a partner in RF. Then open an account there and make wire transfer, as penka recommended.
Sber easily opens rub, oiro and dirty green papers accounts, as well as issues debit plastic for them. But using oiro account to pay in rubles here in RF results in conversion losts (the "fork" is rather sufficient). So it's better to withdraw oiros in cash, change them to rubles in reliable exchange point (see rbc.ru cash exchange pages) and use rub cash or put them to rub account.

Benedikt
07-01-2014, 05:58
What is the best way to transfer a bigger amount (>30000 Euro/USD) from
Germany to Russia (e.g.sberbank)?

I don't want to use Western Union

do you have a bank account back home? and which bank? if yes, check out if they have something here in Moscow. a bank that also does retail work and not only corporate clients or no -banking- at all.
but most important you need proof where the money came from, in case you want to take it out again at a later stage.
easiest way of course, if you are here, take a cheap AirBerlin/fly Nikki, bring the money in cash, DECLARE IT AT CUSTOMS, and pay it into your local bank account. you can have a Ruble, Euro or Dollar account.
60 -500 Euro notes is not such a big thing.

FatAndy
07-01-2014, 11:02
60 -500 Euro notes is not such a big thing.
Ja, Genosse! Nur das kleine "Kotelett"! :D