PDA

View Full Version : Is everyone nuts?Leprosy test for work?

finnandcork
25-11-2013, 18:21
I have called 3 different clinics in Moscow, one said leprosy test is required, two said no, one website says yes, the other no.

Alan65
25-11-2013, 18:26
I have called 3 different clinics in Moscow, one said leprosy test is required, two said no, one website says yes, the other no.

A leper goes to a prostitute for sex, after he pays her he says "keep the tip".

AstarD
25-11-2013, 18:37
Yes. But you have to have proof that you don't have these:
1. Leprosy
2. Syphilis
3. Chancres
4. TB
5. HIV
6. Narcotics

finnandcork
25-11-2013, 18:40
proof? Ive just looked at an additional 5 embassy websites, all say HIV, but nothing else...unless one is applying for TRP, then they want TB, leprosy, sexually trans. diseases,

AstarD
25-11-2013, 18:42
This is what you need for a work permit/work visa.

Just HIV is for a tourist or business visa.

FatAndy
25-11-2013, 18:50
unless one is applying for TRP, then they want TB, leprosy, sexually trans. diseases,
Yes. Mental diseases too.

finnandcork
25-11-2013, 19:05

Is there a website that says this? russian gov.?

finnandcork
25-11-2013, 19:08

is there a clinic that takes all the tests necessary?

celia
25-11-2013, 19:10
I got my work visa (worked as an English teacher) in Canada before I went to Russia, and all I required was an Aids test (that was at the beginning of 2012 though).

VicY
25-11-2013, 19:39

:yikes::9456::yikes::9456:

An HIV test for a tourist visa to Russia?! For EVERY foreigner, without exception? That's weird. A Dutch friend recently got his at the consulate in Hong Kong and he was not required to take any such test.
Would it depend on where you are applying?

FatAndy
25-11-2013, 19:47
is there a clinic that takes all the tests necessary?
Yandex helps, as usual
http://www.fmsmoscow.ru/docs/temp_residence/

FatAndy
25-11-2013, 19:49
:yikes::9456::yikes::9456:

An HIV test for a tourist visa to Russia?! For EVERY foreigner, without exception? That's weird. A Dutch friend recently got his at the consulate in Hong Kong and he was not required to take any such test.
Would it depend on where you are applying?
As far as I remember, for visas 3 months and longer.

okiey
25-11-2013, 20:13
No HIV or medical required for a tourist visa.

robertmf
25-11-2013, 20:24

Leprosy is reported to be increasing in Russia (http://www.whale.to/v/tebb/tebb1.html#RUSSIA.) with startling rapidity

:badclown:

Benedikt
26-11-2013, 05:25

but don't worry, it does not hurt! this is not an additional test, meaning nothing has to be cut or extra blood has to be drawn. it is all done with the same blood that is taken for the other tests. just costs more money.....
Russia can not/ does not want to/for whatever other reasons/ differentiate between -foreigners- or -tourists- from the East or West or from the ex cccp or east block states and countries.
the law is supposed to be one for everybody. and it was posted here that Leprosy was noted, so they asked for one more test. wonder what all the fuss is about/ does not hurt, and costs (here at my clinic in Moscow at least) 250 rubles, which is about 6 Euro.
By the way, as a requirement for my job, we have to do every year a set of 10 tests...EVERYONE, local or foreigner. and funny, no one squeals. we all go, takes 1 hour only.

robertmf
26-11-2013, 05:34
By the way, as a requirement for my job, we have to do every year a set of 10 tests...EVERYONE, local or foreigner. and funny, no one squeals. we all go, takes 1 hour only.

TB also :question: I should think TB :10600: is bigger problem than leprosy

Benedikt
26-11-2013, 05:55
TB also :question: I should think TB :10600: is bigger problem than leprosy

and maybe they are paranoid. maybe they are just trying to stop it before it even had started?
to be honest, i never ahve gone deeper into the subject,Leprosy, how it starts, who can get it, can you get it from touching, being touched and the like. The test was required, nothing extra needed to be done, so i got over with it.
And coming back from Moscow to Lipetsk in a full bus, with people coughing and sneezing and wheezing i was wondering, what the hell i might catch here....
Leprosy for sure not.

robertmf
26-11-2013, 06:35
And coming back from Moscow to Lipetsk in a full bus, with people coughing and sneezing and wheezing i was wondering, what the hell i might catch here....

Don't use dirty public toilet seats :evilgrin:

:alien:

Benedikt
26-11-2013, 06:51
Don't use dirty public toilet seats :evilgrin:

:alien:

how clean the ( pay) public toilets are along the bus route. no port-a- loos but toilets.. and they for sure are cleaner than most of Moscow's pay toilets, special these plastic cubes..

robertmf
26-11-2013, 07:07
how clean the ( pay) public toilets are along the bus route. no port-a- loos but toilets.. and they for sure are cleaner than most of Moscow's pay toilets, special these plastic cubes..

No toilet in the bus :question:

Here, city busses will not have toilet, but inter-city busses all have them

Benedikt
26-11-2013, 07:27
No toilet in the bus :question:

Here, city busses will not have toilet, but inter-city busses all have them

and anyway, there are 2 pit stops,(travel time is 7h) that long/short anyone can hold for sure.
you have had a seat next to the toilet on a long distance flight or train? never mind how good the air con might be, it still smells...

finnandcork
26-11-2013, 08:45
Ive heard the leprosy--or, in the pc vernacular, Hansens disease---test is reciprocal or something like that...yes, the TB strains in Russia are unique and resistant to meds, Ive read that there are strains peculiar to certain prisons.