PDA

View Full Version : Master Bank - License withdrawn

BelindaG
20-11-2013, 11:06
I have read a news report in the Russian papers today that Masterbank has had its license withdrawn.

All the ATM's are shut down, and the bank branches seem to be closed.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to if and how one can get one's money out after something like this has happened?

BelindaG
20-11-2013, 12:02
Ok, I've found out that they will pay out depositors up to 700 000 roubles after 4 December 2013. I wonder if they will pay out the interest received over the period that the money was on deposit... ?

FatAndy
20-11-2013, 12:06
I wonder if they will pay out the interest received over the period that the money was on deposit... ?
Call them and ask. Money cost now is ~ 1.5%/mo

Alan65
20-11-2013, 12:08
Bank run being averted?

BelindaG
20-11-2013, 12:30
Call them and ask. Money cost now is ~ 1.5%/mo

The bank employees tell me that they know as much as I do... Smoke and mirrors out there.

okiey
20-11-2013, 13:21
Its licence was revoked for money laundering.

BelindaG
20-11-2013, 13:27
Yes, I know Okiey... I was asking how to do about getting the funds returned to me. I've since watched a few more news channels and it's a little more clear than mud.

The problem here is that every man and his dog is now 'running' in panic to the other smaller banks out there where they have money on deposit and withdrawing their euros or dollars or roubles.... This is how a 'run' starts... like a pack of cards.

Its licence was revoked for money laundering.

MashaSashina
20-11-2013, 15:39
Yes, I know Okiey... I was asking how to do about getting the funds returned to me. I've since watched a few more news channels and it's a little more clear than mud.

The problem here is that every man and his dog is now 'running' in panic to the other smaller banks out there where they have money on deposit and withdrawing their euros or dollars or roubles.... This is how a 'run' starts... like a pack of cards.

I believe you'll soon find the info on asv site, they will assign the banks where you can come and receive up to 700 k of your funds.

FatAndy
20-11-2013, 15:55
Some people "in the theme" told me if you have an account with attached plastic card inside "salary project" of some company in the MasterBank, say bye-bye to those money... :eek: These companies now try to move funds to another banks, but...

MashaSashina
20-11-2013, 15:59
Some people "in the theme" told me if you have an account with attached plastic card inside "salary project" of some company in the MasterBank, say bye-bye to those money... :eek: These companies now try to move funds to another banks, but...
Why? Salary is my money, not the company's... Aren't they covered by insurance?

inorcist
20-11-2013, 16:08
Wasn't it in the news for about two years by now that master bank is under scrutiny by the central bank?

FatAndy
20-11-2013, 16:11
Why? Salary is my money, not the company's... Aren't they covered by insurance?
Dunno, the data are from my current bank, they have a number of requests from clients who has accounts in it and in MB too. No chance yet. Though it may appear my misunderstanding... and one more evidence of the proverb about banks and jars.

MashaSashina
20-11-2013, 16:25
Dunno, the data are from my current bank, they have a number of requests from clients who has accounts in it and in MB too. No chance yet. Though it may appear my misunderstanding... and one more evidence of the proverb about banks and jars.

I think it's a misunderstanding. I don't get how could a salary project change the situation. It's still my money on my account.