PDA

View Full Version : Hello (finally)

StevieD
01-12-2013, 12:18
Hey all just thought about time i said hello as i have posted a few times previously (usually for advice and such)

I'm Steve and finally moved to Russia from the UK at the start of last month, now living in Serpukhov (near Moscow) and getting married to my amazing lady at the end of the month, and slowly trying to settle into the Russian way of life -and language.

Benedikt
01-12-2013, 12:21
Hey all just thought about time i said hello as i have posted a few times previously (usually for advice and such)

I'm Steve and finally moved to Russia from the UK at the start of last month, now living in Serpukhov (near Moscow) and getting married to my amazing lady at the end of the month, and slowly trying to settle into the Russian way of life -and language.

and all the best for you and your amazing lady in the future!

StevieD
01-12-2013, 12:28
thanks mate, she has to be amazing to put up with me being honest i am somewhat of a silly sausage at times (her words)

TolkoRaz
01-12-2013, 12:33
Many Congratulations :)

penka
01-12-2013, 12:35
Congratulations and all the best to both of you, Stevie!:-)

Benedikt
01-12-2013, 12:39
thanks mate, she has to be amazing to put up with me being honest i am somewhat of a silly sausage at times (her words)

normally they use (my wife did...) -chainik-,-tshuktshe-, wonder what YOURS sounds in russian language, can't think of a translation!enlighten us please!

FatAndy
01-12-2013, 13:28
normally they use (my wife did...) -chainik-,-tshuktshe-, wonder what YOURS sounds in russian language, can't think of a translation!enlighten us please!
Churka nerusskiy! :D

Steve, all the best to you and your lady! :beerbros:

StevieD
01-12-2013, 13:40

Silly sausage she always says in English mate, but the one that gets me usually just after i spill a drink or drop some food, then it is always a giggle followed by 'Svintus' and it always makes me smile (yup i am aware what a svintus is ;p)

FatAndy
01-12-2013, 13:52
Svintus is a very tender and warm word ;)

Benedikt
01-12-2013, 16:28
Svintus is a very tender and warm word ;)

http://www.artlebedev.ru/everything/svintus/

though would not one have in my house. disasters are pre programmed....

wormboy
01-12-2013, 17:57
Churka nerusskiy! :D

:D For me it sounds tender. When I was a child my Mom called me churka nerusskaya when I made mistakes in my speech.

StevieD
01-12-2013, 18:51
http://www.artlebedev.ru/everything/svintus/

though would not one have in my house. disasters are pre programmed....

will show that to Yulia later on, im sure she will like it ;)