PDA

View Full Version : Buying travel check in Russia?!

persian
23-11-2013, 13:02
Hi everyone ,
I wonder if there is any trusted bank that i can buy a travel check? I checked with raiffesen and some other bank they done give anymore?

Thanks

persian
23-11-2013, 13:04
Sorry for mistake "don't "

tonytony
23-11-2013, 13:52
Travellers Cheques are very rare now and I can hardly think of anyone who still issues them, both Sberbank and VTB have stopped selling them. Back home in the UK they are also very rare as well nowadays.

They are also very bad value, you get a terrible exchange rate with them. It's a lot better to use an ordinary debit card.

If you are worried about loss when you are travelling then you can get a prepaid currency card which you can load with however much you want.

Prepaid cards give you a much better exchange rate than Travellers Cheques used to do.

FatAndy
23-11-2013, 14:25
Money belt and 100 dirty green franklins in it, allowed by RF customs to carry out in cash. The rest, if any, put on debit/prepaid card of some big Russian bank in usd or eur. Ask bank about recommendations which intl banks they work with, then select those having better exchange/commission rates.

persian
23-11-2013, 17:41
Thanks for the great advises.

Benedikt
23-11-2013, 18:31
Hi everyone ,
I wonder if there is any trusted bank that i can buy a travel check? I checked with raiffesen and some other bank they done give anymore?

Thanks

If you go to Europe get a Raiffeisen with Euro. USA and Asia it is still better to get US $$.