PDA

View Full Version : Help with obtaining a work visa

Nd346
08-12-2013, 11:48
Hello,
I am in Moscow now on a student visa that will expire on the 29th of December. I came to Russia to get my TEFL certification and I did. Now I wish to stay and work as a teacher. I have had job offers , but all of them require me to either have a visa already or go through their process of obtaining one. A process that would take a minimum of 6 weeks , or so I am told. I don't know a lot about visas in Russia, so is there some way to get a work visa without using the school's way? A quicker way? Or some way to get it without going back to America ? Any help is appreciated!

Hans.KK
08-12-2013, 13:13
I have had job offers , but all of them require me to either have a visa already or go through their process of obtaining one. A process that would take a minimum of 6 weeks , or so I am told.They just try to escape to do the paperwork to help you to get a work visa.

I don't know a lot about visas in Russia, so is there some way to get a work visa without using the school's way?No, the place where you will work have to help you with the visa issue, no way to escape that unless you already have a work visa with/on an other employer.

A quicker way?No.

Or some way to get it without going back to America ?You have to leave Russia and apply form outside Russia, you may try to contact Liga Consulting http://www.rusvisa.org and ask if they can help you to do the applying process for an other country than the US, but you still have to make your future employer to do the paperwork to be able to apply for a work visa.

rosieredwood
08-12-2013, 15:41
Hello,
I am in Moscow now on a student visa that will expire on the 29th of December. I came to Russia to get my TEFL certification and I did. Now I wish to stay and work as a teacher. I have had job offers , but all of them require me to either have a visa already or go through their process of obtaining one. A process that would take a minimum of 6 weeks , or so I am told. I don't know a lot about visas in Russia, so is there some way to get a work visa without using the school's way? A quicker way? Or some way to get it without going back to America ? Any help is appreciated!

Contact Vadim Rybakov of Liga-Consultant at the following e-mail:

office@rusvisa.org

He can help you arrange to receive a visa in Kiev. As a US citizen, you can apply for a year-long, multi-entry business visa; or for a three-year, multi-entry business visa. Vadim can fill you in on the rest of the details.

Hans.KK
08-12-2013, 17:20
As a US citizen, you can apply for a year-long, multi-entry business visa; or for a three-year, multi-entry business visa. Vadim can fill you in on the rest of the details.Yes, but a business visa is NOT a work visa, and then one can not WORK on such a thing.

OP clearly need a work visa and nothing else if OP want to be in Russia on a legal basic of course.

Nd346
08-12-2013, 22:27
Contact Vadim Rybakov of Liga-Consultant at the following e-mail:

office@rusvisa.org

He can help you arrange to receive a visa in Kiev. As a US citizen, you can apply for a year-long, multi-entry business visa; or for a three-year, multi-entry business visa. Vadim can fill you in on the rest of the details.

How long would this process take? And is it possible to get a work permit with a business visa? Or if I have a business visa, then I will absolutely not be able to work?

Nd346
08-12-2013, 22:28
Yes, but a business visa is NOT a work visa, and then one can not WORK on such a thing.

OP clearly need a work visa and nothing else if OP want to be in Russia on a legal basic of course.

Is there any way at all to work on a Business visa?

Hans.KK
09-12-2013, 00:11
Is there any way at all to work on a Business visa?Not in a legal way.
If you want to work legal in Russia you need a work visa.
If you want to work illegally in Russia then you just need a visa, any type will do.

Nd346
09-12-2013, 16:47
Not in a legal way.
If you want to work legal in Russia you need a work visa.
If you want to work illegally in Russia then you just need a visa, any type will do.

Alright. So, at what point would I be required to leave the country? I assume I wouldn't need to while my invitation is being prepared. How long would I need to not be in Russia? Would it be cheaper to go to a European country versus going back to the USA?

Hans.KK
09-12-2013, 17:28
Alright. So, at what point would I be required to leave the country?When you existing visa runs out so to speak.

I assume I wouldn't need to while my invitation is being prepared.Yes, you can stay as long as you visa is valid and you do not violate the conditions on that visa.

How long would I need to not be in Russia?As long as it takes to process you new visa.

Would it be cheaper to go to a European country versus going back to the USA?I think so, but contact http://www.rusvisa.org/ and ask if they can help you and how much they charge, then you can compare.
Or find an other company that do this kind of service, there are more than Liga.

swansong
09-12-2013, 19:28
i'm going to weigh in here too.
The OP is in fact out of time I think. If his visa expires on the 29th, there is not enough time to get another visa. With Liga, I believe they need 15 business days to process it. Work visa would take even longer. Pack your bags friend.