PDA

View Full Version : Some issues to get clear regarding marriage.

expatindian
18-11-2013, 17:53
Hi everybody,

I am an Indian citizen planning to get married to my russian girlfriend. Now i am living in South Africa and planning to move to Moscow soon. I am planning to come either on a 3 months tourist visa or a job visa to work as an english teacher. I saw in one post below by one fellow Indian regarding what documents to take to get married. So i see as per rule i need 3 documents to get married,

1. A No objection certificate stating i am bachelor. (To collect from Indian embassy moscow)
2. Police PCC. (Same like above)
3. Notary translations of my passport visa (At any translation agency).

I have read we have to go to the local ZAGS office to get married. Now my girlfriend lives in Nogisnsk. So i guess we need to go there. How long does it take to make a booking for marriage?? This is my first question.

Second question is, say today we got married, can we apply for temporary resident permit tomorrow ? How long does it take to have this temporary resident permit from the day of application ?

Third question, from the day of my temporary resident permit application till to the day i got it, if whatever visa i am having at that moment expires what should i do then ?

Regards,

Sougata

Hans.KK
18-11-2013, 23:59
1. A No objection certificate stating i am bachelor. (To collect from Indian embassy moscow)
2. Police PCC. (Same like above)These you need to get Apostille stamped in you home country if that country had sign the Hague Convention about apostille Apostille Convention - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
After the Apostille stamp you bring the documents to Russia for translation into Russian, and then notary verified.
If you home country had not sign the Hague Convention about Apostille, then you need to go the legalize route.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legalization_(international_law)
Both ways had been explained in this forum many times, read back if interested.

How long does it take to make a booking for marriage?? This is my first question.We made it in a hour, but to do the paperwork to be able to apply is a different story.
Btw I had to be in Russia on a private visa to get married, I could not do it on a business visa, but ask at the ZAGS office where you plan to get married.